Home

Tackling glitch

This is a discussion on Tackling glitch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tackling glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I sure hope they plan to patch this game killer. The defender (I see it most often with safeties - yours or the CPU's) will take a good angle on the ball carrier but then just when contact should be made and the tackle animation triggered, they will stop, squat, and run off in a different direction. Thus allowing a lot of extra yardage and, in most cases, a score.

I used to think it only happened when near the sideline, but after watching some more replays, I see it happens all over the field. There are some games where it doesn't happen, others I will see it several times. I like to play using the no switch rule, but now I have to change it up or these kind of plays will go on unabated. Since I'm not used to switching, I often miss the tackle with my defender anyway, yielding the same result.

I hear EA says the sack issue is too complex to fix with a patch, but hopefully they can get their heads around this one. I reported it in the bug and glitch thread. I am a bit surprised I have not heard more talk of this problem on the forum.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
In "play now" games on All-Pro I have seen defenders that are running towards the sideline to catch a fast runner and just as they get there they stop right before the tackle or going out of bounds and watch the runner go by.

I have only noticed this at the sidelines and actually don't mind it, as in the past the defender would always push the runner out of bounds despite looking like they should be left in the dust, or if you tried to juke back into the field their "outside foot" would step out of bounds when you cut.

What I am seeing which is is pissing me off, especially because it seemed to first appear in last year's game and has not been fixed is defenders "teleporting" magically across the field to make a tackle or come close, floating over the field and through the other players in an instant.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:47 AM   #10
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanchamekGym
In "play now" games on All-Pro I have seen defenders that are running towards the sideline to catch a fast runner and just as they get there they stop right before the tackle or going out of bounds and watch the runner go by.

I have only noticed this at the sidelines and actually don't mind it, as in the past the defender would always push the runner out of bounds despite looking like they should be left in the dust, or if you tried to juke back into the field their "outside foot" would step out of bounds when you cut.

What I am seeing which is is pissing me off, especially because it seemed to first appear in last year's game and has not been fixed is defenders "teleporting" magically across the field to make a tackle or come close, floating over the field and through the other players in an instant.

I seen 1 of my players on a kickoff teleport probably 20 yards to make a tackle. He vanished then all of sudden appeared in time to lay a big hit on the Kick Returner. I was like WTF just happened. Its the only time I have seen it but it was definitely weird to see.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-16-2014, 04:07 AM   #11
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Which slider is RTK ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 04:46 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

roughing the kicker

this happens to me with my safeties especially near sideline. ill have to look up what i use
Old 10-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #13
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
roughing the kicker

this happens to me with my safeties especially near sideline. ill have to look up what i use
Thanks, i will try playing around with the slider and see if i get any positive results since now im getting 3-5 glitched tackle attempts per game .

Edit: just finished playing a game in my CFM after changing PCI to 50 and RTK to 60 and not a single glitched tackle attempt, im not saying this works based off what happened in one game but there definitely wasnt any glitched tackles in this game, will play some more and see what happens.

Last edited by lisinas; 10-16-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #14
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Just started playing second game with the slider changes and it happened in the first quarter again... eh.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #15
MVP

lisinas's Arena

Ok played 3 full games after changing PCI and RTK and i had one instance of glitched attempt at tackle so im pretty sure this actually works, i had my PCI at 50 and RTK at 60 which was suggested by tamburo22. What i noticed when playing is:
1.Instead of defenders playing like headhunters aka running at full speed to your ball carrier and then stopping for no reason when they are about to hit you they seem more conservative with their angles, what i saw is defenders taking "cautious" angles and making tackles instead of what was happening before slider change, i also saw a few new tackle animations but maybe it was just a coincidence. I didnt see too much change in overall gameplay (which is a good thing) other than having both Quarterbacks complete more than 70% of their passes in last game which is a rarity with my slider set but then again this could have been a coincidence and i need bigger game sample to actually see if those 2 sliders actually affect coverage or QB accuracy somehow (also keep in mind im on m25 not m15). All in all i wanna thank tamburo22 for his suggested slider changes to solve this problem cause this was really annoying me .

Just shows how broken madden is on some things, KR/PR interference and roughing the kicker sliders impacting gameplay in various ways that are in no way shape or form connected to actual slider names.

Last edited by lisinas; 10-19-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 12:01 PM   #16
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for the discussion and tip - I will use RTK at 60 as a base

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »