Home

Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up?

This is a discussion on Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Ravens32
Have to argee with you there permanent1 about his speed. I don't think it's his speed rating that needs the increase, they should increase his acceleration becuase he reaches his top speed fast. Would say Micheal Vick is 81 to 85 tops.
85 speed? no. this guy is MUCH faster than every linebacker in football. I have seen this guy in practice and in the real game (obviously) and he can EASILY run with some of the fastest corners in the game. I have him at 98 ACC 94 SPD and 90 AGI
Old 09-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
I boosted Vick to an 84 before starting my franchise, upped his passing accuracy across the board and touched up his awareness.
Same here, in order for him to be a 85-90 he's gonna need at least three consecutive performances like the lions game before I go higher than an 84. I don't think that is gonna happen because the Eagles o line is in shambles right now. If you don't adjust his deep accuracy, he will overthrow wide open receivers.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 09-22-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

yes,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
85 speed? no. this guy is MUCH faster than every linebacker in football. I have seen this guy in practice and in the real game (obviously) and he can EASILY run with some of the fastest corners in the game. I have him at 98 ACC 94 SPD and 90 AGI
I agree and I'm not a Philly fan. Vick is still young and has never blown an acl. He has had a couple ankle issues in college against Miami and against the Ravens the year he was on the cover of Madden 2004. Other than that from the game "I" saw this dude doesn't look any slower. He looks like he is thinking more, but other than that I bet he still runs a 4.2. Darell Green and Deion Sanders where clocked in 4.3 well after retiring and they left the game almost at 40. Vick speed ratings and etc. should not have changed in the least. My 3bitz...
Old 09-23-2010, 05:07 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
Sorry it should of said "Would say Micheal Vick is 81 to 85 overall tops".
Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

As a Packers fan and watching the best team in the NFL I have to say Vick is scary! a 91 overall after a game and a half from what like 78 hes rated is laupable though. Speed should go up to low 90s and overall should prob be low 80s for now.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:31 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMove7
As a Packers fan and watching the best team in the NFL I have to say Vick is scary! a 91 overall after a game and a half from what like 78 hes rated is laupable though. Speed should go up to low 90s and overall should prob be low 80s for now.
Well after Detroit I think all of the questions have been answered he is an elite quarterback (or at least he has the skill set of one) he has superior arm strenght and scary speed I see no problem with him rated about an 87, the real problem is the whole Tony Romo vs Donovan McNabb crap. Why the heck is Donovan McNabb an 89 and this guy Romo EASILY being one of the most overrated quarterbacks in NFL HISTORY makes me sick.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Let's not get crazy, guys... Yes, Vick had a great game last week. For his career, before he was suspended, he was never a good passing quarterback.

Should his runnign stats be good? Absolutely, he's arguably the best running QB of all time. So his spd (I would contend its 89-91 these days, very fast, but not as fast as he was when he was younger), agi, accel, ellu, should all be tops of the list for QB's.

His passer ratings do not need any upgrading... 1 game does not a career make. This is a guy who has never thrown for 3,000 yards in a season... He's never thrown more than 20 TD's. Even if you add his career PYpg(136.9) and RYpg(46.5) together, he isn't AVERAGING 200 yards per game. His career completion percentage is 54... I mean, John Kitna is a better QB in terms of creating total yards and TD's... (211.6 PYpg, 59.8 comp%, and several years of 20+ TD's)

The point is, people like Vick as a QB for what COULD be, not for what IS. Yeah, in a given game he can rip you up, but he is not an upper echelon NFL quartback. In his BEST season, his total YPG average was 219.5.... Good for just 10th in the league among QB's. His 20 passing TD's were good enough for another 10th place finish... He scored just 2 rushing TD's despite his phenomenal running season.

Guys, that was his BEST year and he was only the 10th best quarterback in the league. If he put those numbers up last year, he would have finished 19th in total yards per game and been tied for 18th in passing td's. his completion percentage has been and would still be among the worst in the league.

This man is NOT an elite QB, he is justa very talented one. His overall rating should be no better than a 78-81 with great running stats and below league average passing accuracy stats.

Last edited by nails144; 09-25-2010 at 12:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »