Home

Question about Importing Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Question about Importing Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #25
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Question about Importing Draft Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
No one can tell you what you will get in M25 because obviously no one has tried that yet, but in earlier Maddens, yes, you could very well get those and a lot more crazy combinations from importing draft classes. I really don't get your problem with the 99 Spd / 10 AWR guy, and neither the 99 Spd / 80 Acc guy, both sound pretty plausible to me, just because you can run fast doesn't make you a smart football player, and just because you have a high top end speed doesn't mean you're crazy fast on the first couple meters (think Usain Bolt, fastest guy on the planet on 100 meters, would probably get beat by half the NFLs WRs and HBs on the first 20 yards).
My point is that having 10 AWR destroys the integrity of the rating system & contracts. You can lock up some 10 AWR super stud on the cheap because his OVR isn't high. They just need to make a ratings floor so it doesn't compromise the OVR system.

That's my issue.

Quote:
Well those are UDFAs, they are just there to "fill up" the draft class there are rarely players of note in those and even in reality, there's a ton of players that hardly get scouted at all because it's obvious they won't get drafted.
There are kickers with 99 KPW in the UDFA pool. There are TE's with 90 speed & solid catching, run block, strength, accel, and durability.

This is 2013. Players don't go unnoticed with regards to physical talent.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Not a good idea taking a kicker as an example, those guys tend to go undrafted all the time, look at Justin Tucker.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #27
ND

NDAlum's Arena

Quote:
Not a good idea taking a kicker as an example, those guys tend to go undrafted all the time, look at Justin Tucker.
No comment about a TE like this?

http://maddendaddy.com/OSV/player/529194/attributes

Old 06-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
No comment about a TE like this?
No, why would I want to comment on that? I don't see it as a problem, after all, and think you're vastly overreacting.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I consider these the main ratings that we concern ourselves with per imported rookies, and I’m going to color code “blue” that which shouldn’t change during import, color code “red” the ratings that should dip during import and beside each, I will explain the reasons why:

SPD (N/A) Speed just doesn’t change. Nothing about the fields or elements slow you down in the NFL.
STR (N/A) Strength isn’t going to change for you. Maybe if given an option to slim down or bulk up..?
AWR (-10) The “speed of the game play” as well as huge play books do change, and it causes a learning curve.
AGL (N/A) Agility isn’t going to change. If you are nimble as a cat, nothing is going to change for you.
ACC (N/A) Acceleration isn’t affected. Again, the playing fields aren’t a huge difference, nor is your equipment.
CAT (-7) Catching will definitely be affected. Cannon arm QB’s and faster timing routes will be why.
CAR (-7) It’s the NFL, and now, everyone tackling you is a beast and a tactician to make you fumble.
JMP (N/A) Jumping will not be affected. If you jump high…you jump high.
BKT (-10) Breaking tackles won’t be so easy in the NFL where everyone is so much better at bringing you down.
TAK (-7) Likewise, for rookie defenders, veteran ball carriers in the NFL are going to be stronger, faster and harder to bring down.
TPW (N/A) Rookie QB’s who throw hard are still going to throw hard. This doesn’t change.
TAC (-10) Rookie QB’s who were so accurate in college, now step into a faster paced game full of more audibles, more timing routes, faster defenders, etc. Accuracy will definitely take a hit some.
PBL (-7) Pass blocking will be affected.
RBL (-7) Run blocking will be affected.
KPW (N/A) If you can kick 70 yards, then nothing is going to change that. The ball isn’t heavier.
KAC (-7) If you were an accurate kicker, your technique won’t change, but the level of speed and strength of who’s coming after you will definitely affect your mentality – this is the rating that should dive any.
STM (-7) Stamina is your body’s ability to keep going, but you are getting hit harder and faster, now.
INJ (-5) Getting hit harder and faster will likely make you a bit more prone to injury.
TGH (-7) Again, you will find out you aren’t as tough in the NFL as you were in college. It’s just reality.

Seriously. If all the stuff in blue changes or gets randomized...then it's still broken.

I disagree with this post. Every ratings including speed and strength must be adjusted to the level you are playing on. Just because a DT was strong enough to out muscle guards and centers in college doesn't mean he's relative strength will be the same when compared to NFL guards and centers. His strength should be lower according to the level he's playing on.

The same for a fast WR. Just because he was able to out run most college CBs doesn't mean his 98 speed should be represented the same on Madden because he wouldn't seem as fast when facing faster NFL DBs.

My point is your rating is relative to the players around you. Here's an extreme example. If we had a star high school player with imaginary 99 ratings and put him on a NFL team we wouldn't expect to see his ratings to also be 99 in the NFL. Just my opinion.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #30
ND

NDAlum's Arena

Quote:
I would love for this to be the case...but I really don't see the draft guides going away. That's why I'm happy we at least have the option to completely abolish them with using imported players.

Another positive thing about importing players: we might eliminate the crazy ratings. I am fed up of seeing 99 spd/99 acc/87 cth UDFA with 10 AWR. It is just so off the wall and the fact we can't even scout people is ridiculous. No player should be unscoutable IMO.
Quote:
Can you give any examples?

If I sim 5 years into a dynasty and export that class without giving a damn about the current ratings...will the overall ratings be alright in the draft class?

Do they have 99 spd guys with 10 awr?
Do they have guys with 99 spd 80 acc?

I'm not expecting perfection...but I expected a much more balanced ratings base from hand crafted classes.

When you enter the draft there are numerous players who show up out of nowhere. They are the guys listed as "Undrafted" for their projected draft round. There is no way to scout these players. Every time you draft one (outside of DE Kooper Cosbert I believe...storyline player) it is a 100% stab in the dark for their attributes. UNLESS you cheat...
Quote:
My point is that having 10 AWR destroys the integrity of the rating system & contracts. You can lock up some 10 AWR super stud on the cheap because his OVR isn't high. They just need to make a ratings floor so it doesn't compromise the OVR system.

That's my issue.

There are kickers with 99 KPW in the UDFA pool. There are TE's with 90 speed & solid catching, run block, strength, accel, and durability.

Quote:
Quote:
No, why would I want to comment on that? I don't see it as a problem, after all, and think you're vastly overreacting.
Where is the overreaction? Why must it be taken off tangent to a personal level?

If you are fine with certain "sleeper" UDFA who have great attributes but are unscoutable, we simply have a different opinion on the subject.

To each their own

Old 06-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #31
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
I disagree with this post. Every ratings including speed and strength must be adjusted to the level you are playing on. Just because a DT was strong enough to out muscle guards and centers in college doesn't mean he's relative strength will be the same when compared to NFL guards and centers. His strength should be lower according to the level he's playing on.

The same for a fast WR. Just because he was able to out run most college CBs doesn't mean his 98 speed should be represented the same on Madden because he wouldn't seem as fast when facing faster NFL DBs.

My point is your rating is relative to the players around you. Here's an extreme example. If we had a star high school player with imaginary 99 ratings and put him on a NFL team we wouldn't expect to see his ratings to also be 99 in the NFL. Just my opinion.
I only think logically per the real world that we live in, so I am not going to debate you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I only think logically per the real world that we live in, so I am not going to debate you.
What??? Ratings are objective and scaled to the level of competition. I'll use one of your examples. You say strength isn't going to change. So if someone is 99 rating in college, which means he's one the strongest players in college do you also believe he is also one the strongest NFL players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »