Home

Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Revealed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #81
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Reveale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Mike young deserves more respect than that, he has hooked up the Madden franchise with unprecedented access to CBS and NFL films.
I don't want to take your reply the wrong way or out of context, so could you please explain to me what you mean by "Mike young deserves more respect than that" ? More respect than what exactly, from my post?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 25 Presentation Details, New Sideline Reporter Added (Name Not Reveale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well I finally listened to the interview and kudos to Mr Bill on doing an OUTSTANDING job asking substantive questions, not some softball fluff. Can't say enough about that sir, it may seem like a small thing to some but after listening and reading so many "interviews" with Madden workers over the years, it was very refreshing to have someone cut through all the politicking, to ask real questions.

As for the things Mike Young stated, I seem to have pretty much nailed it in my first post ITT, before even hearing the actual interview. When the Creative Director of Madden seems to think mass subs is "some tricked out new thing", there is an obvious disconnect.

That said Mike Young is CD for M25 on PS3/360 but Kolbe is CD for M25 on PS4/Xbox1, so I will just tune out any more info about M25 for the current consoles and focus on info about what Kolbe was able to accomplish for M25 on the new consoles.
I appreciate the kudos on the interview, the primary reason I wanted to begin this type of podcast and interview exchange with EA was to ask the tough questions in a respectable manner. That's because I have nothing but respect for the hard work that the current team does to try and improve the game each year....so I have to disagree with your latter part of your comments. I think that Mike Young and Josh Looman are doing an outstanding job in "righting the ship" with regards to the Madden franchise.

We as gamers are always going to want more and there has to be a common ground between what we want and what can be realistically delivered given the confines of time and resources available to the developers. Given the huge strides the team under Mike and Josh made with Connected Franchise being coded from the ground up, I am optimistic about the upcoming release.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #83
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I don't want to take your reply the wrong way or out of context, so could you please explain to me what you mean by "Mike young deserves more respect than that" ? More respect than what exactly, from my post?
This

"That said Mike Young is CD for M25 on PS3/360 but Kolbe is CD for M25 on PS4/Xbox1, so I will just tune out any more info about M25 for the current consoles and focus on info about what Kolbe was able to accomplish for M25 on the new consoles."
Old 06-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #84
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
If nothing else, people should pay attention to the current gen version from madden 13 and now on because it is being used as building blocks for the future. The fundamental gameplay improvements and dedication to becoming more authentic to the NFL now are encouraging signs for the transition to next gen.
there is one word I kind of disagree with here and that is "transition". from what I have heard they have been working on this next gen madden for 2 years now. I would hope that the next gen version of madden 25 is on point by now. I better not here that "transition" word used as an excuse for features or critical oversights of core football characteristics missing from the product. No excuses this time around
Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #85
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
This

"That said Mike Young is CD for M25 on PS3/360 but Kolbe is CD for M25 on PS4/Xbox1, so I will just tune out any more info about M25 for the current consoles and focus on info about what Kolbe was able to accomplish for M25 on the new consoles."
So that quote is disrespectful according to you? lol. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion but I don't see where I supposedly disrespected the man in that quote. He (Young) has been CD for at least 2 years now and I don't like the things that still seem to be confirmed missing. I am not talking about major overhauls like the OL/DL, WR/DB interactions, etc but small details like mass subs, injuries, etc. I like some of Youngs' ideas, DPP being among my favs but just because I'm not satisfied with the creativity behind the game overall and prefer to focus on what Kolbe can accomplish on better consoles, isn't anything personal against Mr Young. C'mon JP, you are better than that.

Also, before you potentially go off into your spiel about your confidence in Tiburon at this point, no need, that's your opinion but I have my own, sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't but that's the beauty of being different people. Just because every improvement Tiburon makes to Madden doesn't equate to the game being solid enough for me, doesn't mean I have anything personal against the people that make it or don't think they work hard (Mr Bill), it simply means the game is not solid enough FOR ME. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #86
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
So that quote is disrespectful according to you? lol. Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion but I don't see where I supposedly disrespected the man in that quote. He (Young) has been CD for at least 2 years now and I don't like the things that still seem to be confirmed missing. I am not talking about major overhauls like the OL/DL, WR/DB interactions, etc but small details like mass subs, injuries, etc. I like some of Youngs' ideas, DPP being among my favs but just because I'm not satisfied with the creativity behind the game overall and prefer to focus on what Kolbe can accomplish on better consoles, isn't anything personal against Mr Young. C'mon JP, you are better than that.

Also, before you potentially go off into your spiel about your confidence in Tiburon at this point, no need, that's your opinion but I have my own, sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't but that's the beauty of being different people. Just because every improvement Tiburon makes to Madden doesn't equate to the game being solid enough for me, doesn't mean I have anything personal against the people that make it or don't think they work hard (Mr Bill), it simply means the game is not solid enough FOR ME. lol
For current gen people's expectations have been too high based on what the devs were being told to do by the execs. That issue seems to be at least for m25, a thing of the past. I'm trying not to overly praise the game, just wish the OS crowd would be a little less pessimistic about a game they have yet to play. We shouldn't overly praise or criticize the game until we have some time hands on with it, is my point. Some people won't like it and some will, just have to play it to find that out.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #87
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Big;

Understand what you are saying, but I'm not rushing out to buy a new system right away.

We just don't have disposable income at the moment, it is what it is.

If people do, that's great.

Ah, to be single again.lol
Old 06-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #88
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

The sad reality is the current devs are trying to undo 7 years of mistakes where important features were added then removed. You can't fix 7 years of mistakes in 1 or even 2 years. The most encouraging sign IF it continues, is the end of removing features that were in previous games. I think it's obvious if this team took over in 2005 we would be in much better shape right now. If current gen m25 isn't for you don't buy the game, if it is for you, but it and encourage the devs in a constructive manner about what you would like to see added, fixed, tuned next year.

Back to the topic of the OP. I for one think the Presentation improvements sound great and am looking forward to seeing them in some e3 vids but most of all during some hands on time with m25 in August. I don't understand all the negative regarding the presentation info, it sounds like they're adding more to presentation this year than they did in the last three years combined.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »