Home

Mill's Sliders

This is a discussion on Mill's Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
Rookie

godofwar757's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Mill's Sliders

I was under the impression that if ANY category was higher than 75 the game would get that ALL PRO feel to it. And you could tell by the kicking meter going slower. However, i've been using Playmakers set and the only USER category that is above 75 is PASSING. my kick meter still moves REALLY fast. Anyone else using that set notice? check it out.

Every slider set on here is an individual opinion. What may wok for you won't work for all because all our skill levels are different. I'm pretty sure no 2 guys on here play exactly the same. I used PM's 0/0/0 USER rushing set and gashed the cpu each game. I read on here other guys using it and can't move the ball. In chatting with Jarrod21, he passes on Madden like manning does for real. I can't read coverage as fast as he can. I use bits and pieces of different sets along with my own tweaks and just play. That's my take, sorry if it sounds like i'm venting. I guess because I am. just keep that in mind when using these sets. Peace

P.S add me on PSN and lets get some games in
-godofwar757
Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Disagree however you wish. Its a theory that some people believe, and until a developer tells me otherwise (as they have already told me that it isn't true), that is all it is...a theory.

So why does the kicking meter go faster and the AI suddenly plays better even with lower CPU sliders?

If that's not the reason, did they mention why that happens and what the trigger is?

I know for a fact that the kick meter goes faster on my nothing-over-75 set than with my set where a couple groups are higher than 75. The AI also plays much differently. I have them basically the same on the first set and the AI is fierce - second set, I had put QB Acc at 81 and Run block at 77.

If that's not because of the user sliders, I'd like to know what it really is then. I wish the devs would say what the trigger is and why it occurs if it doesn't have a trigger with the groups. Does the AI play better with lower slider settings? Does the AI factor off the user sliders in another way other than the theorized way?

Last edited by KBLover; 10-22-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Now that everyone has gotten their opinions out in regards to their slider sets and their theories on the game, anyone that tries the sliders that the topic was created for, leave feedback if you wish.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Played one game, small sample size.

I had to up QB accuracy. Rodgers was misfiring all over the place and was under 50% at the half. I still need to tinker with QB Accuracy, not sure whether to increase to 15 or 20.

I'll try 15 next time, otherwise, pretty good sliders.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #13
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Played one game, small sample size.

I had to up QB accuracy. Rodgers was misfiring all over the place and was under 50% at the half. I still need to tinker with QB Accuracy, not sure whether to increase to 15 or 20.

I'll try 15 next time, otherwise, pretty good sliders.
That's the one thing I always tinker with. Flacco can have good games, and have awful ones. If he is pressured all game, it's really tough to hit anything. But if he starts with a few completions and works his way from there, he seems very competent throughout the latter stages.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I will certainly give these a shot. I also use the no-switch rule. I'm scared about using Tebow (I'm starting a Broncos franchise) with the low QB Acc. slider, but we will see how it goes.

How is your pass protection? I was getting sacked a lot with a few other sets on here.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #15
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I will certainly give these a shot. I also use the no-switch rule. I'm scared about using Tebow (I'm starting a Broncos franchise) with the low QB Acc. slider, but we will see how it goes.

How is your pass protection? I was getting sacked a lot with a few other sets on here.
It's at default All Pro. If I know I am going into a pass with a 5-7 step drop, I will keep an extra back/TE in to block.

If you are using Tebow, I would suggest 15 for QB Acc. I think I am going to up it and play a game or two shortly. Just remember to up it for the CPU as well.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I like these. my only alteration was threshold to 0. Seeing nice seperation between guys and just plys well overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »