Home

New Adaptable AI slider feature

This is a discussion on New Adaptable AI slider feature within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Adaptable AI slider feature

I'm thinking, in theory, that the longer you play, the more the game will be challenging on both sides of the ball. That is if this thing is as adaptable as it is made out to be.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDoctor
I'm thinking, in theory, that the longer you play, the more the game will be challenging on both sides of the ball. That is if this thing is as adaptable as it is made out to be.
I was thinking of that myself earlier today. I really think that it's going to come down to how the system is set up. Either it takes each game individually and makes adjustments based solely on your performance in that one game that affect the next game (I really hope it isn't done this way), or it factors in your performance in your last game with your average overall performance to kind of balance it out over the long run (would be pretty sweet but somehow I don't expect it to be this complex). If anyone has a definite answer, or if it has been outlined by one of the devs in a previous post, I'd really like to know.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Honestly, IMO, the whole Madden AI feature doesn't work correctly quite yet. I know this is the first year it was implemented, so I'm guessing they'll improve on it in later versions.

I've had the game since last Friday so I've played a fair amount of games. Basically it adjusts your "skill setting" on the last game you played, rather then a span of games, from what I can tell at least. It kind of sucks because one game I might lose to a good team. Maybe I'm playing the Patriots or Cowboys or whoever. Because I lost they make my next game to easy. Kind of frustrating.

I'm just sticking to sliders again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 06:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by takerbob614
Honestly, IMO, the whole Madden AI feature doesn't work correctly quite yet. I know this is the first year it was implemented, so I'm guessing they'll improve on it in later versions.

I've had the game since last Friday so I've played a fair amount of games. Basically it adjusts your "skill setting" on the last game you played, rather then a span of games, from what I can tell at least. It kind of sucks because one game I might lose to a good team. Maybe I'm playing the Patriots or Cowboys or whoever. Because I lost they make my next game to easy. Kind of frustrating.

Damn that's what I was afraid of, having the size of the difficulty adjustment based off of stats from one game, regardless of your averages and how large of a sample set you have. At that point it's almost like I would have to be committed to trying to put up stats in certain areas just so that my next wouldn't be too easy in that area. Ah well, I'm still having alot of fun with this game so it's not the end of the world. Probably just find a good set of sliders to run with from this board like I usually do.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

I hear ya, this was my initial issue with the Madden IQ - however, the IQ doesn't move alot in a game so I think after your base is determined, say after 20 or so games, you should be good to go in franchise. I don't think it will make drastic changes game to game to where you would see a noticable 'cheat' either for you or against you. I doubt that say, one game you give up a boatload of rushing yards to Houston, the next game you aren't going to just shut down San Diego. I guess the issue is though, after 10 games of getting run over with the the same team, will your rushing defense improve to the point that you are the '85 Bears?

Ian, if you see this, could you give a little info on how this works, especially the max changes in the IQ game to game? The most I have seen it move is one notch in either direction.

Obviously I have only had the game for one night and I moved my settings all over the place to try different things, but I might go back to my skill and see if I'm right. I also like how it continues to calculate when you aren't using the My Skill sliders.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

See the problem I've seen with the Madden IQ feature, granted I haven't played quite as many as 20 games yet (probably 10ish so far), is exactly what previous posters are saying could happen.

For example, I played Ravens (me) vs. Browns. I absolutely shut down Jamal Lewis and the running game. Derek Anderson on the other hand, torched my secondary. I think he ended up with around 275 YDS passing and a few scored. That's fine, it was a fun game.

So next game I play the Colts (this is in Play Now, not franchise), as the Ravens. Because I sucked it up last game, even though my IQ "skill bar", whatever it's called, didn't really move down in Pass Defense, I shut down Peyton Manning. I think I picked him off 4 times, 2 for TDs. On the other hand, Joesph Addai ran all over my team.

In a way it's becoming too predictable. I know if I shut down the passing game last game, then the next game their going to light me up through the air. Likewise for the ground game.

I'm just going to stick to custom sliders for now.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #15
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
See the problem I've seen with the Madden IQ feature, granted I haven't played quite as many as 20 games yet (probably 10ish so far), is exactly what previous posters are saying could happen.

For example, I played Ravens (me) vs. Browns. I absolutely shut down Jamal Lewis and the running game. Derek Anderson on the other hand, torched my secondary. I think he ended up with around 275 YDS passing and a few scored. That's fine, it was a fun game.

So next game I play the Colts (this is in Play Now, not franchise), as the Ravens. Because I sucked it up last game, even though my IQ "skill bar", whatever it's called, didn't really move down in Pass Defense, I shut down Peyton Manning. I think I picked him off 4 times, 2 for TDs. On the other hand, Joesph Addai ran all over my team.

In a way it's becoming too predictable. I know if I shut down the passing game last game, then the next game their going to light me up through the air. Likewise for the ground game.

I'm just going to stick to custom sliders for now.
Exactly what I was afraid of. I noticed Heelfan posted soem sliders and they are very similar to what I used for a time last night - I may try those.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »