Home

I always bought Madden but this year ESPN looks awesome

This is a discussion on I always bought Madden but this year ESPN looks awesome within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2004, 09:11 PM   #25
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I always bought Madden but this year ESPN looks awesome

I thought Madden 2003 was easily the best game. It was better than Madden 2004 (except for Owner's Mode), so I switched to ESPN Football. I think I'm gonna switch back to Madden this year. Madden has always had the best replay value and the games in ESPN became redundant last year. There were supposed to be more animations in ESPN, but I saw the same thing over and over. For me, the best value is switching games from year to year. It gives playing football games a fresh start, but I always will give Madden more of a shot each year. It's hard to take ESPN over Madden because so many more people play it. It's a lot more popular.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 09:17 PM   #26
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I feel you on the popularity thing. With ESPN im often playing the computer because no one will play me in it cuz they so used to Madden. I loved ESPN's gameplay just hated the fact that like you said it did get redundant and I hated the QB animations while throwing. I wished the QB would turn his whole body during a throw and not just his torso. Believe it or not thats what killed the game for me last year. That one little animation. I know its knick picky but thats just how I am. Also the way the ball floated to much. Feel like playing with a football full of helium or something.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:25 PM   #27
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah. This may be ignorant on my part, but maybe VC should cut back the animation rate for QBs' throwing motion and giving it the look of faster motion. That's basically what they need to do is the throwing mode needs to be fast. That should cut down on the problem. I loved the wrapping but hated how it running backs never went down easy. This is supposedly going to be solved. But it needs to be seen and played before a verdict can be made. I think playmaker needs to be cut back a little on Madden and be used for more subtle things. EA may have fallen into trying to overpimp a new feature.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:10 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

Dagreat1 said:
You like Maddens Soundtrack? With ESPN Football on Xbox you can make your own soundtracks.

I only have a ps2 (should have bought a XBOX, cuz I only play sport games now)
But ESPN doesn't have those owner features Madden 04 had right?
Old 05-03-2004, 11:53 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

Dagreat1 said:
You like Maddens Soundtrack? With ESPN Football on Xbox you can make your own soundtracks.

You can do the same for Madden on the Xbox.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:02 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 18

if your into football videogames...you should give espn a try

if your into madden...thats your choice...and nobody should tell you otherwise
Old 05-04-2004, 12:57 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

im getting madden but espn does look impressive .........i will get espn only if they fix those ugly running animations and speed up the gameplay...........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2004, 04:28 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

Its funny. Since, 9/9/99 I have brought at least 3 football games EA NCAA, Madden, and ESPN/2k. I brought both sega college football games also. Last year I brought Fever but I eventually traded Fever at Gamestop. I dont have any problems switching between games. My boys only play Madden and wont even play NCAA ( da best football game IMO) I tell my friends that I am the king of all football games because i play the big three.

I always wanted to have Madden/NCAA/ESPN tourney but few folks play all three. I think NCAA will be the best this year and Madden and ESPN will fight for 2nd place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »