Home

Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style!

This is a discussion on Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin357
No worries. I'm the jerk. I should have read the criteria. I had heard that sliders seem to work differently in franchise than in exhibition and assumed these were being made for franchise players like myself that were striving for accurate stats.

Since this test requires exhibition games, I'll bow out of helping. Sorry, but my game time is limited & I want to advance a franchise. I will be using these as the base for my sliders though, so thank you for a great starting point.
um these sliders are for franshice nobody ever said they work different in exibition then franchise infact they will work perfectly.If someone plays one game in franchise and get a wacko game and says the sliders wont work they are really barking up a tree .I am striving for sliders to be used in franchise and have as accurate stats as you can get people are really confused lol. ive always done it this way.so whoever said these wont work in franchise is clearly wrong.infact i have a test franchise going right now and i couldnt be more happier with the stats overall.People seen to really jump to conclusions i see it alot here they play 1 to 2 games decide becuase its not giving the stats they want that they dont work.what people dont understand and this is why you NEED 32 games of testing is that you could play the same game match up 10 times in a row and get 10 quite varied results .This really is the one thing people dont understand.

Ive also seen the test numbers still swing after 28 games to say 32 example first test set the cpu was righta t 4.0 ypc in the last 3 games it diped to 3.8 and change. Really you need 64 games or something but thats would be long and you would need lots of testers . so 32 is the number that has been used over the years since its long enough.

heres some food for thought i have had almost perfect sliders over the years and gotten games i go WTF then i have had bad sliders and have had games that looked and felt so real it wasnt even funny.

Like i said people and ive seen it at leaste 10 times in this thread jump to conclusions. But this is why at the end of the testing these sliders will be bar none the best sliders from a statical standpoint for coach mode for franchise not only on these forums but on the whole net.

Last edited by Lombardi; 09-27-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #266
Rookie

Slb can you please repost the final numbers for the mini test thanks.

once i see the numbers (remember 8 games is not that many just a vauge look) we have 2 choices tell me which you prefer

1) we can convert this to 32 games meaning theres 24 left

2) we can wipe the slate clean and start over and do a full clean slate 32 game test . I will based on what slb post for final numbers make a few small tweaks. ( I actually think I prefer this ) but i want to see what others think as well.

P.S. if anyone has any input (only after the final numbers of the mini test are posted ) then by all means .I take alot of feedback example EbonBlue was the one that suggested 33-40 threshold . 40 actually works pretty well .

The only thing i ask is that when testing games they are done by the rules to the letter i am old school. The reason for this is to have the slate as clean as possible and to eliminate any variables. Once the testing is done people can play there game how they like .Thats personal preference, just dont blame me if stats dont look like you want them to.

but as ive said every season is differnt you could play 2 full seasons and come out with different stats. Easially could have to wildly different seasons really to be honest.

Last edited by Lombardi; 09-27-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #267
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sascgs
Has anyone been trying these sliders in CPU vs. CPU? Just wondering how they are playing out. I ran one game and it was an interception filled shootout so I was curious if anyone else has tried.

these are really ment for coach mode human vs cpu .

I cant validate these for cpu vs cpu since some of the sliders are where they are with a human in mind. You could try them and let me know how it turns out.They *might* work,probally not thou but who knows.

But honestly my recccommendation is to use one of the slider sets here on the boards that some slider makers are doing spesifically cpu vs cpu.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #268
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8b
Also, one more thing if we end up doing a 32 game test. I'd like to propose some changes in the way we do things:

A) Lombardi releases schedule, and assigns which team is controlled by the user
B) Only count games ran by members we trust, I.E. the guys that have been in this thread for a while. Lombardi, sl8b, slaytor, tampa two, billsneedNewOwner, eonblue, M2H and any other guys I'm forgetting we can trust.

No disrespect to anyone, but that guy that signed free agents and posted logs from franchise mode should not have his games count.

If we can get 8 testers that will understand they have to do things Lombardi's way for a couple of games to get a YEAR OF ENJOYMENT then we'll be fine.

It's also a very good idea to have two number crunchers. I'll be happy to send my file to Tampa so he can check my work and vice versa.

I don't know about you guys, but I play this game for almost a year at a time so I have no problem running one more test. 8 of us can run four games each we can have a final set released in a matter of days.

If anyone is still reading (lol), why are we using Broadcast Cam? Do you really think it makes a difference? I've been doing it for uniformity's sake........but when I start my 'chise I doubt I'll stick with it unless it affects gameplay.....just curious.

Thanks again to everyone, we have taken a solid game and made it great IMHO.

all the people you listed are the most awesome testers .they know what im after and actually follow the rules. If anyone else wants to help thats great just follow the rules thats it simple.

as far as choosing which is cpu and which human ill just let people choose just try and take 2 underdogs and 2 favorites if you say run 4 games .

Lombardi, sl8b, slaytor, tampa two, billsneedNewOwner, eonblue, M2H

All the people listed there i trust without exception havent seen M2H but his help has been invaluble .Without each and every one of your these sliders wouldnt be possible so thanks
Old 09-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #269
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8b
Awesome job Tampa Two! I left my flash drive at work, so I'm glad you published these numbers.

Lombardi - if you read the posts, you can figure out which team was the hum and which was the cpu. Note that I put "Sacks By" so we know that the stats column represents the team that's recording the sacks....and as slaytor pointed out, 7.5 sacks per game was the COMBINED total.

Also, as I stated in that post, those numbers were simply an update after a handful of games (six). I think we can agree that a 6 game test is waaaaaaaaaaaay to small a sample. I for one love the way the game feels since we went custom. I also enjoyed the game before we made the most recent adjustments.

I could use either of these as a starting point and fine tune from there, but I'd prefer at least one more 32 game test if everyone is up for it.

yeah slb i actually see that is 7.5 combined for say sacks what threw me off was becuase the colums werent lined up exactly i didnt look close enough silly me actually a few of the columes arent lined up exactly but i cant get them to line up either when i try so p
Old 09-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #270
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi
yeah slb i actually see that is 7.5 combined for say sacks what threw me off was becuase the colums werent lined up exactly i didnt look close enough silly me actually a few of the columes arent lined up exactly but i cant get them to line up either when i try so p
If it is decided that more test are in order I'm on board. I've really enjoyed the process and am enjoying the outcome of the games thus far.

I have to sneak my games in between bathing kids, studying, and now FIFA 12 (why did they have to add sliders?????), but I'll be happy to help out as much as I can. Of course, this Sunday the Saints are coming to town, so I'll probably be drowning my sorrows after leaving the game, but I only need one hand and one open eye to test.

Plus, I have no doubt that Lombardi's sliders will be the defacto for Madden 12 Coach Mode sliders.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #271
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Just wanted to check in and say I've been lurking without commenting, but was so pleased with the progress that I converted to the existing set for use with my Bengals franchise.

I don't want to clutter or confuse this thread by posting stats from games which are being played outside the testing parameters, but for those curious to see how the sliders are doing in a franchise mode environment with the user calling all of his plays, you can look here (starting with the Browns game):

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042901896

I've been very happy with the results other than not losing a game yet, but all but two of them could have gone the other way.

I must say I vastly prefer normal speed with a 40 threshold to the very slow/0 I had gone a season and 3/4 with.

Time of possession/game time note: Since I do a franchise report I like to report time of possession as a total of 60 minutes. I do that by converting the minutes to seconds and multiplying by 1.25. Also, If a score is made say in the opening drive of the game, I add 3 minutes to the event, which is why you'll see some scores happening with more than 12 minutes in the quarter.

Also, I'd like to make a suggestion for the testers:

If a game goes to OT, I think you should only post the stats as they are at the end of regulation so as not to skew the numbers.

Everyone's great work is very much appreciated. BZ to all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #272
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison

Also, I'd like to make a suggestion for the testers:

If a game goes to OT, I think you should only post the stats as they are at the end of regulation so as not to skew the numbers.

Everyone's great work is very much appreciated. BZ to all.

A simple solution to keep stats clean. I should have thought of that when I encountered OT. Glad to see you've been lurking.

Your season stats looked great! I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the week 17 preview post. My fiancee, well, not so much. I did though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »