Home

How do you guys deal with sim stats?

This is a discussion on How do you guys deal with sim stats? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: How do you guys deal with sim stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Maybe since regular sim stats are so bad, CPU players don't get enough XP which contributes to the progression problem. Maybe if you SuperSim CPU games you'll get better stats, thus they'll get better XP, thus they will progress more realistically?

Unless you supersim it so they have an unrealistic amount of plays and therefore better stats it's not going to help. 6 minute supersim produces a realistic amount of plays. The only difference between supersim and the sim engine is the number of plays. For example, regardless of supersim/season sim the production is still about 6 yards per pass plays which is too low. If you supersim a game with say 10 minute quarters the cpu may throw for 400yds but it's going to be on 65 pass attempts which would be over 1000 pass attempts in the season.

Part of the problem is that players don't get XP for everything they do on the field. You have to meet milestones and unless you do it you don't get a lot of the XP. Points needs to be awarded similar to fantasy football. Like 10 XP for every yard rush/rec, 600 XP for every td, etc.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #34
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

From what I've seen, SuperSim stats are NOT the same as regular sim stats. Especially passing stats. If you do SuperSim on 6 minute quarters you won't have a ton of passers under 100 yards/game and under 50 percent completion rate, which you will have if you reg. sim all games.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:47 AM   #35
Rookie

There's definitely a multiple issues with the Madden 25 XP system across the board.

Whoever suggested making it like Fantasy Football (...and just like setting up your personal Fantasy Football leagues, make it customizable! XP for PPR, or just yards, bonus XP for milestones).

Basically, without practicing, the only XP you get is the "bonus" milestone XP. Which very few players will actually reach each game, and even when they do, it can be absurdly low to the point that an entire season of "bonus" XP might only be enough to purchase a single point of a stat upgrade.

I'm going into a 32-team control CFM with the intention of not practicing, but I'm doing it this way in order to put an emphasis on rostering / drafting players who already have good stats (CTH/CIT for receivers, for example). Because without XP, you probably won't be able to significantly upgrade most of the players.

Buying the coaching XP package that reduces the cost of player XP upgrades is also a must.

Lastly, I just want to say that I've found that the playbook your team is set to use has a drastic effect on the stats you get (and thus the performance) when Simming each week. By Simming, I'm referring to hitting the button on the 'Actions' tab of the CFM Menu screen ("X" on the XBOX360 controller) which says "Simulate".

I would frequently grab Terrelle Pryor in past Madden 25 CFM's and either use him as my primary QB long-term, use him as a temporary stop-gap until the first QB I liked in future drafts, or use him for a season or two to generate lots of XP (QB's generate more than basically any other position), then switch him to WR and use the XP to boost his AWR and CTH stats.

I always got horrible stats with him when Simming. ALWAYS.

Tons of INTs, tons of incompletions. Low yardage.

Then during my recent Raiders CFM, I had an epiphany. I looked through the available playbooks and chose the one that said "Run-Heavy". I had Peyton Hillis and Brandon Jacobs as my temporary RBs.

Raiders won 9 games that season. Beat the Broncos and the Chiefs early in the season.

Pryor had a positive TD/INT ratio.

It was like magic. A night and day difference.

Based on those experiences, playbooks seem to have a significant impact on the outcome of the Simmed games, and also on the distribution of run/pass plays.

It also seems that the more your playbook leans on your run game with a poor QB (Pryor in the first season), the less he'll throw the ball. He basically ends up with better stats because it's simulating him in less crappy, game-changing situations. You don't put the game on his shoulders, so he performs on a game-manager level and flourishes in that role, as opposed to sinking when you try to force him to channel his inner Brett Favre.

With my new 32-team CFM, I'm going to use the 4 weeks of the preseason as a testbed giving each team different playbook combinations (example, run heavy 2 weeks, then a pass-heavy playbook for 2 weeks). With 32 teams * 4 weeks, that will be a significant amount of data before the regular season hits.

Last edited by Robrain; 04-15-2014 at 02:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #36
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Yea, the last couple seasons that still had real life QB's, rodgers, brady, all the elite qb's had like 12-15 td's and 6 ints or more. wtf?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
Yea, the last couple seasons that still had real life QB's, rodgers, brady, all the elite qb's had like 12-15 td's and 6 ints or more. wtf?
That's not always the case.

In one CFM, I've seen AP set the rushing record during the first season of the CFM.

In my last one, I saw Peyton Manning break the passing yards record.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #38
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

But the SIM stats are way out of whack. The yards are there. Just the defense has too many touchdowns mostly off of ints. Low completion percentages despite throwing a ton of yards. And that equals too many pass attempts and an inflated yards per completion stat.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #39
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
That's not always the case.

In one CFM, I've seen AP set the rushing record during the first season of the CFM.

In my last one, I saw Peyton Manning break the passing yards record.
Yeah I've had that too but a few oddball seasons will have stats like that lol
Old 04-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #40
Just started!

the sim stats are so terrible on m25... im 6 years into a ccm and there were only 2 qbs in the top 20 with a positive td-int ratio and they were russell wilson with 26-19 and aaron rodgers with 21-20...the yardage numbers are terribly deflated along with yards per pass...in game this is the best madden ive played imo but the sim stats are so bad it immediately takes me out of the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »