Home

Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #57
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6

Ok, this tidbit has me freaking excited and my heart racing to actually see this in action. I am having a hard time believing that we are finally getting a "chess" aspect put into this game to make people play wisely.

One thing I hope for is this is true is that there is no glitch that would give the offense a boost of some sort when everyone should be tired in some way or another even in no huddling situations.

C'mon EA, this has made my faith in you meter rise a bit, lets keep it up please!
I feel you BUT the key to this is how it gets "tuned" between now and the final game. Considering they still refuse to add a "sim" setting, as far as we know now, who knows how effective fatigue will be after their initial balancing act on release or after the first patch which the natives are restless about their Superstar player(s) being sluggish, injured and/or fumbling in the 4th quarter from exhaustion. I feel using the wrap up the ball button should be required for any player with a low carry rating to prevent fumbles, to add a User risk that needs to be accounted for with those players

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The fatigue has me excited but if it turns out to work properly, for the love of god, allow us to create custom packages, use combo packages and do formation subs outside of the game.
This is why the Connected Franchise blogs for M25 are going to be so important because quite honestly this is a must have at this point. For all the good things they are talking about and there are some really good things, it will all be diminished if they don't come full circle by now. Things like team management formation subs, at least the HC09 wear-n-tear system, playbook knowledge, access to Gameplans, etc, have to be there to compliment the game play improvements. If not, like you alluded to, it will make good things like fatigue, be received poorly due to a lack of being able to game plan for them.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #58
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Another thing I'd like to see in regards to the stamina is the cumulative effects over the course of the season at the more demanding positions. If you're giving your back 50 carries a game, it shouldn't just take it's toll for that game only. It should roll into next week and even play a part over the course of a season based on toughness and stamina ratings.

If I was doing it, I would say a small adjustment like further into the season instead of starting the game at 100% stamina he only starts at 97% and as the season goes on if he continues to take a pounding, the amount of stamina he starts with each week lessens.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #59
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
He means blocking logic and animations. I had a conversation with one of the Game Changers today and EA has some blocking info under embargo still. Specifically regarding offensive line animations/interactions and pass blocking.
Pray with me fellas...
Old 04-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #60
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been reading all the articles for both NCAA 14 and M-25.

While I really like what I am reading......both games are a wait and see till black Friday for me. By then the OS community and the members I trust the most will have broken down every aspect of the game, gotten the patches and then I can see if I want to upgrade from NCAA 13 (which is a game I love) and finally.....finally get the Madden I have been wating for since last gen (05 and 07). While I got enjoyment out of Madden 10 and 12... Madden 13 was a monster letdown of epic proporations.

I will say it again though. I really like what I am reading about IE 2.0 and the new running game, blocking AI and defensive angles.

I hope to read some more great enhancements about Connected Franchise for the offline player. And see even more improvement in presentation and immersion off the field.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #61
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

"One thing is for sure, this year’s game is going to showcase an offensive-heavy attack, reminiscent of Madden NFL 04 when the “Playmaker” controls were introduced."

This makes me nervous... I hope they gave defense some love and counters to all that was done on the offensive side of the ball. Defense wins championships and I like to play that old school style of play like the 85 Bears.

I passed on last years game for the 1st time ever since the first release of madden. It just felt stale to me and when playing the demo things like the RB falling when hitting my OL's back killed it for me along with the lack of OL/DL interactions. I want to have the ability to be a DE and swim move, power move, and shed blocks left or right. I want to feel like I can play a difference with a elite pass rusher. If I am playing with a MLB like Patrick Willis (never would as Im a Seahawk's fan) as an example and Im being blocked I want the ability to shed a block left or right. I felt like in the past if I got blocked I was out of the play for good. I also really hope all this blocking and running upgrades translate to better special teams plays and open that part of the game back up as it should be IMO...

The point is I think it's great to have cutting and working on the running game, run blocking, along with the additions to the passing game from last year but without equally working on the defense and giving some counters I will be frustrated again as I cant stand playing in 42-38 shoot out games.

Again, remember I passed on last years game from just my experience with the demo so I might have missed some things added in patches last year or from a lack of stick time with the retail version. I just so missed playing a football game last year for the 1st time ever especially with my Seahawks playing like they did last year. I will be purchasing day 1 no matter what this year because I cant take another year off with the Seahawks primed for another run at a Super Bowl! :-) I just hope we hear some news on the defensive front and it wasn't forgotten about. I did hear better pursuit angles which is great but we still need more IMO... I need my legion of boom represented in M25!!!

Great write up's though! I'm excited to see how the run game feels when on the sticks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #62
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Same here as well. We know the human team will be affected. But the big question becomes how will the AI team be affect by this new stamina meter as well. If so how will this affect the subbing of guys into the game at the right time on the AI team. Will it work right for the AI period. That is my question.
this is a BIG one..im all for dynamic fatigue but if i play a game vs. the CPU AI and A. Peterson carries the ball 4 times in a row in the first quarter and then he disappears from the game until the 4th ..there is a problem. or if he carries all game and then is absent from the game in the 4th quarter completely, there is a problem...its happened before in EA football i hope it doesnt happen again
Old 04-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
this is a BIG one..im all for dynamic fatigue but if i play a game vs. the CPU AI and A. Peterson carries the ball 4 times in a row in the first quarter and then he disappears from the game until the 4th ..there is a problem. or if he carries all game and then is absent from the game in the 4th quarter completely, there is a problem...its happened before in EA football i hope it doesnt happen again
This times a million. Tiburon REALLY struggles to polish and tune. I'm sick of reading about sliders and hidden effects of penalty sliders and priority sliders and so on. I'm tired of having literally millions of possible games within Madden - we need a handful that work instead. I don't want to find out that you can get realistic fatigue as long as you play 11 minute quarters with 20 second runoff, 97 DPI, 53 Holding, All-Pro difficulty, and on Fast speed. And your team has to run a spread offense and aggressive 3-4 defense. And if you change teams or your MLB retires, it breaks. But only in online franchise, because the settings don't work the same offline or in play now. Obviously I'm exaggerating, but so many random little things screw with the tuning and make it impossible to create the experience that EA should be creating.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The fatigue has me excited but if it turns out to work properly, for the love of god, allow us to create custom packages, use combo packages and do formation subs outside of the game.

This is actually what I want to know about.

If this is in the game, I'll get the fatigue and injuries like I want it - did it for M12.

But if auto-subs are a mess again (still don't get that), and no packages - ugh. Just...ugh.

And hopefully it impacts the CPU team in the same way as the User.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »