Home

Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #2921
Pro

rattlesnake31368's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I went and checked on my NCAA sliders a few days ago.. Yeah you have to really practice with the left stick on the black set. Try to aim the stick at the WR as soon as he comes out his break. Don't put to much lead on it or else the pass might sail on you.
Yeah thats what i figured after practicing with it because i know my passing game is the weak part of my offense but after all the times i played madden i just use to lead him as far as i possibly could and i didnt know if it just played like this is practice or if thats how i always should have done it and i was always doing it wrong. And i meant lie are your sliders up to date where i can use them?

Last edited by rattlesnake31368; 11-25-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #2922
Rookie

OVR: 1

After practicing all day and testing a bunch of stuff, the black set looks pretty good. I think most of my problems were due to lacking a good feel for the sliders. I'm lowering (which I guess is actually raising) the CPU rush reaction to 0, lowering CPU pass rush to 85 (I felt like with 100 it got there too quickly even when it was 7 blockers on 4 pass rushers), and raising CPU pass blocking to 100 (I was getting 3-4 sacks a game with the Titans' terrible D-line which just didn't seem right. Other than these changes, I'll be using the black set as posted.

Oh, and also, as much as I'd love to see the CPU actually use its backup running backs, I feel hesitant to raise the RB auto-sub to 90/94. I like to run a lot and giving CJ the bulk of the carries is consistent with real life. He already had to come out of the game on a fairly regular basis when I had it set to 87/91, you might be able to sell me on it though.

I was also wondering what your basis is for having the special teams sliders the way they are (specifically field goals). I currently have power set to 59 and accuracy to 42. I've found it hard to come up with a set in which the CPU isn't either totally automatic from 45 and in or totally atrocious from 50+. I've found this setting to be pretty decent, but not perfect. I think that having the power high but accuracy low is realistic because most of the big legged guys can feasibly make it from 60+, It's just incredibly hard to be consistently accurate from that distance.

I might not be able to play for a few days, but I intend to start a career. I'll keep you updated on how things go. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm hoping to be challenged, the Titans should have an atrocious D.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #2923
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake31368
Yeah thats what i figured after practicing with it because i know my passing game is the weak part of my offense but after all the times i played madden i just use to lead him as far as i possibly could and i didnt know if it just played like this is practice or if thats how i always should have done it and i was always doing it wrong. And i meant lie are your sliders up to date where i can use them?
I'm getting ready to update them right now..
Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #2924
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondog
After practicing all day and testing a bunch of stuff, the black set looks pretty good. I think most of my problems were due to lacking a good feel for the sliders. I'm lowering (which I guess is actually raising) the CPU rush reaction to 0, lowering CPU pass rush to 85 (I felt like with 100 it got there too quickly even when it was 7 blockers on 4 pass rushers), and raising CPU pass blocking to 100 (I was getting 3-4 sacks a game with the Titans' terrible D-line which just didn't seem right. Other than these changes, I'll be using the black set as posted.

Oh, and also, as much as I'd love to see the CPU actually use its backup running backs, I feel hesitant to raise the RB auto-sub to 90/94. I like to run a lot and giving CJ the bulk of the carries is consistent with real life. He already had to come out of the game on a fairly regular basis when I had it set to 87/91, you might be able to sell me on it though.

I was also wondering what your basis is for having the special teams sliders the way they are (specifically field goals). I currently have power set to 59 and accuracy to 42. I've found it hard to come up with a set in which the CPU isn't either totally automatic from 45 and in or totally atrocious from 50+. I've found this setting to be pretty decent, but not perfect. I think that having the power high but accuracy low is realistic because most of the big legged guys can feasibly make it from 60+, It's just incredibly hard to be consistently accurate from that distance.

I might not be able to play for a few days, but I intend to start a career. I'll keep you updated on how things go. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm hoping to be challenged, the Titans should have an atrocious D.
Did you mean to say you are lowering the pass reaction? The rush reaction is fine.. The pass reaction is what's backwards.. With the black set you don't need to raise the the CPUs pass blocking like that. I just made some new tweaks to the USER pass defense that's going to help the CPU get the ball off quicker so just use the sliders I'm going to have posted for the black set.. Make sure everything is exactly the way I have it(Besides the CPUs pass rushing you tweaked). You also need to make sure you let the sliders settle in. Don't base anything off the first game after you tweak the sliders. You have to play a few games with the sliders to see how they are working..

Well Bradshaw still gets most of the carries for me but I like to see my backups get a few carries when he gets tired..

Yeah I just went ahead and roled with those special teams settings. The CPU still hits alot of deep kicks with those settings. I think where you have it they'll be attempting too many 60 yarders. Haha!

Yeah the black set will give you a great challenge man.. The games are very intensed and you have to stay 100 percent focused all game..
Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 AM   #2925
Rookie

prezidentj33's Arena

OVR: 2

Just something of note when changing sliders in your seasons. Maybe some of you know this and maybe some of you don't but if you change your sliders in your season and save your game it resets all player injuries.

I had Julio Jones gone for 6 weeks and I tweaked a slider, saved my profile and season and no more injuries not only for me but for all the teams. I'm not sure if it just does that if you save it right away or what.

Figured i'd throw that out there incase anyone sees this happening. That's why. I save all the time because i'm paranoid the game will freeze or power will shut off for a second or what have you.

Hope this helps

The prez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #2926
Pro

rattlesnake31368's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezidentj33
Just something of note when changing sliders in your seasons. Maybe some of you know this and maybe some of you don't but if you change your sliders in your season and save your game it resets all player injuries.

I had Julio Jones gone for 6 weeks and I tweaked a slider, saved my profile and season and no more injuries not only for me but for all the teams. I'm not sure if it just does that if you save it right away or what.

Figured i'd throw that out there incase anyone sees this happening. That's why. I save all the time because i'm paranoid the game will freeze or power will shut off for a second or what have you.

Hope this helps

The prez
I realized that today when my rb who was suppose to be out for 6 weeks came back in like 2 i just thought i read his injury wrong and it was someone else being that multiple people on my team are always hurt but after you said that i went on and checked and no one on my team is injured
Old 11-25-2012, 02:31 AM   #2927
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Ok made some key updates to the sliders..

On all 4 sets the I lowered USER breaktackles to 40, raised the USER fumbles to 35, lowered the USER tackling to 40, raised the USER rush reaction to 35, lowered the USER INTs to 20 and raised the USER pass reaction to 55.

I decided to lower the USER breaktackles to 40 so I can match the USER fumbles with the CPUs fumbles at 35 and I went ahead and lowered the USER tackling to 40 to match up with the USER breaktackles at 40 for guys who are using my sliders in USER vs USER games. I was seeing some terrible performances from the CPU QBs throwing way too many INTs for my taste so I decided to lower the USER INTs to 20 and raise the USER pass reaction to 55 to help open up there passing game some..

On the Red set I lowered the CPUs breaktackles to 55.

On the Blue set I lowered the CPUs breaktackles to 65.

On the Black set I lowered the CPUs breaktackles to 75.

I decided to tone down the CPUs breaktackles on these 3 sets.. I was seeing a few too many breaktackles on the black set and since I lowered the USER tackling to 40 I had to drop down the CPUs breaktackles.. There run game is still good but it's much more balanced.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #2928
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezidentj33

Hope this helps

The prez
This is true if you begin your career with pre-existing injuries OFF, however if you started with them ON, it does not erase the injuries each time you change anything.

So if you are starting a new CCM I would suggest starting with pre-existing injuries ON if you want to be able to change sliders all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »