Home

IQ "Test" Franchise?

This is a discussion on IQ "Test" Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #345
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: IQ "Test" Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan7
I'm gonna do the same thing, play a few play now games then go into the franchise. Are you in a chise now or just doing play now?
I'm currently playing in franchise mode with the Chiefs (I like playing with weak teams, rebuilding them into champs). I started 8-0 which was kind of disappointing as I expected it to be more challenging during my first season, but the last two games really seem to have IQ fine tuning the game to make it real challenging. I'm probably about 16 games into IQ adjusting from a starting point of 500. A few of the guys that have 2+ seasons in using IQ say the games keep getting better and better so I'm expecting to see some tough games coming up. I'm thinking of starting a new franchise just to see if the 8-0 start was a fluke? With the rebuilding process I use, my first season should usually be a tough one.

I agree, robo qb is not a big problem using IQ. I've seen it every now and then, but not on a regular basis, and that's pretty realistic. Same thing with running game. It's very challenging but I still get some 100+ yard games. Big running games definitely have to be earned though using a good mix of plays and smart play calling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #346
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I'm currently playing in franchise mode with the Chiefs (I like playing with weak teams, rebuilding them into champs). I started 8-0 which was kind of disappointing as I expected it to be more challenging during my first season, but the last two games really seem to have IQ fine tuning the game to make it real challenging. I'm probably about 16 games into IQ adjusting from a starting point of 500. A few of the guys that have 2+ seasons in using IQ say the games keep getting better and better so I'm expecting to see some tough games coming up. I'm thinking of starting a new franchise just to see if the 8-0 start was a fluke? With the rebuilding process I use, my first season should usually be a tough one.

I agree, robo qb is not a big problem using IQ. I've seen it every now and then, but not on a regular basis, and that's pretty realistic. Same thing with running game. It's very challenging but I still get some 100+ yard games. Big running games definitely have to be earned though using a good mix of plays and smart play calling.
Whats your record now? Are you going to finish the season with the Chiefs?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #347
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
9-1 and undecided. I will likely play one or two more games this weekend, but I'm leaning towards restarting a new one next week (don't usually play much on weekends). I'm just really curious to see if I can have another 8 game winning streak to start a season with another weak team.

Now that I'm a bit more aware of how IQ adjusts I will work even harder to minimize int's which should in turn make the pass game even harder. I think that is one area that allowed me to win as many games as I did. I threw enough int's that my Pass IQ stayed low, allowing me to be pretty successful in other aspects of my pass game. Once I get my Pass IQ up, overall offense should be much tougher?

Teams I'm thinking of playing with if I do restart:

Lions
Bears
Bengals
Bills
Dolphins
Falcons
Old 10-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #348
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Now that I'm a bit more aware of how IQ adjusts I will work even harder to minimize int's which should in turn make the pass game even harder. I think that is one area that allowed me to win as many games as I did. I threw enough int's that my Pass IQ stayed low, allowing me to be pretty successful in other aspects of my pass game. Once I get my Pass IQ up, overall offense should be much tougher?

Teams I'm thinking of playing with if I do restart:

Lions
Bears
Bengals
Bills
Dolphins
Falcons
My Pass IQ is up in the All-Madden range and I have definitely noticed that. Compared to my test games, passing has gotten way harder. It's a lot more difficult to complete the third and long situations. Which is something you will notice in the score. Make a note of how many times you score on a drive which had a third and long situation.

I just have to work on my passing defense right now. I don't mind the yardage so much, but I believe because my secondary is as bad as it is, the CPU QB is completing a lot of passes with not much in-completions. It doesn't feel like Robo-QB at all since the recievers are just open. I also have to get more pressure on the QB, but that's starting to come slowly.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #349
Rookie

OVR: 7

Wow, I am lost when it comes to the Rushing IQ.

I just played a game against the Chargers and I had a total of 41 yards on the ground with a 2.1 ypc. But still, the rushing slider went up? For the past two games I've struggled to run the ball and the rushing slider has gone up both times.

However, I did have my first good game defending the pass, giving up only 150 something yards and two TD's. I held the CPU's offense under 250 yards.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #350
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
10-1 now after a close win against Buffalo (although my IQ dropped all the way down to 590)?

I'm definitely going to restart a new franchise, 10-1 is just to successful for my first year with a weak team. I may play one more game with the Chiefs for further IQ tuning, but I will likely start my new team by tomorrow ....
Old 10-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #351
Banned

Sitting and watching tonight's game between Tampa and Seattle. Rushing average for Tampa bay into the 4th quarter ..... 2.7 yds/carry.

I know this is just one game, but there are several other RB's that didn't break the 3.0 yd/carry threshhold:

M. Turner 2.2
F. Gore 1.0
M. Forte 2.8
L.T. 2.9
R. Brown 2.1

Obviously many of the others had averages well above 3.0/carry so I'm not justifying how hard it is to run in Madden this year. Most backs should average between 3-4yds/carry but having games in the 2yds/carry range is a very realistic occurrence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2008, 11:44 PM   #352
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, I have been having similar results with Oakland. I am 6-2 even though I am in the bottom five on offense. I am just winning too many games on IQ.

I think I might have to try some games on All-Madden and see how I do. I just don't want to be 12-4 with Oakland is all... at least not right away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »