Home

Major issues with Fantasy CFM!

This is a discussion on Major issues with Fantasy CFM! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Major issues with Fantasy CFM!

Here's my theory. The cpu is keeping the salary cap in mind. Your team is gonna be stacked the first year but good luck signing players in the off-season. And you can't release them without taking a huge cap hit furthering your salary cap problems that's gonna happen in the off-season. You could keep those players but you will have 0 depth behind them and maybe not enough money to sign anybody essentially breaking your franchise team.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
I don't know if you've played a season yet or what but you're team doesn't look that good.. They value QBs so high because they are the commander of your offense.

You're gonna have a rough first season with Derek Carr, plus it all depends on your coaching staff and scheme.. I got a team equivalent to yours and went 2-14 the first year while simming.

To each his own, I'm just saying, sure the CPU may overvalue QBs but for a good reason.. I don't think your team will be as good as you think.. Depth plays a huge role too, injuries are very common.. I lost 3 starting lineman in my first year and it wreaked havoc.

Unless you're just amazing at madden or play on a lower difficulty level or cheese. I bet you'll go 9-7 at best first season.
I drafted team #2 with the mindset of building an unstoppable offense. I don't plan on playing with that roster, just wanted to run a test run to see what the CPU let fall into my hands. I basically have an all-pro O-line, the best WR in the league, the best TE in the game, followed by a very respectable run game. And, building qb's throwing attributes is once again very easy this year so it'd only take me a few weeks to build him up to an average starter. (I play on all madden difficulty for an fyi).
I shouldn't be able to get multiple superstars because the QB values Geno Smith over Adrian peterson. It's a glaring issue that Ea needs to fix. I'm not sure if they intended to put ANY QB at the top of the CPU's draft board, but it shouldn't be that way.

And someone mentioned something about salary cap, in fantasy draft the salaries are all the same. each player in the 1st round has the same salary/years in contract.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Here's my theory. The cpu is keeping the salary cap in mind. Your team is gonna be stacked the first year but good luck signing players in the off-season. And you can't release them without taking a huge cap hit furthering your salary cap problems that's gonna happen in the off-season. You could keep those players but you will have 0 depth behind them and maybe not enough money to sign anybody essentially breaking your franchise team.
When you did a fantasy draft in the previous year the players' existing contracts in real life were torn up and they were given a contract based on their position in the fantasy draft.

I'm pretty sure your first picks are signed for atleast 4 seasons if not more, the guys at the very end of the draft are FAs at the end of the year.

Personally I would only get to maybe 2 Superbowls with a team before getting bored and wanting to draft a different team, plus all my players would be developed (Not using practice).

This year I know practice is gone and it can auto delegate the "preparation" so I assume CPU teams do it and should be better at developing their players this year.

Anyways I usually didn't have the salary cap on in fantasy draft because like I said I don't play long enough for my good players to hit FA and the other teams good players dont hit FA unless they change a coach and cut good players that dont fit their scheme so I just draft the players I want or trade if I really need to.

If I do my fantasy draft team with Watt-Megatron-Shady I will probably play 3 seasons max at which Megatron (28 now) will probably have started to regress but is already the best at everything and can be made even better so the cap probably doesn't matter to me one way or another.

After that I will probably eventually do a pure long term franchise and only go after the youngest players.

Also in last years game every draft class had a lot of terrible rookies at a lot of positions for example every corner in every draft other than Leon Sandcastle was way too slow and terrible.

I here this year every draft class is randomly generated so hopefully the rookies are like the real rookies in the game good athletes making them worth caring about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijourno18
I drafted team #2 with the mindset of building an unstoppable offense. I don't plan on playing with that roster, just wanted to run a test run to see what the CPU let fall into my hands. I basically have an all-pro O-line, the best WR in the league, the best TE in the game, followed by a very respectable run game. And, building qb's throwing attributes is once again very easy this year so it'd only take me a few weeks to build him up to an average starter. (I play on all madden difficulty for an fyi).
I shouldn't be able to get multiple superstars because the QB values Geno Smith over Adrian peterson. It's a glaring issue that Ea needs to fix. I'm not sure if they intended to put ANY QB at the top of the CPU's draft board, but it shouldn't be that way.

And someone mentioned something about salary cap, in fantasy draft the salaries are all the same. each player in the 1st round has the same salary/years in contract.
There's no debating that crappy QBs are being overdrafted by the CPU at the top of the draft when they should fall.

It makes sense that young franchise QBs like Wilson, Luck, Newton, and elite guys in their prime like Rodgers go in the 1st, and you can even make a sense for guys like Manning, Brees and Brady even though they might retire after 1 or 2 seasons, but now crappy guys like Alex Smith and Geno Smith are being overdrafted when they shouldnt.

In my testing of the fantasy draft I can get Watt, Megatron and Shady with the top 3 picks and Charles and AP are still there the next round.

Those first 3 picks go early in the 1st round using the same ratings on Madden 25.

However some players who went later last year now go earlier this year with the same or near the same rating.

Once I actually do my draft I will be able to tell more how it all plays out.

One thing about the QBs is the ones that go late have low "consistency" stat which probably does have a big overall impact on game play.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:47 PM   #13
Rookie

It's impossible to get a straight answer on if the RBS/RBF and PBS/PBF stats are used in the game or not but they included them and Robinson would be a turnstyle at LT (Unless you can actually upgrade those stats this year)

He has 80 PBS and like 63 PBF last time I checked, which is just awful.

But that offense would be very good, particularly human controlled, not as good with the CPU playing QB. Passing game would be very good even though the tackles aren't great (Mathis like Robinson is a guard and shouldnt be good at tackle regardless of whatever his stats are).

Murray is injury prone and Johnson is fast but not very good in the game. But obviously like you said if you;re drafting against 31 other CPU teams you should probably be able to put together a good team.

But it's not really a true test if you dont use any picks on D tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »