Home

Madden 10 is still the best.

This is a discussion on Madden 10 is still the best. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Madden 10 is still the best.

Terrific gameplay, tons of Legends, great passing and running game and defense is fun. The AI is also very smart.

Madden 10 > 15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 10 is still the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Terrific gameplay, tons of Legends, great passing and running game and defense is fun. The AI is also very smart.

Madden 10 > 15
Screen, swing passes and not being able to sack the QB without them throwing ruined it for me.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:

Madden 10 > 15
10 was decent. Nothing special, but was a huge step up from the trash that was Madden 09.

Havent played 15, so I cant say. In terms of functionality though, seems like almost any Madden is better, though.

12 was the best PS3/PS4/360/XOne Madden for me. If we are going back to earlier gens, there are definitely better Madden games.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #4
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Screen, swing passes and not being able to sack the QB without them throwing ruined it for me.
Oh my god dude....I remember playing Madden 10 and breaking a controller because of that. I even recall the exact occasion....I went for a sack on McNabb....James Harrison comes BEHIND McNabb on his blindside and hits him...

As soon as Harrison touches him, McNabb threw the ball two feet in front of him....no intentional grounding or anything. Just incomplete. He wasnt even in any type of throwing motion whatsoever when I hit him, so there was no excuse.

And the fact that I had been cheated out of sacks about 20 times before that brought my blood to a boil. I honestly think I quit the franchise I was playing because of that garbage.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #5
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I have a preference for '12 but wish I could take the halftime show,even if it's so-so,foot planting,NFL films music,and I like the roster a little better with many big name players retiring in '10 and '11.I do remember the annoyances that the other guys posted though.

I haven't played this years but have read things that concern me and last years had too many CFM issues so '10 may be my second favorite.I still have '10 around.

From looking up old threads it seems like when '12 just came out '10 may have had a bigger following but in recent years '12 seems like it picked up momentum as probably the favorite overall 360/ps3 version.

Last edited by gr18; 10-02-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
Oh my god dude....I remember playing Madden 10 and breaking a controller because of that. I even recall the exact occasion....I went for a sack on McNabb....James Harrison comes BEHIND McNabb on his blindside and hits him...

As soon as Harrison touches him, McNabb threw the ball two feet in front of him....no intentional grounding or anything. Just incomplete. He wasnt even in any type of throwing motion whatsoever when I hit him, so there was no excuse.

And the fact that I had been cheated out of sacks about 20 times before that brought my blood to a boil. I honestly think I quit the franchise I was playing because of that garbage.

HMM, i'm not having that happen, although I've adjusted my sliders a bit, and that's when sliders worked! lol. OF course I don't find plays to abuse anyway, but I'm not noticing the CPU doing it.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I have a preference for '12 but wish I could take the halftime show,even if it's so-so,foot planting,NFL films music,and I like the roster a little better with many big name players retiring in '10 and '11.I do remember the annoyances that the other guys posted though.

I haven't played this years but have read things that concern me and last years had too many CFM issues so '10 may be my second favorite.I still have '10 around.

From looking up old threads it seems like when '12 just came out '10 may have had a bigger following but in recent years '12 seems like it picked up momentum as probably the favorite overall 360/ps3 version.

I'm amazed what music can do for a game making it feel more like NFL, 10 and 11 had the NFL Films music and then it just disappeared. Then on 12, it started feeling more generic for me. It's one of the reasons why it's hard to like the other games, you need that epic feeling. Atmosphere was spot on in Madden 10, besides the terrible commentary of course.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'm amazed what music can do for a game making it feel more like NFL, 10 and 11 had the NFL Films music and then it just disappeared. Then on 12, it started feeling more generic for me. It's one of the reasons why it's hard to like the other games, you need that epic feeling. Atmosphere was spot on in Madden 10, besides the terrible commentary of course.
The NFL films music was awesome. Definitely was the best thing about M10. It really is a shame they removed it from the recent titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »