Home

Let's be totally honest here...

This is a discussion on Let's be totally honest here... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2003, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Let\'s be totally honest here...

it doesn't make a real any difference if you use the worst coach in the NFL as long as the playbook is the one you like...Same with almost any other feature other than it boost's their ratings a bit at the end of a season...Other than that if you are controling the players why should it matter?

Also this game plannin screen (Coaches Options) It does basically nothing no matter what you do. Why bother with it at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2003, 03:35 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Let\'s be totally honest here...

it does when u sim, the coach options screen has to do with simmed games. The coach hiring thing has to do with progression, a better coach and ur players will progress higher
Old 12-08-2003, 09:03 AM   #3
Rookie

Well that kind of sucks if you ask me. The reasonm I say so is games seem to always have the same pattern. You do pretty good at first. Hit a wasll do well and then the CPU almost always comes back. You can't adjust anything to actually gameplan for anything.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

I just don't see what you're saying man....

I play as the Bears, and when I can get my running game with the A-Train going, along with my short passing game - I control the time of possession and can crank out some nice drives.

I am usually pretty good at doing this - but - the other day, I played the Packers at home and they shut down my running game, and - in the second half - Ahman Green ran wild on me - finishing with 225 yards and two scores. They crushed me 24-6, and it was actually enjoyable, in that they had clearly beaten me and were the better team that day. The cool thing about this is that I had played them just 3 games ago in the NFC Championship in Lambeau Field - and totally-owned them 34-3.

I just haven't seen the catch-up logic or the predetermined outcomes. Even in this game, if I could have gotten my ball control offense going in the second half, and kept the ball out of Green's hands - it may have been a different game. But - I just couldn't make anything happen...
Old 12-09-2003, 08:59 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Man you really hate this game. Which is fine, but why don't you try NCAA 2004 or ESPN? You might like them better. Madden seems to be doing nothing but pissing you off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2003, 01:24 PM   #6
Rookie

I have tried ESPN...It rocks. There are flaws of course but that game has a better actual game day feel. Madden just has so many extras it's hard to compete with. But I am slowly liking ESPN more and more!
Old 12-21-2003, 04:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 14

Both games have their strengths and weaknesses imo. Both are good fun to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »