Home

Blue Ninja's madden 12 all-madden "franchise mode" slider

This is a discussion on Blue Ninja's madden 12 all-madden "franchise mode" slider within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #457
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Blue Ninja's madden 12 all-madden "franchise mode" slider

these are very cool sliders man, so far ive tried pretty much everyones sliders on here and yours seem to be the best fit for me so far...

i say so far because the more i play with anyones sliders, i adapt and then the sliders become to easy, right now im using the sliders on the front page but i feel like i will be lowering my QBA soon...

another question is that i was curious to find out if its me just having a problem or does someone else have this problem but the cpu running game up the middle is amazing, running towards the outside is fine but if they run up the middle, its a easy 10 yards...just curious if i need a better DTs or my block shedding slider should be higher, wasnt sure...thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #458
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
these are very cool sliders man, so far ive tried pretty much everyones sliders on here and yours seem to be the best fit for me so far...

i say so far because the more i play with anyones sliders, i adapt and then the sliders become to easy, right now im using the sliders on the front page but i feel like i will be lowering my QBA soon...

another question is that i was curious to find out if its me just having a problem or does someone else have this problem but the cpu running game up the middle is amazing, running towards the outside is fine but if they run up the middle, its a easy 10 yards...just curious if i need a better DTs or my block shedding slider should be higher, wasnt sure...thanks
This was an issue for me. I got gouged up the gut even with good DTs vs. average HBs, so I lowered the CPU run blocking a touch.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #459
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I played one full game with this slider set, and while I did enjoy the flow of the game, I have to admit that I felt the CPU's offensive attack to be extremely watered down. It really wasn't much of a challenge for me to stop the Vikings, both passing and rushing the ball, and that was using the Broncos.

Offensively from my end, I thought things looked pretty good, although the CPU pass rush was a bit extreme, but then again, Denver's O-line isn't the greatest.

Any tips on how to make the CPU more of a threat when they have the ball?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #460
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I played one full game with this slider set, and while I did enjoy the flow of the game, I have to admit that I felt the CPU's offensive attack to be extremely watered down. It really wasn't much of a challenge for me to stop the Vikings, both passing and rushing the ball, and that was using the Broncos.

Offensively from my end, I thought things looked pretty good, although the CPU pass rush was a bit extreme, but then again, Denver's O-line isn't the greatest.

Any tips on how to make the CPU more of a threat when they have the ball?

Either your really good or you just need to play a better sample size.

Also Franchise games play out much different over the course of a season than play now games due to DPP, Streaks and Player ROles evolving season to season.

I played the Cardinals last night in year 2 of my chise. My Dolphins are rated 83 they were rated an 83. They smoked me 29-13. Fitzgerald ate my lunch with great reception after great reception. I held their run game in check all day but they just carved me up in the second half. The game was tied 13-13 at halftime.

I am finding this set very challenging.

Another thing i have adjusted to now on All-Madden is being able to be a effective cut back runner. In the running game you must be able to read the hole and cut back as soon as you get the ball. I have gotten much better at running the ball over the course of 5 games using this set (I have made very minor tweaks).

DJ keep playing. I am sure your going to get smacked down against the elite teams.

Trust me this ain't All-Pro.

And I like All-Pro for more sim like gameplay animations. But in the end I have to use too many house rules to not crush the CPU and I just don't want to play that way anymore. I just wasnt to go full tilt and use everything at my disposal. Balls to the wall like I play 2K11 and The Show!

But All Madden although more arcadey in it's tackling is really fast and fun. It's nice to know I have to work hard for every yard and really be careful in any hot route, line adjustment or audible I call.

BTW I play on slow speed with the "Zoomed" camera angle 13 minute quarters and a speed threshold of 45. That view is glorious and very challengeing in the passing game on the outside sticks. You really have to read your coverages and your flats to throw to the outside.

I love it.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-19-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #461
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Either your really good or you just need to play a better sample size.

Also Franchise games play out much different over the course of a season than play now games due to DPP, Streaks and Player ROles evolving season to season.

I played the Cardinals last night in year 2 of my chise. My Dolphins are rated 83 they were rated an 83. They smoked me 29-13. Fitzgerald ate my lunch with great reception after great reception. I held their run game in check all day but they just carved me up in the second half. The game was tied 13-13 at halftime.

I am finding this set very challenging.

Another thing i have adjusted to now on All-Madden is being able to be a effective cut back runner. In the running game you must be able to read the hole and cut back as soon as you get the ball. I have gotten much better at running the ball over the course of 5 games using this set (I have made very minor tweaks).

DJ keep playing. I am sure your going to get smacked down against the elite teams.

Trust me this ain't All-Pro.

And I like All-Pro for more sim like gameplay animations. But in the end I have to use too many house rules to not crush the CPU and I just don't want to play that way anymore. I just wasnt to go full tilt and use everything at my disposal. Balls to the wall like I play 2K11 and The Show!

But All Madden although more arcadey in it's tackling is really fast and fun. It's nice to know I have to work hard for every yard and really be careful in any hot route, line adjustment or audible I call.

BTW I play on slow speed with the "Zoomed" camera angle 13 minute quarters and a speed threshold of 45. That view is glorious and very challengeing in the passing game on the outside sticks. You really have to read your coverages and your flats to throw to the outside.

I love it.
Maybe I entered the sliders wrong or something, because it sure didn't feel like All-Madden difficulty to me, and as we know, I'm far from an elite gamer. Funny thing is that I lost the game, 10-3. If not for 2 missed field goals, a fumble by McGahee on the goal line and 2 red zone INTs by Tebow, I would've won rather handily as Minny didn't score that TD until late in the 4th.

I set the difficulty to All-Madden, then went in and adjusted the HUM/CPU sliders to what is listed on the front page.

I know it was just one game, but I was a little taken aback by how inept the CPU offense was, especially running the ball with AP. I was fine with McNabb struggling (I got to him early and he was rattled all game), but AP just never got it going ... I'm guessing his 2 fumbles did play a part in that, though.

Yeah, I will continue to play and test. As I said earlier, I like the explanation behind the slider and sub settings. I'll have to just play more and see how things work themselves out. I'm waiting for the next roster update to start my Franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #462
Rookie

godofwar757's Arena

OVR: 2

Anyone having trouble catching picks with the INT at 25? My guys are in position, I press triangle to snag it (most times) or just let the cpu get it and it just bounces off my guy's hands. I upped it to 30 to see how that goes.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #463
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

25 int works just fine for me. I got 4 ints in a game at most. I average about 1 or little less per game but its understandable for cowboys defense(in my 3rd year but hasn't proved much, just getting younger). I actually lowered wr catch to 40, and testing. At WR catch 45, 80 rated receivers getting open little too often against elite cover corners and I think there should be more drop passes from getting hit. I haven't notice anything else so far after patch#2 but we'll see.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #464
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

For those having trouble with stopping the run in the middle just lower run blocking to 35 or even 30.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »