Home

Cam Weber: Madden NFL 25 on Next-Gen Will be Fully Featured

This is a discussion on Cam Weber: Madden NFL 25 on Next-Gen Will be Fully Featured within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Cam Weber: Madden NFL 25 on Next-Gen Will be Fully Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
That. Video. Looks. Awful.

I came in this thread hyped to see my first real gameplay of next gen football. And now I wish I hadn't seen it.

Did the trailer look good to you during the press conference? That is a better indicator of what this game will be like. The demo was just a practice run with AP and it's from a older build of the game than we saw in the trailer. Several people including EA employees at E3 confirmed the demo was older than the trailer. The trailer was all in game footage, nothing was rendered.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #34
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The trailer footage was from a later build than the E3 demo, FWIW. Keep in mind, this is like seeing current gen in March, plus it's even a greater difference because they are using new technology and a new console to build the game. This game will most likely improve drastically in the next 4 months. This is not Madden 06 all over again in any shape or fashion. This team under Cam Weber gets it, stop living in the past guys, and get pumped for next gen and the future of Madden! The future is SO bright.
I never said it was Madden 06 all over again, I just really thought the player movement would be nailed down, especially because of what the ignite engine was supposed to be based around. You are totally right and it could look way different by release, we will see. The movements just looked so similar to current gen besides the elimination of hunchback running, but the running animations still looked subpar.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #35
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Did the trailer look good to you during the press conference? That is a better indicator of what this game will be like. The demo was just a practice run with AP and it's from a older build of the game than we saw in the trailer. Several people including EA employees at E3 confirmed the demo was older than the trailer. The trailer was all in game footage, nothing was rendered.
It was hard to tell if I liked the trailer. My conclusion in the threads was "I need to see real gameplay instead of all of these slow mo close ups."

I can't comment on how it will look months from now. I can only comment on what I watched. And what I watched looked really bad.

I can excuse old builds to a first gen release, but I can't front like I have faith in EA making monumental improvements from builds to final versions.

I do agree that the dude explaining how they build Madden sounds legit. On the flip, it hurts my soul that guys like the interviewer are who reviews these sports games. Dude was so lost. Seems like he'd much rather be talking about NBA Jam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #36
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

The words fully featured makes me skeptical, why didn't he just say Madden 25 next-gen will have all the features Madden 25 current gen has. Makes me think some things may not make it to the next-gen version.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #37
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

It's like they're high quality plastic action GI Joe figurines, the ones that were like 3 inches tall? I don't see get a sense of weight to anything. Players bounce off each other, change directions...

*sigh*

I don't wanna go another 6 years without playing Madden...I was with them from the beginning...but this? I...I'll give the demo a chance down the line. Maybe it feels tigher than...it looks? I dunno.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Recommends people listen to this analysis and maybe people might feel differently.

Made sense to me and others.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
The words fully featured makes me skeptical, why didn't he just say Madden 25 next-gen will have all the features Madden 25 current gen has. Makes me think some things may not make it to the next-gen version.
People will pick apart literally anything, apparently.

Fully-featured is really self-explanatory.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 10
the running finally looks slowed down

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »