Home

What will make Madden 25 Next Gen a success in your eyes

This is a discussion on What will make Madden 25 Next Gen a success in your eyes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
What will make Madden 25 Next Gen a success in your eyes

We know the passing game will be the same (at least we can assume so)
Graphics you either like what you see or you don't
Animations, presentation and cut scenes appear to be for the most part status quo.

The areas EA says they have improved are
Player Motion, AI and LinePlay.

if the game truely "feels different" (In a good way) as Vic Lugo put it and these areas work the way EA intends for them to work. Would you consider Madden next gen a success this year?

Last edited by dghustla; 10-18-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What will make Madden 25 Next Gen a success in your eyes

1. Pass interference called on a regular basis. Along with offsides.

2. CPU blocking punts and FGs. Keyword being CPU

3. Good time management and play calling by the CPU.

4. An actual pass rush on a consistent basis by BOTH CPU defensive ends from 4 man and 3 man fronts.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

THE GRASSS!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

If it is the lowest selling worst reviewed Madden of all time, I will consider it a success for football gamers everywhere.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1. Pass interference called on a regular basis. Along with offsides.

2. CPU blocking punts and FGs. Keyword being CPU

3. Good time management and play calling by the CPU.

4. An actual pass rush on a consistent basis by BOTH CPU defensive ends from 4 man and 3 man fronts.
To piggy back off this i'll simplify it for me and just say: improved AI across the board and proper implementation of penalties.

If they can't fix these two things it doesn't matter how the game looks. If I still can't play against the CPU because they don't know how to call plays or even execute the plays it'll be pointless to get next gen. And if the game STILL has no real penalties in it, how can it be a representation of football? These are the two reasons my current gen M25 is collecting dust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
To piggy back off this i'll simplify it for me and just say: improved AI across the board and proper implementation of penalties.

If they can't fix these two things it doesn't matter how the game looks. If I still can't play against the CPU because they don't know how to call plays or even execute the plays it'll be pointless to get next gen. And if the game STILL has no real penalties in it, how can it be a representation of football? These are the two reasons my current gen M25 is collecting dust.
Pretty much these points of emphasis. The challenge system still doesn't work correct on current gen. The only NFL licensed game in town and it has poor player movement, animations, presentation, logic and it doesn't get all the other little things right that replicates the game of football.

But hey, it looks shiny (wrong outdated equipment) and you can drop back 30 yards and still complete an accurate pass throwing off three back foot while facing the sideline.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

My expectations for madden are on a grade curve.

1. Improved fluiidity to animations and transitions.
2. Less I.E. oddities ( hopefully down to almost none)
3. Stable sliders
4. Improved A.I.
5. Less buggy left trigger mechanics, and more fleshed out left trigger move. There's a lot of potential there if they approach it right.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #8
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
Pretty much these points of emphasis. The challenge system still doesn't work correct on current gen. The only NFL licensed game in town and it has poor player movement, animations, presentation, logic and it doesn't get all the other little things right that replicates the game of football.

But hey, it looks shiny (wrong outdated equipment) and you can drop back 30 yards and still complete an accurate pass throwing off three back foot while facing the sideline.
The more I think about it the crazier it seems that so many people are just okay with Madden not having penalties. You can't watch and NFL game without MOST drives being effected by penalties. I wish every once and awhile Roddy would get OPI on those curl routes, he does it all the time in real life. And Julio gets called a lot of pushing off on deep routes before the jump. These kind of penalties are what make you punt and have to try again next drive. In Madden, the offense never slows itself down. The defense is incompetent and you have the current product as a result. I can't remember ever having a penalty cancel a 3rd down conversion on me and force me to punt. I can never remember playing good D and giving up a big penalty that caused the offense to gain some momentum back. I can't even get roughing the passer or DPI if I try sometimes lol. You literally have to hit stick them 3 seconds to late or 3 seconds too early for the penalty to be called.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »