Home

Madden 25 RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF

This is a discussion on Madden 25 RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 25 RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF

Hey everybody I've been searching for a while trying to find an answer to this

In franchise mode you can upgrade your blockers run block, pass block and impact block rating.

But as we have seen blockers also have a "run block strength" as well as "footwork" and "pass block strength and footwork" which we do not have the option to upgrade.

Whether these stats are derivatives of other stats like STR, RBK, AWR or EA manually sets them I have no idea.

I have found different info like the stats are an obsolete relic from older versions that aren't used by the game but are in it for some reason, to they effect games that are simulated but not ones that you actually play and others.

A while ago on this site I found the twitter address for someone who knew a ton about Madden, they might have worked on it and you could ask them anything and they knew. I searched and can't find it, I messaged the ones I found google searching and got no answer.

If anyone has an answer I'd really appreciate it I'd like to find out.

I just got some sweet new Madden 25 roster with the 15 player ratings in it and want to do a fantasy draft.

Included are RBS/RBF/PBS/PBF and I imagine those are the ones that ship with Madden 15, I don't think the person who made the file made them up themselves.

Some are pretty confusing and make me think EA handpicked each one and that they must have some kind of impact on the game

For example

Rams RT G Robinson 6'5 323
RBS 93
RBF 78
PBS 82
PBF 60
RBK 94
PBK 78
IBL 88
SPD 73
STR 93
AGI 72
ACC 87
AWR 59

Compare to

Falcons LT J Matthews 6'5 305
RBS 97
RBF 99
PBS 85
PBF 95
RBK 84
PBK 90
IBL 85
SPD 69
STR 85
AGI 72
ACC 82
AWR 64

If you couldn't see the "blocking strength" and "footwork" stats, Robinson looks like a straight beast while Matthews looks very average.

When you look at those RBS/RBF, PBS/PBF stats Robinson looks like just ok as a run blocker and a horrible turnstyle as a pass blocker, while Matthews looks like the best blocker in the game and a franchise pass protector.

So what's the deal?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 12:17 AM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 25 RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF

Everything I've heard and read indicated that they were added but never worked and have no bearing on the game in any way which is why it was taken out of CFM. Just ignore.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 25 RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Everything I've heard and read indicated that they were added but never worked and have no bearing on the game in any way which is why it was taken out of CFM. Just ignore.
Thanks for replying.

They hopefully have no effect on real gameplay but I get the feeling they atleast impact CPU vs CPU games because they're deliberately made.

What is the connection between Matthews stats and his RBS/RBF/PBS/PBF when compared to Robinson's? Based on their physical stats and RBK/PBK/IBL they "shouldn't be", unless they were manually done which would not be surprising as Robinson is described as very raw and sloppy pass blocker and has terrible PBS/PBF, while Matthews has nowhere near the physical stats or RBK but his RBS/RBF is superior to the bigger, stronger "better run blocker".

Anybody know what's going on here or the twitter address for that madden guy who knows all these questions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »