Home

Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote Championship: Barry Sanders vs. Adrian Peterson

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote Championship: Barry Sanders vs. Adrian Peterson within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote Championship: Barry Sanders vs. Adrian Peterson

I believe IF your going to represent the last 25 years it should be the greatest.

In my opinion Rice was the clear choice for that aspect.

I do not believe Sanders is the best choice for that and as such is not the person whom should break the current athlete in their prime covers. Madden should focus on the current performers and AP who lets not forget nearly broke the season rushing record thats insane!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 30
I meant to say, I prefer Barry Sannders. He was the greatest rb I ever seen during my life time. I used to wish my former Cowboys would trade Emmitt for him especially since the Boys back then had the crazy O-line. Emmitt wasn't that good to me and if he had Sanders' Detroit O-line, Emmitt's career would have been garbage and ended early.

That being said, AP may help move more units by being on the cover and he may be the second greatest rb I've ever seen who played during my lifetime.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #27
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13

Everyone vote for Peterson!!! Why would you want yet ANOTHER lions player on the cover of Madden 2 years in the row! Lets change it up.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #28
Rookie

IvanCalderon90's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I don't understand people not liking Barry Sanders. Just because he doesn't have a ring or winning record, he is still the most talented elusive back of all time. AP is in a close second and depending on how the rest of his years go, may even surpass Barry. I still want AP on cover over Barry though.
You might want to watch footage of Gale Sayers before calling Barry the most elusive back ever. Watch Sayers' game against SF in the mud; Sanders was merely average in bad weather games.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #29
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13

Vote for Peterson if you actually want a different look for this years Madden. If you want ANOTHER lions player on the front then by all means for for Sanders.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #30
Rookie

DaBlackGoku's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
I believe IF your going to represent the last 25 years it should be the greatest.

In my opinion Rice was the clear choice for that aspect.

I do not believe Sanders is the best choice for that and as such is not the person whom should break the current athlete in their prime covers. Madden should focus on the current performers and AP who lets not forget nearly broke the season rushing record thats insane!
You know, Sanders almost broke the record as well right? On a worse team.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #31
Rookie

beecravey7's Arena

OVR: 3
B. Sanders. He accomplished what he did on a team that was not very good. He made countless players look silly trying to tackle him. Most humble player probably ever with his ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 16

It's my opinion that these "Cover Votes" are nothing more than EA's marketing department doing their thing. I believe the decision was made to market this year's game with a Running Back on the cover several weeks ago, and they've steered the results to get what they need to market their game. Is it unethical? Possibly, but what's really at stake? The "Cover Vote" shenanigans always give football fans something to talk about and raises awareness of yet another Madden release.

Pure speculation follows - I would not be surprised if the Madden 25 cover includes both Barry Sanders AND Adrian Peterson - similar to the dual cover athletes of Larry Fitzgerald/Troy Polamalu a few years back. They'll likely have some nicely written press release about Barry Sanders representing 25 years of Madden history along with AP carrying on his legacy.

-SeventhWard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »