Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #1337
Rookie

CaptainJ's Arena

OVR: 0
These sliders COMPLETELY changed my game. I was on week 8 of CCM with the Eagles, playing with default sliders and I BLASTED the Falcons. The score was 57-20, Vick had 555 passing yards with 3 Tds, and McCoy had 204 yds and 3 tds. I thought I could never achieve those stats without blowing my opponent out. I was wrong. Week 9 vs the Saints- the game was so much more fun. Vick threw 5 tds and 1 pick. Brees threw 3 tds and 1 pick. Take a look at these pics and you will be amazed. The first close game I have had. Look at the rushing specifically. The CPU has never ran for more than 80 yards. Also, look at the scoring summary.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349536590.191014.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349536609.801654.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349536630.471615.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1349536642.069693.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349536762.701156.jpg (167.1 KB, 147 views)
Old 10-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #1338
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJ
These sliders COMPLETELY changed my game. I was on week 8 of CCM with the Eagles, playing with default sliders and I BLASTED the Falcons. The score was 57-20, Vick had 555 passing yards with 3 Tds, and McCoy had 204 yds and 3 tds. I thought I could never achieve those stats without blowing my opponent out. I was wrong. Week 9 vs the Saints- the game was so much more fun. Vick threw 5 tds and 1 pick. Brees threw 3 tds and 1 pick. Take a look at these pics and you will be amazed. The first close game I have had. Look at the rushing specifically. The CPU has never ran for more than 80 yards. Also, look at the scoring summary.
Attachment 50497 Attachment 50498 Attachment 50499Attachment 50500
Good stuff. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #1339
Rookie

CaptainJ's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Good stuff. Thanks for the feedback.
It would only let me attach 5 pictures. Also, I am using a slightly modified version of your sliders. I was down 34-17 in the fourth quarter, when I scored a touchdown to make it 34 to 24. I was finally able to contain Sproles and got the ball back with 7 minutes left. I scored one more time and was down by three. Sadly, I was called on a Roughing the Passer penalty by Babin. That was my fault. They got into field goal range and kicked a field goal. I had all three time outs left with 2:50 left. On first down on the 30 yard line, my heart skipped a beat: Vick was hit and fumbled! A huge skirmish ensued; luckily we recovered. I punted the ball back with 2:00 and the Saints took possession at their own 40 yard line. Sproles then proceeded to rush for a first down. I used 2 time outs, and on second down he smashed the nail in the coffin. But wait; his knee was down inches short! They let the clock tick down to around 50 seconds and ran a play. I brought the house, but Brees dropped back to pass!! I thought I was done for, but he handed the ball off on a draw. Sproles was smushed for a loss of five. On the punt return, I took the ball out to the 15. Three incomplete passes later, it was 4th and ten. I through a curve to the sideline, and Jackson caught it barely for a first down! A few plays later with 25 seconds left on my own 35 yard line, I threw a deep pass down the middle for a huge first down! On the 28, I was able to spike the ball with 1 second left. I had no clue what to do since Jackson and Maclin were both out for a break, so I called 4 Verticals. There was heavy pressure, so I lobbed the ball deep in the endzone to Terrell Owens (I signed him in free agency). How 'bout that ball hawk feature? Turns out it works for Receivers. TOUCHDOWN OWENS! That was one of the most exciting finishes I have had.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #1340
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Man, these really have changed my appreciation for the game. I'm 2-3 now with CLE, and one of my wins was on a lucky streak with :15 on the clock.

I can really tell that talent governs the outcome quite heavily, though it is possible to shock superior teams if you get all the chips falling your way. I have a total of 7 good players on that team, and I can tell. It's hard as hell to move the ball with Weeden's inconsistency and that group of receivers.

The only consistent piece has been Richardson, who runs with great power and just enough burst to get you those 15-20 yard explosive plays from time to time.

On defense, we've got some talent, but it's so spread apart that we're vulnerable in all phases of the game.

Every game feels different. I played BAL @ their place two games ago, stopped Ray Rice dead in his tracks all game (after giving up 125 to Fred Jackson the week prior), and wound up winning a shocking 22-0 game.

Then I went to NYG and got whooped. Eli topped 300 w/ 3 TDs, their WR attacked the ball at the point and won. Bradshaw was up over 4.5 YPC. They dropped me 30-0. Absolutely nothing worked.

Any given Sunday, man.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #1341
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Have a startling development in regard to CPU Run/pass ratio i will post soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #1342
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

So, before I start I have to admit I goofed and entered Charter's personal set instead of the Play Now set.

Still, I played what was the most enjoyable game of Madden 13 since my purchase. I won a shootout with the Giants over the Browns, 52-45. It was refreshing to see the CPU run the ball effectively; Richardson scored on 99-yard run (not a typo).

I can see why this set isn't compatible with Play Now for the long haul; I only threw 3 incompletions, the CPU broke close to 15 tackles, which led to the super-high rushing totals.

I've played a few test CCM's and can see this set working well in that mode. I am going to just start one up to kill time before the patch and see what the results are.

Thanks again for the sliders. Even with my goof, I had a great game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #1343
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

I've used these sliders since the beginning of my offline CCM and wanted to give my input on them. I'm using the first set (with normal speed):

I'd like to preface this by saying that obviously everything changes based on player skill. I like to think that I'm better than most people at playing Madden, so the set is going to be easier for some and harder for others, just the nature of all sliders. But just keep in mind that these thoughts are coming from someone who I think is pretty good at this game since I seem to only lose one or two games a year in my online CCM's haha. That's my only basis to go on.

I have moved quarter length down to 11 minutes from 15 and with 11 seconds on the accelerated clock. At 15 minutes (and even if it's just 11 minutes at 15 seconds for AC) I feel like there are way more plays being run than needed. Not necessarily too many "plays" I guess because I was only running about 55-70 plays with the 15/15 setting, but I was gaining 500-600 yards every time and scoring 50+, so I turned it down to 11/11 and it seems to have tempered things a little bit. If you are someone who always hurries your players to the LOS after calling a play, I highly suggest it.

I feel that the human passing seems to be too easy, particularly good WR's getting off the press. The WR rarely actually gets pressed at the line and usually gets a step on the DB after maybe five yards and you can get 17-20 yard gains every time. The problem is I don't know if this can be remedied via sliders because pass reaction isn't really going to help that particular problem. Either way, I'm completing 78% of passes for 325-500 yards a game with 3-5 TD and maybe one pick every other game. So I'm going to have to mess around with something there. It might just be a matter of turning down WR catching just to get more drops or QB accuracy to get more misses. The main culprit still seems to be CPU AI being out of position and again, I don't think pass reaction would fix that.

There are a TON of human fumbles. I'm averaging probably four fumbles a game, even when using the cover ball button before every single hit I take. On the flip side, the CPU maybe fumbles once every two or three games it seems.

Also to do with that, my team through 14 weeks has three interceptions. Three. The baffling part is that the CPU is only completing 41% of passes. Even more baffling, my team leads the NFL in pass deflections with nearly 80 through 14 weeks. So they are getting to the balls, just not catching them. However, I don't want to turn human INT up and make things even worse. On the flip side, I don't want to turn QB Accuracy for the computer up to increase completion percentage but then make it even harder to get interceptions. So it seems like a catch-22.

The CPU RB's do seem to be pretty super human at time. Maybe 10% of plays end with the first player on my defense making the tackle. Nearly every single time on a run play, no matter the RB, there is at least one and usually two, broken tackles.

Lastly, I moved up both Kickoffs and FG Length. Even the best kickers in the league were struggling getting the ball to the goal-line on kickoffs and hitting FG's over 48-49 yards. Most times now in the NFL, nearly every kicker has the leg to get the ball there from up to 60 yards, so I turned both of those up three notches and it seems to be perfect.

Oh, and the other thing I wanted to mention wasn't a gameplay slider issue, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get my RB's rotated more. The WR's, TE's, and OL all seem to rotate out after about 8-9 plays in a row (yes, even the OL), but the RB's can stay in there nearly the whole game. Even running the ball 25-30 times a game, my starter is only ever fatigued enough to come out for maybe three plays. So I'm messing with that slider. On defense, I think the subs might be a little *too* much at DL and DB. Those positions are both getting whole-sale changes after maybe three plays, while the LB's almost never come out.

Finally, I'm not sure how to fix holding calls. Maybe one out of every five kickoff returns goes off without a holding penalty on my team, but I rarely get holding calls on the o-line during the regular pace of play.

So anyway, those are my thoughts! A great set to start with and tweak from.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #1344
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
I've used these sliders since the beginning of my offline CCM and wanted to give my input on them. I'm using the first set (with normal speed):

I'd like to preface this by saying that obviously everything changes based on player skill. I like to think that I'm better than most people at playing Madden, so the set is going to be easier for some and harder for others, just the nature of all sliders. But just keep in mind that these thoughts are coming from someone who I think is pretty good at this game since I seem to only lose one or two games a year in my online CCM's haha. That's my only basis to go on.

I have moved quarter length down to 11 minutes from 15 and with 11 seconds on the accelerated clock. At 15 minutes (and even if it's just 11 minutes at 15 seconds for AC) I feel like there are way more plays being run than needed. Not necessarily too many "plays" I guess because I was only running about 55-70 plays with the 15/15 setting, but I was gaining 500-600 yards every time and scoring 50+, so I turned it down to 11/11 and it seems to have tempered things a little bit. If you are someone who always hurries your players to the LOS after calling a play, I highly suggest it.

I feel that the human passing seems to be too easy, particularly good WR's getting off the press. The WR rarely actually gets pressed at the line and usually gets a step on the DB after maybe five yards and you can get 17-20 yard gains every time. The problem is I don't know if this can be remedied via sliders because pass reaction isn't really going to help that particular problem. Either way, I'm completing 78% of passes for 325-500 yards a game with 3-5 TD and maybe one pick every other game. So I'm going to have to mess around with something there. It might just be a matter of turning down WR catching just to get more drops or QB accuracy to get more misses. The main culprit still seems to be CPU AI being out of position and again, I don't think pass reaction would fix that.

There are a TON of human fumbles. I'm averaging probably four fumbles a game, even when using the cover ball button before every single hit I take. On the flip side, the CPU maybe fumbles once every two or three games it seems.

Also to do with that, my team through 14 weeks has three interceptions. Three. The baffling part is that the CPU is only completing 41% of passes. Even more baffling, my team leads the NFL in pass deflections with nearly 80 through 14 weeks. So they are getting to the balls, just not catching them. However, I don't want to turn human INT up and make things even worse. On the flip side, I don't want to turn QB Accuracy for the computer up to increase completion percentage but then make it even harder to get interceptions. So it seems like a catch-22.

The CPU RB's do seem to be pretty super human at time. Maybe 10% of plays end with the first player on my defense making the tackle. Nearly every single time on a run play, no matter the RB, there is at least one and usually two, broken tackles.

Lastly, I moved up both Kickoffs and FG Length. Even the best kickers in the league were struggling getting the ball to the goal-line on kickoffs and hitting FG's over 48-49 yards. Most times now in the NFL, nearly every kicker has the leg to get the ball there from up to 60 yards, so I turned both of those up three notches and it seems to be perfect.

Oh, and the other thing I wanted to mention wasn't a gameplay slider issue, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get my RB's rotated more. The WR's, TE's, and OL all seem to rotate out after about 8-9 plays in a row (yes, even the OL), but the RB's can stay in there nearly the whole game. Even running the ball 25-30 times a game, my starter is only ever fatigued enough to come out for maybe three plays. So I'm messing with that slider. On defense, I think the subs might be a little *too* much at DL and DB. Those positions are both getting whole-sale changes after maybe three plays, while the LB's almost never come out.

Finally, I'm not sure how to fix holding calls. Maybe one out of every five kickoff returns goes off without a holding penalty on my team, but I rarely get holding calls on the o-line during the regular pace of play.

So anyway, those are my thoughts! A great set to start with and tweak from.
The normal set is too easy for me too. you might want to try my personal set. It is more difficult for me. Thanks for the feed back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »