Home

RnR's NEW SLIDERS!!! READY FOR TESTING!!!

This is a discussion on RnR's NEW SLIDERS!!! READY FOR TESTING!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #17
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: RnR's NEW SLIDERS!!! READY FOR TESTING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktipton87
Just played against the Seahawks and it was VERY close again. I didn't pull out the win though, I made some pretty bone-headed playcalling at the end and I cost myself the win. I was on the 1 yard line and couldn't punch it in. So I lost 23-27. It was fun though and I will keep playing on these sliders.
Ahhh...Unlucky dude!!!

Did you use these new sliders or my old ones????

Old 10-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Played a few more games and i am seeing some consistency. The human run game seems to be about right maybe not enough tackles in the backfield. The Cpu run game seems to easy to stop imo.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #19
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Chaos
Played a few more games and i am seeing some consistency. The human run game seems to be about right maybe not enough tackles in the backfield. The Cpu run game seems to easy to stop imo.
It can be at time's but when you face a top running team, with good run blocking O lines, you will have a hard time stopping them. If you shut the other teams run game down early they will stop running the ball so much!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #20
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Human block shedding down by 5 to 15 block shedding.

Last edited by z ROCKnROLLA z; 10-19-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

new sliders used as per an hour ago:

I must say im hating the current set of sliders, current and prev game...but let me show you why. And its most likely because im sh*T at madden and NOT the sliders but below you'll see why im not enjoying the game one bit right now:

Season 2 wk 3

Packers @ Jets
87overall v 86 overall

Packers - Jets
Score: 39-50
Rushing Yards: 96-223
Passing YARDS: 174-355
1st dwns : 10-16
turnovers 7(-5) - 2(+5)

Player Stats

QBs

Sanchz 20-28, 114.6 rating 358 yards, 4tds, 2picks
Rodgers 9-33, 197 yards, 32 rating, 2 tds, 7 picks

Rushing

Jets-Jones 27 carries 188 yards, 7 average, 2 tds
GB-Grant 10carries 27 yards, 2.7 av 0 td
GB-Jackson 9 carries 66 yards, 7 av 0 td

Receiving

Jets hENRy 5 rec-181 yards, 36 av 3tds
Jets Cotchery 4-49yrds, 0 td, 15 av
GB Finley 4-105 yards 26av 1 td
Jets Crayton 2-51yrds 25.5 av 0 td

D-FEnce

Jets 5-Sacks all DE and LT, where my Oline gets beat by the 1st swim move

me-NOne (as per....)

Sacks allowed: GB Clifton 3!!! & Spitz 2

7 picks them 2 for me

Rushing: Wasn't working at all but i FINALLY made a few plays with Jackson mainly on a STRONG toss if not PACE would get me almost as i did the hand off!!! or id run past the blocker who would timely release his MAN to get me for 1 yard (many grant plays ended like this)

Passing: I nearly LAUNCHED my ps3 controller out my window after the B-S i was receiving on my passing game

I come out in Shotgun...No protection bang sack
I come out in singleback..No protection back sack or as you can see by my stats quick panic throw as i feel my controller rumble and a PICK
Their D got to me sooo fast it really pissed me off, id even have my TE and RB blocking so i was left with 2 WR to hit at times and i still was rushed, i literally have About 2 seconds in the pocket and it drives me insane that their DLine always beats my 0line..ALWAYS!

If i did make a pass and it was single coverage, the Defender steps in front and makes a pick, my TE was the only one EVER open hence all the passing yards his way but on 3rd down he dropped about 3 which was infuriating considering i was getting a beat down at the time.

Defence:

What d-fence you ask! i got killed for the second straight game.

Unlike the CPU's D-Line mine just kind of pushes for 10 seconds without any pressure for the QB to find whoever he likes.

I sent heat from my OLB and they atbest got to him but instead of a INC it was a quick hit for 5-10 yards.

I got fed up of blitzing as it was pointless and went ZONE happy, the CPU had 35 odd points in the 1st half when i tried to play the game like real football but they just made play after play after play. Second half i went as i said into a zone, zone, zone d-fence and stopped them quite well although this was boring going to mark the same zone play after play etc..

As i said in my intro, i guess the sliders are great but im just rubbish. Pre these sliders i threw for 300 yards and ran for like 10 yards but could make plays on D. Now! i get all my yards on kick off returns, i CAN rush around 100 yards a game which im happy about but making 9-33 passes annoys me greatly.

D- then and now i get no LB sacks and its only INTS i can get, the 3-4 just gets me NO sacks with my LBs at all. at the very best its an INC.

ive got DET now an 82 team il try the sliders for another game to see how i do, but if i give up 21 or more to these im going to have to give them a pass. I want a challenge but i also want to have fun and getting a beat down all the time isn't fun.

sorry for ranting! maybe i shouldn't post straight after a game that has majorly tilted me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #22
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

No worries dude...I've lost 2 out of the last 3 games...I love the challenge, my scores are no where like yours tho, and I'm the Chiefs lol...my last 3 games are as follows...36-39 loss to the Ravens, last min loss, 31-20 win over the Raiders, 17-21 Loss to the Eagles, I was robbed!!!

I'm lovin it..to me the sliders seem fair...and you have to choose your plays wisely, as I have been stung a few times over blitzing at times and throwin into coverage!!!

From there I've simulated the rest of the season, so I can make changes to this team and draft some talent!!!

Keep trying mate...the only way to get better is to play against better teams and harder AI!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by z ROCKnROLLA z
Ahhh...Unlucky dude!!!

Did you use these new sliders or my old ones????
I used the ones that have been updated.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Season 2 Wk 4

Det 82 @ GB 89 overall

Det - Pack

Score 26-32
Rushing Yards 110-191
Passing Yards 199-279
1st dwns 8-16
turnovers 0(+5) - 5(-5)

Player STATs

Qbs

Rodgers 17-31, 67.2 rating, 279 yards, 2tds, 4 picks
stafford 14-31, 80.8 226 yards 1 td

Rushing

Grant 15 carries 102 yards, 6.8 av, 1 td
Jackson 15 carries 90 yards 6.0 av 1td
Det-Smith 15 carries 91 yards, 6 average,0 tds

Receiving

GB-BJackson(RB) - 5Rec - 84 yards- 16.8 av-1td
GB-T.Watson(FB)- 4 Rec - 45 yards, 11.3 av 0td
GB- Nelson (WR)-3Rec - 100 yards 33av 1 td
Det- Johnson Jnr- 2rec 121 yards- 60 av 0td

Defence

I didnt get sack *thank you god!!!!!!*
I got 5 sacks 1 with a LB which feels soo sweet!

All in all this was a MUCH better game!

I was ALL over them 10-0 up then gave up a pick TD!!!

RUSHING was brilliant as id get stuffed one play then get a massive 10 yard play the next.

Passing is my Achilles heel, its no shock to see my RB and FB got almost all my receptions because they are the only ones open.

I still throw picks and they are always to a MAIN WR- Jennings/Driver, one was a panic throw as i was about to get sacked on 3rd down and deserved it. One was was a cross route where i had 2 WR on the safety and they pretyy much bumped into each other and the safety GAY i think it was stepped up and took the pick.

I think i need to LAB the passing game, after i threw some picks i decided to have 1 WR go long if he wasnt open id go to the RB in the flats which works pretty much every time. need to learn some more plays with my passing i think as i always get picked if i pass over 10 yards.

D-Fence was brilliant, had lots more fun this game, mainly because the CPU actually dropped passes, even easy ones so i didnt give up huge plays like i did in the last post i made.

Pressure was easier! is it because its Detroit? i dont know probably but my aggressive blitzes actually made an impact for the 1st time in 3 games stafford got hit as he threw sooo many times it was great and unlike in previous games the rushed passed wasnt a easy 5-10 yard gain!

THe CPU rushing is a lot harder to stop ive given up 100 yards rushing to everyone so far, not sure what im doing wrong the CPU is just good what can i say im only a 480 odd madden IQ player

i reeeeealy enjoyed this game, so im going to stick with the sliders. before my next game i will lab up some passing plays and learn to throw deep.

will post more stats as they come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »