Home

Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #81
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman

I believe certain player attributes should not be able to be progressed, or if so, very slowly....Speed being a major attribute that should be about maxed when a player enters the NFL; if anything XP should mostly be added later in a players career to slow regression....

Strength and agility may be others that should not progress well...

Essentially, combine physical attributes should be most difficult to progress....Trainable skills should be like blocking and coverage and tackling and pass accuracy, etc....Play Recognition should be based on film watching time, but that won't happen anytime soon in Madden, IMO.

Awareness I can see as a "game awareness," as opposed to intelligence, and thus trainable....Madden really doesn't have a "Wonderlic" attribute represented, IMO...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #82
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
The more I hear about additions to this game the more it angers me just like last year. So many things wrong with the AI, bugs, glitches, presentation and just overall gameplay for me to care about being an owner.

When a football game is released and your CPU opponent calls a timeout at 1:01 WITHOUT FAIL no matter what team and situation how the hell can I care about jacking up beverage prices at my stadium. Do they not have priorities at EA?
I expect there to be more posts like this after the honeymoon period wears, once the game is released. Priorities indeed. The game play team seems to have gotten the memo, don't know about ratings and career modes, pretty sure that's still the "old guard" with Moore and Looman.

I wonder if Donny Moore is doing the ratings for M25 on the new consoles and if Looman is doing CFM for it.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #83
MVP

infemous's Arena

Quote:
Another thing is teams that change player positions. If a team changes from a 3-4 defense and they have a guy that was a pass rushing defensive end they will move him to OLB now. So they will be in the right positions going forward.
Can anyone confirm that he is talking about CPU teams when he says this?

If so that is one of the best things I've heard about Madden 25.

I'm unsure that they'd be able to do it, but if so, that is FANTASTIC and very underrated.

Confirmation would be phenomenal, thank you!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #84
MVP

infemous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I believe certain player attributes should not be able to be progressed, or if so, very slowly....Speed being a major attribute that should be about maxed when a player enters the NFL; if anything XP should mostly be added later in a players career to slow regression....

Strength and agility may be others that should not progress well...

Essentially, combine physical attributes should be most difficult to progress....Trainable skills should be like blocking and coverage and tackling and pass accuracy, etc....Play Recognition should be based on film watching time, but that won't happen anytime soon in Madden, IMO.

Awareness I can see as a "game awareness," as opposed to intelligence, and thus trainable....Madden really doesn't have a "Wonderlic" attribute represented, IMO...

One of my favourite posts on OS was regarding a change to progression that meant that mental attributes, such as awareness, play recognition, etc. were progressed automatically, by the amount of time in a league etc. (aka the old school way) but would be tied to a rookie's hidden, unknown ability to learn on their own. This would stop people from only looking at height/weight/speed to progress players, because players that are smart can develop some elements on their own and aid the development of things like 'catching' or 'route running' etc.

It'd tone down the focus on physical freaks and their effectiveness, which is imperative in CCM - especially 32 team Online ones.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #85
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Can anyone confirm that he is talking about CPU teams when he says this?

If so that is one of the best things I've heard about Madden 25.

I'm unsure that they'd be able to do it, but if so, that is FANTASTIC and very underrated.

Confirmation would be phenomenal, thank you!
I can confirm this, Josh Looman talks about it here at 37 min mark and not only that but the news center will tell you Mike McCoy has switched to a 3-4 and Dwight Freeney has moved from DE to OLB.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/easgcra...playbook-event
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #86
MVP

infemous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I can confirm this, Josh Looman talks about it here at 37 min mark and not only that but the news center will tell you Mike McCoy has switched to a 3-4 and Dwight Freeney has moved from DE to OLB.

That is AMAZING.

This is something that makes me really happy. I think that things like this have constantly been overlooked but will make the BIGGEST difference. The amount of times Bruce Irvin would be signed by 3-4 teams and just rot at DE have been heartbreaking...

I hope the logic on it is well done tho. It seems simple but EA have messed up less complicated things.

Does this apply to other positions such as DTs in a 4-3 becoming DEs in 3-4 and OLBs in 4-3 becoming MLBs in 3-4? and vice versa?

Last edited by infemous; 05-24-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Really good catch. Looman also mentions that Freeney will revert back to DE when he gets signed by a 4-3 team. I'm not sure what that will mean though - for example, will he show up as OLB in the free agent pool, get signed by a team that needs him to start at LB, then become a DE again? Or will he revert as soon as he becomes a free agent? There could be some weird moments here, but this is definitely a step forward. The next step will be for "position" to take on a looser meaning in Madden for some players.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #88
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
That is AMAZING.

This is something that makes me really happy. I think that things like this have constantly been overlooked but will make the BIGGEST difference. The amount of times Bruce Irvin would be signed by 3-4 teams and just rot at DE have been heartbreaking...

I hope the logic on it is well done tho. It seems simple but EA have messed up less complicated things.

Does this apply to other positions such as DTs in a 4-3 becoming DEs in 3-4 and OLBs in 4-3 becoming MLBs in 3-4? and vice versa?
Hey man I just found this on Twitter.

@JPCVT: @PressRowPodcast @Steve_OS @Josh_Looman do you anticipate more flexibility with position changes in madden 25? move T to guard, CB to S,

@Josh_Looman: Yes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »