Home

How to convert M13-M16 rosters to different years.

This is a discussion on How to convert M13-M16 rosters to different years. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 02:09 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: How to convert M13-M16 rosters to different years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
Good stuff. I did the same thing with a M12 roster that I ported to M15. But that was just so I could export individual players to another M15 roster.
Man you have no idea, how happy I am that I was able to accomplish this. I remember siming through Madden 08 just kinda "career-tracking" because I wasn't able to cpu vs cpu on the ps3. So it's cool to finally see the players on field especially on an newer/updated engine.

I'm actually planning on trying to see if I can get these to work in the franchise mode. I need to delete a few real-life star players, and edit some of the rookie contracts since many of them are huge.

I noticed there's a draft tab in the Madden editor. Does that mean we can edit a draft class? There was also a "fix draft" option. If that means what I think that means, I should be able to import a class from my NCAA 08 game and convert that for M12, and import that into the franchise.

Also, it's a little nitpick thing, but is there a way for the correct OVR to show up without having to edit the players?

I fixed minor things like equipment only thing I need to do now it to fix/adjust QB accuracy ratings.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Man you have no idea, how happy I am that I was able to accomplish this. I remember siming through Madden 08 just kinda "career-tracking" because I wasn't able to cpu vs cpu on the ps3. So it's cool to finally see the players on field especially on an newer/updated engine.

I'm actually planning on trying to see if I can get these to work in the franchise mode. I need to delete a few real-life star players, and edit some of the rookie contracts since many of them are huge.

I noticed there's a draft tab in the Madden editor. Does that mean we can edit a draft class? There was also a "fix draft" option. If that means what I think that means, I should be able to import a class from my NCAA 08 game and convert that for M12, and import that into the franchise.

Also, it's a little nitpick thing, but is there a way for the correct OVR to show up without having to edit the players?

I fixed minor things like equipment only thing I need to do now it to fix/adjust QB accuracy ratings.
Excited to see if this gets released!
Old 10-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhtacinm
Excited to see if this gets released!
It's not an real roster from Madden 08. It's kinda of a fantasy type roster, filled with imported/generated players from my franchise mode. But if you guys are interested in it, I'll be more than glad to release it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 05:17 AM   #12
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock

I haven't messed with the draft stuff in the editor. You would probably need to check Xanathol's thread for an answer.

I correct the overalls in game by going to edit player and immediately backing out without even going to the ratings screen. There isn't a quick fix button in the editor because of the different ratings categories for different versions of Madden. For instance the QB's with zeros for stats on Short, Medium and Deep Accuracy would have a completely different overall on M07 than they would on M12 because those categories didn't exist at the time.

M17 also has a different algorithm for calculating overalls than past Madden games. The only way I can think to add accurate overalls in the editor would be to pull up the depth charts screen in game and input those ratings into the editor since that screen shows the true overall.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
I haven't messed with the draft stuff in the editor. You would probably need to check Xanathol's thread for an answer.

I correct the overalls in game by going to edit player and immediately backing out without even going to the ratings screen. There isn't a quick fix button in the editor because of the different ratings categories for different versions of Madden. For instance the QB's with zeros for stats on Short, Medium and Deep Accuracy would have a completely different overall on M07 than they would on M12 because those categories didn't exist at the time.

M17 also has a different algorithm for calculating overalls than past Madden games. The only way I can think to add accurate overalls in the editor would be to pull up the depth charts screen in game and input those ratings into the editor since that screen shows the true overall.
Thanks, and once again thank you so much for your guide on rating the quarterbacks accuracy, it will literally my final piece for these rosters.

I'm going to actually go though every single player and make sure their equipment is good, then finish up the quarterbacks, and remove star real-life players from teams and eventually delete them.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:45 PM   #14
MVP

I tested a few things to confirm some of my theories etc. I was able to open start a franchise without any issues, just need to finish my edits and contracts. Also, you can edit/import/export draft classes once their loaded in a franchise file. So, I'll be able to edit the draft classes I load in my madden 08 franchise mode into madden 12.

Also, about the ratings I was talking about before, I discovered that the madden 12 editor actually shows how the ratings will look in M12. The *ovr column. I'll do that with the draft classes, but do the edit method for the rosters.

Last edited by Brock; 10-18-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:16 AM   #15
Rookie

Bump for 11/2018

The Schwami
Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience often comes from bad judgment.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »