Home

The Official Last-Gen How is your CFM going thread (Madden 15)

This is a discussion on The Official Last-Gen How is your CFM going thread (Madden 15) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 08:40 PM   #17
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Official Last-Gen How is your CFM going thread (Madden 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG
Simmed the first year as the Raiders in owner mode. Moved them back to LA and kept the Raider name (New England won the Super Bowl). Signed Maclin and signed a returning Ray Lewis. My created QB Jalen Grymes beat out Matt Shaub for the starting job in the preseason. Won first two games of the season at home against the Chiefs and Broncos. About to finish three game home stand against the Chargers.
I must ask where is Carr?
Old 09-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #18
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Week 3 against the Patriots at Foxboro, the Raiders lost again 21-14 to drop them to 0-3. Carr started his second game throwing for one touchdown and two interceptions while failing to crack 200 yards passing. Jones-Drew was held to under 100 yards rushing. Tom Brady completed 36/44 passing for 300+ yards (they were mostly short passes). Carr connected with Andre Holmes with a minute and a half left for a touchdown to bring it to one score but the onside failed. Miami next at home.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #19
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

While waiting for the official 53-man roster update so I can start with my actual CFM with the Titans and Jaguars, I have been running with one as the Raiders (using this to find a slider set at the same time). Just finished the first season, and we went 7-9 on the season, culminating in the firing of head coach Dennis Allan. Injuries to Lamarr Woodley, Pat Simms, Donald Penn, and Charles Woodson affected team.

Offensively, we struggled heavily to get anything going, with our defense keeping us in games and winning them for us. Schaub won the starting job, but was replaced in week twelve by Derek Carr after throwing for a little over 2000 yards, 10 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. Carr played well (helped by the fact that every week I used two game preps on getting him experience) and threw for 906 yards with 5 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.

Defense is where we made our killing. Just take a look at the numbers of some of these players:
Linebacker Nick Roach won Defensive Player of the Year in the AFC with 144 tackles, 5 tackles for a loss, 3 sacks, 5 interceptions, 10 deflected passes, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries.
Safety Tyvon Branch- 114 tackles, 3 interceptions, 9 deflected passes, 1 defensive touchdown
Linebacker Sio Moore- 111, 1 tfl, 1 sack, 1 interception, 6 deflected passes, 2 forced fumbles, 1 recovery
Cornerback D.J. Hayden- 81 tackles, 5 interceptions, 9 deflected passes, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery, 1 defensive touchdown
rookie Linebacker Khalil Mack- 57 tackles, 7 tackles for a loss, 3 sacks, 2 interceptions, 5 deflected passes
defensive ends Lamarr Woodley and Justin Tuck combined for 69 tackles, 20 tackles for a loss, and 17 sacks
rookie defensive end Michael Sam (picked up after he was released by St. Louis)- 23 tackles, 6 tackles for a loss, 3 sacks as a back-up
rookie cornerback Keith McGill- 25 tackles, 1 int as a fourth-string corner

Nick Roach had over 70000 experience points at the end of the season. D.J. Hayden had over 30000, Sio Moore had over 45000.
Looking at the defense at the end of the season, it looks like this:
Khalil Mack- 91 overall
Nick Roach- 81 Overall
Sio Moore- 88 overall
D.J. Hayden- 82 overall
Tyvon Branch- 94 overall

Now, we have the 9th pick in the upcoming draft, and I need to upgrade the offensive line badly. Mostly the left guard position, even though we have the young Gabe Jackson who is slowly improving. Other than that, another receiver is a possibility, but there's not much we need to improve beyond that.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #20
Rookie

Decided to run a CFM as Andy Reid with the Chiefs. Solid really deep offense, and a top 5 defense. The pre season and week 1 made for some changes though.

Week 3 of the preseason: Jamaal Charles suffered a high ankle sprain, out through week 1.

Week 1 regular season: Facing the Titans (minus Jake Locker, shoulder injury), I planned on getting stops early, and passing heavily with Charles out.

First drive of the game was a 3 and out for the Titans, which Deanthony Thomas promptly took the punt 78 yards to the house. After another stop I was driving, and near the goal line I ran a read option with Alex Smith. That was a bad idea, as he suffered a dislocated elbow. Out for 4 weeks. After a couple of big plays from the Titans, and some solid game management from Chase Daniel, I went into the half down 24-20.

The second half started slow, and I gave up a KR TD, headed to the 4th down 31-20. I forced two turnovers leading to scores in the 4th quarter, making it 35-31 with 8 minutes to play, Chase Daniel began to really hit his stride, and Donnie Avery (#1 receiver in place of the suspended Bowe) was the beneficiary. A draw play that Mccluster broke for 71 yards gave the Titans the lead, 38-35 with 3 minutes to go. Down 4 with three minutes to go, Chase Daniel took over, converting three 3rd downs and a 4th down to get down to the 9 yard line with 14 seconds to go and no timeouts on 3rd down. With time for one more play, I rolled Daniel right by design, and found Avery right by the pylon for the game winning TD with 6 seconds left. 42-38

Top Players...
KC: Chase Daniel 26-42 264 yds 3 tds 1 int
KC: Donnie Avery 13 rec 165 yds 3 tds
KC: Husain Abdullah 9 tackles 1 tfl 2 ff 2 fr

Needless to say with Smith out I'll be running the ball more next game, as its against the Broncos in Denver.

Soccer- Timbers & Everton
Old 09-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #21
Rookie

tattoosandcigars's Arena

After making some adjustments, I've decided to do a CFM with the Chargers. Moving them to Portland to become the Snowhawks after this first season is over. I still need to find ideal QB accuracy sliders, but All-Pro with Slow speed is playing almost perfectly for me. So, as of right now, getting ready for the week 1 showdown with the Cards in Arizona, no injuries of note after a 4-0 preseason. So it looks like I can get a winning team heading into Portland for next season.

Looking for a balanced offensive attack, and an aggressive defense. Turnovers would be nice from the D, but I'll settle for TFLs and sacks. Need to do some work on the O-Line to make that happen, but all in all, there's definitely a good core of talent in San Diego.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #22
Rookie

Waiting for update roster.

I think I will start with the Texans.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #23
Rookie

JoeyV9009's Arena

(Already played through one season as Seattle; mainly finding sliders and adjusting them accordingly)

Started a new CFM with Seattle last night. Looking to build up back ups and role players as Seattle's cap will be in a big crunch for the next few seasons, and there won't be much if any room for other free agents.

Pre-Season game one, Seattle @ Denver: defeated Denver 26-20 in OT. Was able to hold Denver's starting O at ease for the first quarter, but our back up offense could not get going. (6-3 Denever @ half)
Second half our back-up QB was able to get the offense going, big part to our option offense / rollout passing game. He scrambled for 2 second half rushing TD's, but we allowed a kick return TD, and a failed user ball hawk attempt allowed Denver to take a late lead of 20-17. We were lucky enough to have 3 time outs remaining with a little over 1:30 to go, in pretty good field position. Was able to get in range for a last second, game tying FG from 40yds out.
We received the ball first in OT, and a HUGE kick off return took us near the 50. I had to nickel and dime into the red zone, and go for it on a pair of 4th downs (inches and 2yds out). First and goal from the 4, used a 5-wide set QB sneak for the winning (and 3rd rushing TD from the QB).
Again the focus of my pre-season was to get the younger talent developed, and current sliders let the Denver O really move the ball well. Denver's back up threw for well over 200yds. I was fortunate enough to cause a fumble and get 2 sacks to push them out of FG range. Really excited to have pulled off the win.

Pre-Season Game 2, San Diego @ Seattle:
This game wasn't as much of a challenge as I expected it to be outside of the first quarter. Game started even matched with no real movement from either offense, however once the back ups were in the game, my offense was really able to move the ball.
I took a couple more deep shots in this game than previously against Denver, and it really did benefit my team overall. Draw plays and the option offense were not really working against SD's defense, so having a couple deep balls into FG range or to mid field helped greatly. Half time score was 21-7, and I usually defer to the 2nd half for opportunities like this to really keep a lead going.
Besides, Seattle is built for running offense and blitzing D (at least the starters are, LOL).

First half scores: 2 FG's (34, 44) 2 TD's (L.Willson 20yd rec, R.Turbin 4yd rush) and a 2 point conversion to go up 21-7 instead of 20-7. (J.Rogers QB option)
We allowed a big rush and just couldn't stop the short yard passing. Danny Woodhead single handedly beat us on that drive and he scored on a 10yd rec.

The final to the game was 35-13, but San Diego was really able to move the ball on my defense with decent success. My only saving graces for their low score were big plays on 2nd down. Just as soon as they'd nickel and dime me for a few first downs, I'd be able to stop a 1st and 2nd down play, and leave them with 3rd and long. I often just protect the sticks in this situation and hope to make a tackle in space. Even though the tackling is so-so for my D, the speed is there and as long as I don't have too much of a mis-match I can generally stop 3rd and medium/longs.

The biggest gripe I continue to have with the game is the CPU's lack of willingness to take a deep shot or throw a timing route; also more willing to take a sack than force a pass/throw ball away.

Overall, I had more success through the air against SD than I did Denver, I'm really excited to see how things continue going further into Pre and even starting the season.

PS- I really enjoy reading everyone's postings so please continue!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #24
Rookie

Does anyone know when the week 1 roster updates will be coming out?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »