Home

Drafting Frustration

This is a discussion on Drafting Frustration within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Drafting Frustration

they(com) know everything about draftees (except when they try to trade up to grab busts..lol)
its annoying u have to pick a player that is projected at 2-3 rounds later
without cheating (through draft guide) its hard to draft well. with only relying on projection round,
all good players tend to be gone by time ur turn comes up
my first pick: 1-2 rounder sometimes 3 rounder lol
second pick: 3- 5 rounder
third pick: 6-7 rounder
rest of picks are useless
all my scouted players are gone by round 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #26
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Drafting Frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
they(com) know everything about draftees (except when they try to trade up to grab busts..lol)
its annoying u have to pick a player that is projected at 2-3 rounds later
without cheating (through draft guide) its hard to draft well. with only relying on projection round,
all good players tend to be gone by time ur turn comes up
my first pick: 1-2 rounder sometimes 3 rounder lol
second pick: 3- 5 rounder
third pick: 6-7 rounder
rest of picks are useless
all my scouted players are gone by round 3
Man, you guys are mucking up a really simple process. Rookies upgrade their specific positional skills really cheap but upgrade their physical skills(STR, SPD, AGI, ACC) at a pretty expensive rate. Understanding that, start with physical height and weight. Bigger guys are more likely to have high STR. STR plays into everything from catching to hit power to trucking to press coverage. ACC and AGI are all about moving quickly over short distances in space so they're important for literally every position except the K and P. SPD is maybe the least important of the 4 except for CB, HB, and OLB. It helps many other positions but, even for WR, it's not critical to being successful.

So find your potential draft pool starting with size and scout only the physical skills. This will narrow down your list quite a bit. Then start scouting the attributes most important to you. This, combined with lotusfathers draft guide, should make you aware of the know studs as well as the hidden gems that can grow into beasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 05-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Drafting Frustration

If you're having issues, just play FA and make trades for the guys you wanted to draft if you didn't get them. I typically manage to score one or more guys I missed out on in trades preseason

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »