Home

My Skill Madden 11

This is a discussion on My Skill Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
My Skill Madden 11

Anyone playing with My Skill. I did a couple seasons with it on Madden 10 and am enjoying it so far on 11. I played the first 3 preseason games with the Browns and started having some nice games by the 3rd games. I beat Detroit by 3 to end the regular season. I opened at Tampa Bay and won in overtimes 16-13. Got my butt kicked by the Chiefs 48-27. Then squeeked by the Ravens 12-7. I like how My Skill makes each game different but overall keeps the game pretty balanced. It looks like the IQ is gone unless I am just missing it.

My house rule now is that I can not look at my sliders. Last year I would look and had an idea how to attack each opponet. This year I decided that I can look at it. I will have to get an idea on the fly. Although I will probably take a look at it at the end of each season. Running 13 minute quarters with a 25 second runoff. Normal speed as well.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: My Skill Madden 11

Has anyone else tried My Skill with positive outcomes?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

My skill is fine for the human player, but what do you set the sliders at for the CPU, there isnt an option (that I see) for My Skill to be an option there.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
My skill is fine for the human player, but what do you set the sliders at for the CPU, there isnt an option (that I see) for My Skill to be an option there.
This is something that I'm thinking about right now. As of now, the CPU breaks too many tackles, and the QB is too accurate on my current skill. Pass coverage could be toned down, but not a whole lot. I might just make my own edits instead of trying to find the right CPU skill settings via someone else's sliders.

Great idea OP in not looking at your current difficulty number in My Skill. Gonna do that from now on.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

How I do reset my profile so MySkill starts off at 500 (10's across the board)? I played 3 games today on different difficulties so my MySkill rating isn't on default.

I used MySkill last year and had real good results. I forgot it was still in the game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

I just played 3 games with My Skill on and it didn't move. I passed for over 300 yards twice and 458 another time and my Passing slider didn't move. The other problem with My Skill is that you are still left with the problem of adjusting the CPU defense sliders. After 3 games none of them move either.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Sori's Arena

OVR: 1

I have been playing using "My Skill" and I like the challenge.. Most games are close, only the occasional blowout (usually the result of Defensive TD's)... my one problem with it is the running game.. I cant run the ball to save my life with it, I get zero run blocking... My HB rarely makes it out of backfield and when he does its only a yd or two before 5 defensive players converge from all angles... and for some reason my running difficulty bar never goes down.. even when I'm only averaging 1 yd per carry..
Old 08-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
How I do reset my profile so MySkill starts off at 500 (10's across the board)? I played 3 games today on different difficulties so my MySkill rating isn't on default.

I used MySkill last year and had real good results. I forgot it was still in the game.
Delete your Madden profile from your saves. That should do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sori
I have been playing using "My Skill" and I like the challenge.. Most games are close, only the occasional blowout (usually the result of Defensive TD's)... my one problem with it is the running game.. I cant run the ball to save my life with it, I get zero run blocking... My HB rarely makes it out of backfield and when he does its only a yd or two before 5 defensive players converge from all angles... and for some reason my running difficulty bar never goes down.. even when I'm only averaging 1 yd per carry..
And this is the major drawback. At some point, your "skills" hit the wall of difficulty. It becomes impossible to run(or pass, run stop, pass rush, etc.) and you get stuck playing on a difficulty that is seemingly impossible to succeed on. I looked at my Running and it's already on 16. That's a notch above All-Madden. It goes any higher and I can just see myself pulling my hair out.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 08-12-2010 at 10:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »