Home

Interesting list from MaddenWishlist.com

This is a discussion on Interesting list from MaddenWishlist.com within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2004, 10:51 AM   #9
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Interesting list from MaddenWishlist.com

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
For those worried about the 20 yard drop backs.

1. At E3 is was on pro
2. At E3 even though the peopl eare dropping back the protction is there for them to be up in the pocket for the most part but they just chose to run back.
3. Look at the second IGN video and look how they stand in the pocket.

exactly .......i hope people are reading the E3 impressions from the OS-staff as well as their comments/opinions.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:33 PM   #10
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

cpu will initiate trades this season and even try to trade up in the draft. Speaking of the draft, there will be a ticker down at the bottom along with audio announcements of each pick in the draft.

Sweet!
Old 05-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:

1. At E3 is was on pro
2. At E3 even though the peopl eare dropping back the protction is there for them to be up in the pocket for the most part but they just chose to run back.

If a human controlled QB can drop back 20 yards all the time then it hasnt been fixed. I want it to be where i can't drop back that far if i wanted to, I should get sacked if i try. From what i've seen and heard that problem is still there and has been for years.

But kudos to EA for addressing the other issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2004, 03:29 PM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:

1. At E3 is was on pro

It's a shame they default the e3 games to pro. They know the hardcore players aren't using that level and those are the ones that are at e3. There's no way of telling if that's the issue until someone can play the game on a higher level.

However, you're kind of missing the issue by saying they're dropping back b/c they choose to. That IS the problem. I mentioned before that my problem with madden (and most ea games) is that you can force yourself to play in a way to make the game very realistic but you have to ignore stuff like this that makes it more fun for casual gamers. When I played madden 2004 I tried to let the cpu drop for me so I'd stay in the pocket but then they'd pass for me too which isn't good. This forces you to judge the drop back and with no penalty for dropping back 20 yards people just drop back until they see someone open which isn't realistic.

It's along the lines of saying if you don't zig zag the stick quickly back and forth while running in espn2k4 then the running game is very realistic. This is true but the problem is people that want only to WIN will use every AI glitch to their advantage so it's a MUST that things like this and the qb drop back aren't allowable. People need to be FORCED to stay in the pocket. If an NFL qb could buy time without losing distance and accuracy by dropping back 20 yards you can bet your [censored] he would.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:58 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

The solution to the drop back problem should not be *preventing* players from dropping back like that. There's a reason why this technique doesn't work in the NFL -- namely, that DE's and DT's are actually quite fast, and would get to the QB in a very short amount of time if he did that, and secondly, it makes the distance to throw the ball much farther, and hence the pass much less accurate. If those two elements were correctly programmed into the game, dropping back 15-20 yards wouldn't be a problem, because it would get you killed.

In other words, EA shouldn't put a virtual wall up 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage -- it sounds like that's what some of you want. Rather, they should just include the realistic elements that make such "techniques" unsuccessful.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:57 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

spin16 said:
The solution to the drop back problem should not be *preventing* players from dropping back like that. There's a reason why this technique doesn't work in the NFL -- namely, that DE's and DT's are actually quite fast, and would get to the QB in a very short amount of time if he did that, and secondly, it makes the distance to throw the ball much farther, and hence the pass much less accurate. If those two elements were correctly programmed into the game, dropping back 15-20 yards wouldn't be a problem, because it would get you killed.

In other words, EA shouldn't put a virtual wall up 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage -- it sounds like that's what some of you want. Rather, they should just include the realistic elements that make such "techniques" unsuccessful.

That's not what he's saying at all. The "prevention" he wants comes about as a result of the game playing out realistically as you described with the Qb getting killed by the defense/errant throws, etc.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:03 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

wwharton said:
It's along the lines of saying if you don't zig zag the stick quickly back and forth while running in espn2k4 then the running game is very realistic. This is true but the problem is people that want only to WIN will use every AI glitch to their advantage so it's a MUST that things like this...aren't allowable.

... That's why my idea needed to be one of the three they picked for the contest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2004, 04:52 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

spin16 said:

The reason why the 20 yard dropback isnt done in real life is because of the offensive linemen. O linemen are trained to block base on a 3, 5, and 7 steps drop. If the O line block for a 3 step and the qb takes a 5 step drop, the qb will have instant pressure. I think passing plays should indicate 3,5,7 step drops. If someone dropback 20 yards then the qb should get instant pressure

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »