Home

Hydrostar's All-Pro Coach Sliders

This is a discussion on Hydrostar's All-Pro Coach Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2005, 02:07 AM   #65
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Hydrostar's All-Pro Coach Sliders

I wish I could see just whats going on with those high sack numbers best solution for that looking at it in a logical sense would be to raise the blocking somehow for the o-line blocking schemes and see what results you get from that as far as pancakes I'd think that its something having to do with what eles but blocking...try it and see what happens I'd suggest raising it to about 7 or 8 because you guys are seeing too many of those sacks.

Now the pancakes I don't know for sure but maybe their suppose to happen theres a difference between a pancake and just overly aggressive blocking, to counter that I'd raise the break block but I'm not experiencing those kinds of issues some pancakes happen thats why they're called pancakes but not like you guys are seeing it just sounds like the blocking is just too over powering and I find that hard to believe set at 8 for pass blocking and 5 for run blocking those are some low settings below the defaults even and the defensive sliders are even lower.

But try tweaking with the suggestions I've mentioned and see what looks and feels about right in your best estimate you guys do watch real Football so you're your own best judge on what does and doesn't looks right for a Football game simulating realisim.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 02:21 AM   #66
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker333
Just played a coach mode game with these sliders, Vikings at Bengals, Bengals win 29-19. I saw results similar to edubbz' with pancakes and sacks.

The odd score comes mainly from me getting a safety in the first quarter. After a punt pinned Minnesota on their 5, they ran play-action and I got to Culpepper in the end zone. Bengals sacked Culpepper 7 times in the game, and I never saw him scramble except on two plays that were designed runs. He tried to tuck and run once or twice I think but my pass rush got to him about a second later. I was typically sending 5, when I sent 4 on a few plays he had good protection and torched me through the air on those, so I stuck to a 5-man rush. The sack total was pretty high, especially compared to my side- the Vikings never got to Palmer, and he had all day to throw the ball on several occasions. The CPU did play a lot of dime packages, though.

The other thing I noticed is there were still a lot of pancakes. Levi Jones and Willie Anderson at left and right tackle had 11 pancakes apiece. The Vikings' top pancaker had 9.

Plays per team- Minnesota 61, Cincinnati 68.

Everything else was nice, I got very realistic results with the running and passing games, and besides lots of sacks and pancake inflation I didn't really notice any other quirks.

Thats a pretty high score what quarters did you "Coach" on and did you use the Acc Clock feature and sub settings posted for games coached?

Coach sliders are usually stategy based meaning clock managment and different on field adjustments sometime offset and fool the defense or offense into commiting to something other then what they would have expected its called stategy and features are available such as different looks and formation looks.

I posted on what to look for and why, its simple generate the right number of plays as I posted because those numbers are out of hand and you should have seen no more then maybe 120 plays total for both teams which breaks down to realistic numbers and score there are only so many numbers of plays generated in a real life Football game and its very,very rare to see a score that high even in the College game and there scoring is a way more wide open then their NFL big brother.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Old 08-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Got any stats on the game and how did Edge do running wise?

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
i believe edge got like 50 yards rushing but they didnt hand it off to him that much.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

How do you play a Coach game? You just call the play and let the players take over?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
How do you play a Coach game? You just call the play and let the players take over?
there is an actual coach mode in madden. go to options and under gameplay it should say coach mode. it is a lot better in madden than NCAA.

BTW I just tied the Jets 31-31 in Overtime. My kicker missed the field goal in overtime. I was pissed. These are really good.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Thats a pretty high score what quarters did you "Coach" on and did you use the Acc Clock feature and sub settings posted for games coached?

Coach sliders are usually stategy based meaning clock managment and different on field adjustments sometime offset and fool the defense or offense into commiting to something other then what they would have expected its called stategy and features are available such as different looks and formation looks.

I posted on what to look for and why, its simple generate the right number of plays as I posted because those numbers are out of hand and you should have seen no more then maybe 120 plays total for both teams which breaks down to realistic numbers and score there are only so many numbers of plays generated in a real life Football game and its very,very rare to see a score that high even in the College game and there scoring is a way more wide open then their NFL big brother.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Are you looking at my play total and thinking that's the score? The score I had was 29-19, which isn't low, but is far from wide open I think, lol.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:12 PM   #71
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker333
Are you looking at my play total and thinking that's the score? The score I had was 29-19, which is far from wide open I think, lol.
You might be right my bad I've been looking at a lot of stats lately and may have gotten them confused,but what I wanted to announce here was that I've started my own thread for Coachs and plan on answering and fielding questions over there as much a possible as to let Hydrostar reply in his own thread which is this one.

I'm trying to get as much in here but feel he should actually be responding to questions concerning his sliders as he is their original designer and I'm only trying to assist so in doing so I thought I'd be better off answering questions you guys ask in a Coachs thread so more details and solutions can be addressed and resolved via my own observations and gameplay comments relating to Coaching and Watching game via this style of play.

So there you have it guys a thread to perhaps help and assist guys who are into the Coaching and Viewing aspects of the game with a mature theme focused on gameplay for mature guys who simply want to Coach and View good game by going over and talking stategys and gameplay pointers.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2005, 02:23 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hydro,

I finally got around to playing a game w/ your sliders. I used 1.3, 13 min accell qtr's, your penalty settings.........the EXACT settings you posted.

I was in my Falcon franchise vs. the Vikings

I won 29-10. Vick is out, and Schaub is tearing it up, he went 15-23, 260 yds 1 td 0 int. I didn't sack Dante like some other did, but I kept him from running too much, I had Demorio Williams spy him pretty much all game. I don't remember Culpeppers numbers (I wrote stats down, but forgot to bring them to work, sorry), but he was over 50% passing.

Duckett 15-39
Dunn 3-7

Bennett 19-60

I was also missing D. Hall, P. Kerney in addition to Vick.......so I was surprised to blow Minn. out like that. It was the easiest game of the season so far.

I also played a couple of play now games w/ your sliders.

I need some more testing, but so far, the running stats look pretty good, but I'm not sure the running game "feels" right. I may be in the camp that says to hell with the pancakes. I'd rather have the smooth gameplay. Also, I thought Schaub was a little too effective.

I think you're settings are a GREAT starting point, and I'll probabley end up basing how I play on your settings, I'm just giving you feedback as best I can.....so don't take this as me ragging you.

Good job, and thanks for a) putting in the hard work, and b) sharing with us!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »