Home

NEW MADDEN PREVIEW!

This is a discussion on NEW MADDEN PREVIEW! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2004, 11:07 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NEW MADDEN PREVIEW!

Call me a pessimist, but I am generally negative and stressed prior to the release of a game.. The more "touted" features, the more possibilities for screw-ups, bugs, and glitches..

The preview looks good, and the features sound nice.

My worries (hopefully un-founded):

[*]Coach comments don't get repetetive.[*] Player morale is done right, and it doesn't kill the franchise mode.[*] Bruno's comments getting repetetive.[*] Moderation. The new feautres and all the bells and whistles are great, but I hope EA also improved gameplay and the "basics."[/list]
    I always over-hype games, and I always get a little bummed when the games don't live up to the hype.

I'm trying to work on that, and as a result have become a little pessimistic.

Madden is looking great. I just hope they did the extra pre-release testing to account for all these new bells and whistles.

If the game is "solid," and has all these features working seemlessly, it will be an amazing game. The important part is achieving that.

Of EA Sports' games, Madden is the most popular and arguably the most solid, so I think there is certainly a lot to be excited about. Hopefully, it all comes together smoothly and all the new features integrate well and don't appear as being tacked on.

Also, one last question.. Does anyone think the players are a little too muscular in these screenshots, or no? It seems the players may be going a little towards the physiques of those in NFL Street, but maybe it's just me.

Take care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2004, 11:10 PM   #42
Rookie

squaremarker's Arena

OVR: 4

Videos look exactly like last years version and move exactly like last year version. EA really needs to get less robotic movements out there. It is rather sickening they haven't added anything to make there players run normally instead of robotically. Have fun not breaking any tackles this year again guys
Old 05-06-2004, 11:11 PM   #43
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

These were all PS2 screens over at Ign right?
Old 05-06-2004, 11:13 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 16

yeah, i wish we had some xbox vids.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:17 PM   #45
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

squaremarker said:
Videos look exactly like last years version and move exactly like last year version.

Yes and no. The gameplay looks the same, but the motion seems more fluid. But, that's where Madden has lost me over the last few years: gameplay. So I'm not blowing my wad over this preview like everyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2004, 11:17 PM   #46
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

squaremarker- You think Madden players run Robotic, your nuts they run alot more fluid then all the other football games out there.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:19 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 18

yes...their running is the best...but the row boat turning is not pleasant to look at
Old 05-06-2004, 11:21 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 16

I have to disagree with the robotic movement, madden has the best running/movement fluid animations with no hesitations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »