Home

OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

This is a discussion on OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

No offense, but maybe your entire rationale is exactly why the ratings are so awful game wide. Everyone wants THEIR team to be rated superhuman rather than realistically. IMO, there are very few players in the NFL who should be rated 90 or above. VERY few. What's wrong with an 89 overall rating for RG3? That makes him an elite player after only one season in which he was injured along with the fact that he didn't throw a ton of TDs.

We get that he's exciting and talented, but what else do you want him to be rated at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #26
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

Please read the thread and catch up. My rationale is the reasons of Donnys ineptness? Now that's comedy right there.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Please read the thread and catch up. My rationale is the reasons of Donnys ineptness? Now that's comedy right there.
I did read it. I've also listened to the entire podcast. I am not a fan of Mr. Moore's ability either, but in reality, part of the problem as to why the ratings are inflated and the game is so out of balance is because everyone cries that their hometown players are not rated high enough. Due to the way EA markets Madden and handles ratings, this results in unnecessary and unrealistic changes to the ratings which directly effects how the game plays.

There is nothing wrong with RG3 being rated an 89. IMO, that's too high, but it already makes him an elite player after only one season in the NFL.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Loooool this provided a nice chuckle.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #29
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I did read it. I've also listened to the entire podcast. I am not a fan of Mr. Moore's ability either, but in reality, part of the problem as to why the ratings are inflated and the game is so out of balance is because everyone cries that their hometown players are not rated high enough. Due to the way EA markets Madden and handles ratings, this results in unnecessary and unrealistic changes to the ratings which directly effects how the game plays.

There is nothing wrong with RG3 being rated an 89. IMO, that's too high, but it already makes him an elite player after only one season in the NFL.
If he actually listened I would agree 100%, but he is the dictator.
Those are of his opinions, not basedcon stats 40 times or some base line formula.
I not the one to complain about stats but I see guys getting bumped for doing nothing then guys getting super bumped because of name or teams. Its bs.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #30
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Never though someone would get so confused in something so simple. Is homerism that effective on the mind?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #31
Banned

Let me ask, how much should ratings be based on stats? That's part of it I guess, but the majority of ratings are to showcase the player's abilities. If DPP worked correctly, it would be able to bump or dip players' abilities based on how they are currently playing, their health, state of mind, etc. However, just because a guy has a solid statistical year, it doesn't mean he can suddenly run faster, be more elusive or instantly get stronger.

These ratings may see a bump or dip as the ebb and flow of a series of games dictates, but the ratings should be determined by MANY factors outside of statistical results. For a lesson in ratings, Moore needs to look at what Dan from FBG did. Dan forgot more about player metrics than Donny will ever know in his entire life.

It was painful listening to him on the podcast not even know how to pronounce the names correctly for half the players he mentioned. It's embarrassing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #32
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Is there anything new in this podcast that isn't in this one:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nny-moore.html

I started listening to the podcast and it was sounding like the interview he did with VSN about ratings so I stopped. I didn't really want to waste an hour listening to the same stuff, but if he mentions some things that are not mentioned in the VSN interview I'll go back and check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »