Home

Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #49
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Reveale

Love that they added a sideline reporter. Love even more that the replays will make sense(hopefully) and have authentic camera angles. I hope the pre/post play gets the same love with proper zooms, panning, and locations. I was disappointed to seem them remove the broadcast view from the pre/post play cams, hope it makes a return as well.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #50
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Reveale

The main pic used makes it looks like they're being attacked by the confetti

The storyline bits are my big interest.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill
I do have some follow up questions for Mike that I am submitting via email and I will add that specific one to the list. I'll be sending it over to him on Monday afternoon.
Thank you, I appreciate that!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 24

With all this talk about presentation, will they even call players by names? Or will it still be: "He drops back to pass.... He finds his man..... Caught! He made a great catch!"

I wonder.......
Old 06-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #53
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
With all this talk about presentation, will they even call players by names? Or will it still be: "He drops back to pass.... He finds his man..... Caught! He made a great catch!"

I wonder.......
Bill, can you ask about this Monday please? Will there be more player specific play by play?

If also like to know if we can choose what to challenge now and if we can challenge all scoring plays? I've lost games in my CCM because I couldn't challenge a play, frustrating.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-01-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #54
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
+1 on the CPU play calling. These devs have managed to dodge this one so far. Sideline reporter? Overrated. As much I love Erin Andrews what did that addition do to enhance the NCAA series? Repetitive commentary. Same with Doris Burke in NBA2K. Stale and overrated feature.

NFL Sunday is an event. Most of us lock down and watch our team for 3-4 hours every week, but throughout the entire day we are immersed into the entire league as a whole. A lot of us like to watch games at local sports bars. Why? So we can see what's going on everywhere at the same time. We know what the scores are in every game all day long as well who is having a great day individually and who isn't. We know who is a game time decision and who is out. We get injury updates all day. Unfortunately, in Madden when I'm playing a franchise game I feel like I'm on an island. In NCAA I feel like it's "College Football Saturday". Sure the update commentary can be repetitive, but at least I know what's going on around the country. I hate finishing up my game and having to go into the "more" tab to get info on other games. Another small thing that I find irritating is that if I have a 4pm game on Sunday and I play the game and then back out and go to the schedule, neither the Thursday or any of the early games have been played. Silly. There is just a complete DISCONNECT from the rest of the league. Sideline reporters and instant replay cameras DO NOT add an immersion factor and I wish the devs would cease with the lip service and give some real answers about the direction this game is headed because the track record of ripping features and adding them later clearly shows a lack of direction and planning.

Also, what's the big secret? Mike Young mentioned several times in the podcast that he couldn't reveal certain things. OK, I get it from a marketing standpoint, but seriously you have no competition! I also love that he mentioned that he was getting some "tough questions" and then later he was somewhat surprised that he didn't get many questions about Run Free. Well Mike, that's what a lot of these sites have been doing for years. Not asking tough questions and putting the devs on the spot but rather lobbing softballs in to allow you guys to swing for the fences and feature dump.

Hopefully Bill's email questions get answered, but it's much easier to dance around questions in an email....if they respond before 8/27.

I'd also like to get answers on the following:

What has been done to improve the CPU Play calling and clock management within the last two minutes of the game? Site examples like the 1:01 timeouts, the CPU calling a time out with :35 seconds left on their own 25 and then running two straight dive plays and running out the clock(happens A LOT).

How come Mass substitutions aren't in the game? They were before.

Explain how EVERY slider effects game play. (My guess is they have absolutely NO clue)

What was wrong with RB fatigue last year? Going with the "if it's in the NFL...." nonsense, the devs should know that it's a passing league and most teams are using two backs. This absolutely needs to be fixed. I would rather have this fixed than face scans.

I'm off the soap box...
Damn good post, man. I would like to hear answers to yours and Roadman's questions. My guess is we will have to discover all of that on our own.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #55
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Im not excited about the sideline reporter.. I feel like its just going to be some person alternating the same lines every game and after a few dozen games ill be spamming the X button everytime to skip it.

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 06-01-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #56
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

i wouldn't suggest it'd be in a place to be skippable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »