Home

We Are Our Own Worst Enemy . . .

This is a discussion on We Are Our Own Worst Enemy . . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2004, 02:09 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: We Are Our Own Worst Enemy . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
People need to understand it's a VIDEOGAME.
That is right, it is. Does that mean that I should lower my standards? Its like paying for a $40 steak and then having the waiter bring out a McDonalds Hamburger. Sure it's only a dinner but you might find yourself getting a little aggravated.

Also the quote above seems a little strange in a forum devoted toward videogaming. I consider sports videogaming an enjoyable hobby, as such I take it seriously (to the extent that one can take a hobby seriously). No, it is not politics or religion etc.. (and therein lays the fun). It is not a major issue. However, because I get alot of enjoyment out of a game done right I look forward to games that claim to be great. On occasion a "great" game will disappoint. Pointing out a failure in a game and where it needs improvement is part of the hobby. Hell, according to EA's latest message about the quicksand glitch, EA is relying on us to point out the flaws so that they can continue making Madden the great game that it is (sad thing is that EA is not paying us to do this).
Old 09-03-2004, 03:27 AM   #10
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
That is right, it is. Does that mean that I should lower my standards? Its like paying for a $40 steak and then having the waiter bring out a McDonalds Hamburger. Sure it's only a dinner but you might find yourself getting a little aggravated.

Also the quote above seems a little strange in a forum devoted toward videogaming. I consider sports videogaming an enjoyable hobby, as such I take it seriously (to the extent that one can take a hobby seriously). No, it is not politics or religion etc.. (and therein lays the fun). It is not a major issue. However, because I get alot of enjoyment out of a game done right I look forward to games that claim to be great. On occasion a "great" game will disappoint. Pointing out a failure in a game and where it needs improvement is part of the hobby. Hell, according to EA's latest message about the quicksand glitch, EA is relying on us to point out the flaws so that they can continue making Madden the great game that it is (sad thing is that EA is not paying us to do this).
I'm not sure you got my point. I have no problem people pointing out big flaws like poor DB AI or Pin Point Accuracy from every QB, what I have a problem with is people complaining about things like wrong jersey numbers, wrong wrist bands, etc... And then saying how it's a BIG problem.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:02 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

In the past 4 years these games been getting better and better becuase we complain about the smallest detail. The internet has made customer feedback and response so much better. We all now that all games will have flaws but the more we complain the better the game get. So, enjoy your game and let the hardcore anal types post and next year, you will have a better game.

PS
When you spend 50, you can complain about whatever you want. Most of us have jobs and families but we should expect a solid product. Some of these flaws are major.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2004, 06:02 AM   #12
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

i remember when i played world series baseball in genesis. thinking back, this game had like 5 million glitches and every year the gane came out the same glitches were there. same with madden way back when, thing is i didnt know any better, i just accepted the game for what it was, a game, now when i see something i look on these bopards and by the time i see it, theres a thread with like 10 pages already discussing it. I guess i too am guilty of not looking at it completely like its just a game anymore. I cant really explain why though im not sure at which point or what game i exactly went wrong. if i had to guess it would have been sometime around the release of the baseball titles in 2002.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:49 AM   #13
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

When did video games reach the point where their developers supposedly became "perfect?" I've been playing madden since 94 for SNES. Every year a new version came out that improved on the previous one. Do they have flaws? Yes. Do I still enjoy them? Yes.

Comparing video games to other industries doesn't fly because they are something that is constantly evolving. With new technology and new methods developers are able to introduce new features and improvements. The inherent nature of it is to have flaws, because it is NEW. On the other hand, a steak is a steak.

If you have the CE go back and play some of the older versions. Even as recent as 1999 you'll realize how much progress has been made.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:30 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

It would be nice if OS could create separate sections for each game (like they've done for rosters, sliders, etc.) that was devoted entirely to griping, bugs, glitches, complaints, etc., etc.

That way you could avoid all of the negative stuff if you wanted to, but still use the rest of the forum for tips, strategies, and other helpful discussions about the games.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #15
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
I'm not sure you got my point. I have no problem people pointing out big flaws like poor DB AI or Pin Point Accuracy from every QB, what I have a problem with is people complaining about things like wrong jersey numbers, wrong wrist bands, etc... And then saying how it's a BIG problem.
Here's a big one. Stadium lights shouldnt be on in the day time. My games going back. lol. Yeah man, I've heard some silly stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2004, 12:47 PM   #16
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Squish
It would be nice if OS could create separate sections for each game (like they've done for rosters, sliders, etc.) that was devoted entirely to griping, bugs, glitches, complaints, etc., etc.

That way you could avoid all of the negative stuff if you wanted to, but still use the rest of the forum for tips, strategies, and other helpful discussions about the games.
Considering 1/2 the threads on this board right now have to deal with this stuff i would have to agree. However, I pity the mod who's responsible for monitoring it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »