Home

NCAA Draft Class Imports

This is a discussion on NCAA Draft Class Imports within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA Draft Class Imports

I just imported my first draft class from NCAA (default roster with only names and equipment changed) and noticed that they have 6 (that's right, SIX) quarterbacks projected in the first round. Also, the highest rated tailback is projected in the late 3rd round... is anyone else seeing this or is this just a chance occurrence?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Draft Class Imports

Imported classes are broken. Are we really surprised? Madden generated classes need some fine tuning as well, far too many oddities like CB's with 80 spd 88 str. I get that occasionally you can see it and change them to FS/SS...but not this much.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Did you actually draft the players or your just looking at the scouting? It's different when you get to the draft. There's no more estimates only actual.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10

You have to think about a few things when you see something like this. One, like it was pointed out above, that could just be the projected rounds people are expected to go in. Another thing is the trend of the NFL draft in recent years. There have been very few running backs drafted high and very rarely first round. In some cases, not even second round. The trends really seem to be somewhat prevalent in the draft classes. Also stated, they are broken and need to be fixed, but they are on the right track, I think.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

I had the same thing with mine and only 3 were taken in the first round
so it depends on what teams need. I was surpriesed that guys did have
speed though everyone says they don't but i got a wr with 95 speed and a
rb with 93 speed (Dre Archer from my alma mater) anyway the beast of my
draft for me was Clowney he was a 90 rookie and Bridgewater was a 80 but he's
my qb of the future I stayed clear of johnny football. I'm on ps3 and used draft class
that was on here and it was really good except the only problem i saw was a lot of good linemen but there were lots of players projected in 1st and 2nd rounds that didn't go until much later in the draft. I thought it was pretty realistic. I see everyone complaining about drafts and for someone that watches football there are times when in the NFL Draft that there's none or only one superstar that comes out of a draft with only role players in it. Only recently are we seeing really loaded drafts or is it that the NFL like other leagues (NHL) are playing young players a lot earlier cause they are a lot cheaper now with the Rookie Caps in place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolaman
I had the same thing with mine and only 3 were taken in the first round
so it depends on what teams need. I was surpriesed that guys did have
speed though everyone says they don't but i got a wr with 95 speed and a
rb with 93 speed (Dre Archer from my alma mater) anyway the beast of my
draft for me was Clowney he was a 90 rookie and Bridgewater was a 80 but he's
my qb of the future I stayed clear of johnny football. I'm on ps3 and used draft class
that was on here and it was really good except the only problem i saw was a lot of good linemen but there were lots of players projected in 1st and 2nd rounds that didn't go until much later in the draft. I thought it was pretty realistic. I see everyone complaining about drafts and for someone that watches football there are times when in the NFL Draft that there's none or only one superstar that comes out of a draft with only role players in it. Only recently are we seeing really loaded drafts or is it that the NFL like other leagues (NHL) are playing young players a lot earlier cause they are a lot cheaper now with the Rookie Caps in place.
Glad to hear that. I was just worried we had gone back to the old days where literally EVERY quarterback in the class got drafted in the first round.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

putting that excuse to rest RIGHT NOW!

I have drafted multiple times, I have then played with those players only to find my corner has 79 speed. and my other one has 75, and the reason Im killing the CPU, is because I have my new 95 speed WR lined up against their #2 corner, a rookie...with 75 speed and 77 acc.

so no, its NOT just in the scouting, its the end result.

and that is in the EA SPORTS MADDEN 25 Classes, the import classes at least get it right putting CB's between 85-90's
Old 09-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
Banned

KnowOne's Arena

My problems so far with NCAA draft classes so far are repeating players. And players helmets face-masks disappearing in game. You can fix the Face-mask issue in edit player. The duplicate players in consecutive classes scares me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »