Home

***Tomba321's Madden 08 Slider Set***(PRO)

This is a discussion on ***Tomba321's Madden 08 Slider Set***(PRO) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
***Tomba321's Madden 08 Slider Set***(PRO) Updated 8/28

This is a slider set I've discovered works under a 5/6 min quarter time allowing realistic scores/percentages and or yardage.

Usually NO recent/normal NFL game really goes over say 50 points. And usually passing and rushing yardage is something like 350/150 on average. With that in mind and with some over shoots for your own play skill that would maybe increase the yardage this slider set gets those more realistic game day results.

This has been made for those with a conservative(pick a play and execute)style of play like I think a coach wants per game (again based off realistic play calling). No long bombs past 35 yards, no 4th and 25 Long stuff and no crazy blitzing(real players would get tired of that wouldn't they?)

So, here ya have it!

(5/6 Min Quarters)

USER/CPU

QB Acc------------95/95 (Allows right amount of completions)
PASS Block --------100/100 (Allows less INT's)
WR Catch----------75/75 (Allows the receivers to hang on to the ball)
RB Ability ----------65/65 (Allows more yardage on runs and less fumbles)
RUN Block----------85/80 (Allows less fumbles)

Aware --------------0/0 (Less aggressive Defense, allowing less fumbles)
Knock---------------100/0 (Allows more user pressed INT's)
Int------------------0/0 (Allows for a better passing game)
Break--------------- 0/0 (Less aggressive Defense)
Tackle---------------85/0 (Less fumbles but better nonuser coverage)

Last edited by Tomba; 08-28-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: ***Tomba321's Madden 08 Slider Set***(PRO)

Overall I'm liking these, but the running game seems a little too effective. I've been using Dal. v Wash in practice mode, and Julius Jones is routinely ripping off long runs where he drags 2 or 3 defenders 5-10 yards. I can scarcely imagine what it would be like with LT or LJ.

Maybe the cpu tackling should be bumped up a bit, say 25-35?

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-26-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #3
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ***Tomba321's Madden 08 Slider Set***(PRO) Updated 8/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
This is a slider set I've discovered works under a 5/6 min quarter time allowing realistic scores/percentages and or yardage.

Usually NO recent/normal NFL game really goes over say 50 points. And usually passing and rushing yardage is something like 350/150 on average. With that in mind and with some over shoots for your own play skill that would maybe increase the yardage this slider set gets those more realistic game day results.

This has been made for those with a conservative(pick a play and execute)style of play like I think a coach wants per game (again based off realistic play calling). No long bombs past 35 yards, no 4th and 25 Long stuff and no crazy blitzing(real players would get tired of that wouldn't they?)

So, here ya have it!

(5/6 Min Quarters)

USER/CPU

QB Acc------------75/95 (Allows right amount of completions)
WR Catch----------75/65 (Allows the receivers to hang on to the ball)
RUN Block----------100/80 (Allows less fumbles)

Can't wait to try these. I've been using many a pro slider set and just can't seem to get the right feel. Its either a score fest or all defense. Hoping these work. I like the way they look. Will let you know how it goes.

Also on a side note. Tomba321, what are you changing and fixing in your NCAA 08 patch that you've been working on. I saw the screen shots but wasn't really sure what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:15 PM   #4
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Can't wait to try these. I've been using many a pro slider set and just can't seem to get the right feel. Its either a score fest or all defense. Hoping these work. I like the way they look. Will let you know how it goes.

Also on a side note. Tomba321, what are you changing and fixing in your NCAA 08 patch that you've been working on. I saw the screen shots but wasn't really sure what I was looking for. Thanks.

I am working on NCAA 08 overall player looks and equip. trying to make the game look more realistic. As well as developing a very good well rounded playing game by changing individual positions ratings to get INT down and anything else finnicky with it. madden to me is more arcadey and i prefer that way but NCAA 08 is really a great sim once you play with my patch edit for 360
Old 08-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Overall I'm liking these, but the running game seems a little too effective. I've been using Dal. v Wash in practice mode, and Julius Jones is routinely ripping off long runs where he drags 2 or 3 defenders 5-10 yards. I can scarcely imagine what it would be like with LT or LJ.

Maybe the cpu tackling should be bumped up a bit, say 25-35?
Bumping up the cpu tackling MIGHT do it but for me i found the defense play well against these sets. reason being to much tackling power and PRESTO...FUMBLES.

I would maybe just suggest lowering your(i mean user) running ability by 10 ONLY. Anything more and their defense which is already low will still come up to speed with you...

Thanks for trying em' out. i worked a lot of games before I posted these to make sure they would work for you guys. thankful they work LOL.

(now EA where's this permanent patch?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Falcons (me) 30 vs. Saints (cpu) 10

Very fun game. Some quick notes.

-Brees tore me up. It felt realistic though. He did throw 2 picks but it came at the end of the game when they were down and both were ligit. I had 0 picks.

-Running was to easy for me. Lots of broken tackles. Maybe upping the cpu tak slider will help. There running game was below avg. Only 1 fumble all game. That was cool.

Other then that by far the best game i've played so far. Will play more and give feed back.

Looking forward to NCAA Patch.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321

So, here ya have it!

(5/6 Min Quarters)

USER/CPU

QB Acc------------75/95 (Allows right amount of completions)
WR Catch----------75/65 (Allows the receivers to hang on to the ball)
RUN Block----------100/80 (Allows less fumbles)

How does run block and def awareness effect the amount of fumbles?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:10 PM   #8
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
How does run block and def awareness effect the amount of fumbles?
In my observation I found that the run blocking if NOT high caused the defense to get to you easy and hard. causing either a big hit etc and then causing fumbles/turnovers to freq. The defensive awareness again is something that needs to be set low for the majority of AI issues with the game as far as catch-up and overall toughness.

I've combatted all the sliders against each other so that one reflects the other and causes a specific result.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »