Home

Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #1777
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Madden Sim Sliders

I played a few more games in the Cowboys CCM. I finished the season with a 12-4 record. Got the #1 sead. I beat the Bears in the divisional round 27-20 to go to the NFC championship game. I will post some season two stats soon. This was a really fun season. I was a challenge for sure. I haven't enjoyed a Madden Franchise mode like this since Madden 06 on PS2.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #1778
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I don't know why but, I really started trying to figure out how Madden comes up with overall ratings. I wondered what ratings they use for each player and how much each rating mattered. I am far from cracking the code but, I thought with a little help I might be able to.

I wanted to know why, just to see what ratings they use and this could lead to finding out what ratings matter the most for each position. So far I am looking at the OL.

I was very surprised how few of the ratings actually affected the overall.

This is what I did to test the importance that EA places on each rating. I created on OL player and just raised and lowered each rating to see if the overall was raised or lowered.

The only ratings that had any impact on the overall for the test player was Strength, Agility, Speed, Acceleration, Awareness, Pass Block, Run Block, and Impact Block.

I then needed to find out how many clicks it took to raise or lower the over all by one point. Here are the findings.

Strength took 5 clicks
Agility 22 clicks
Speed 22 clicks
Acceleration 22 clicks
Awareness 4 clicks
Pass Block 2 clicks
Run Block 3 clicks
Impact Block 12 clicks

You can go and test these yourself.

As you can see EA counts certain ratings as much more important to an OL players.

The next thing I did was find the percent of those ratings out of 99.

Strength 19.8%
Agility 4.5%
Speed 4.5%
Acceleration 4.5%
Awareness 24.75%
Pass Block 49.5%
Run Block 33%
Impact Block 8.25%

This gives you the percent number as far as the importance it has on overall rating for OL.

I still don't know how to use all this and get the overall but, I got pretty close.

I took Donald Penn 87 overall. I took all those ratings that apply and multiplied them by the percent.

For example: 95 strength multiplied by .198 equals 18.81. Then I added all the numbers up and got 129.70. This is not 87 of coarse. I decided then to round the numbers down or up and came up with 130. I took that number and subtracted 87 (his overall) and got 43. I did this for another player that had and overall of 65. His total was 108. I subtracted 43 and got 65. I tried it again but, I was off by two.

I don't know how they come up with the overall but, I think I am on to something. If this helps anyone then great. If you can help me figure it out then great.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #1779
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I'm starting to think Awareness doesn't matter at all. I knew it didn't matter for a user controlled player but, he played the same with the CPU controlling him. I gave Orton 0 awareness and he played exactly the same.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #1780
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I also made a tackle with 99 run and pass block and 99 strength. Gave him 0 awareness. He played like an all pro
Old 02-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #1781
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I have been testing Awareness and play recognition. Neither seem to do anything in game. That goes for CPU controlled players and user controlled ones
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #1782
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I think I might do a Madden CCM or just Madden in general guide. The study I'm doing with the ratings is really interesting. I guess I should be mad that so many ratings don't do anything when you play the game but, I'm just glad to know what I'm dealing with.

I did more testing and it seems awareness does nothing for offensive or defensive players in-game. I turning awareness down to 0 for all of Dallas' players and they didn't play any different. I also turned down play recognition to 0. The only thing this seemed to affect was the reaction to play action and draw plays. The funny thing was I liked the way the defense reacted to those plays better. It made the LB's actually bite on the fakes. On normal plays I saw no difference with the Play recognition turn down. Another thing I noticed was on the play now team select screen, Dallas' rating didn't go down any with the changes I made. I don't know yet if these ratings matter in simulation games in CCM. I will test it.

I played the Dallas team with Washington and used my sliders. At half time it was 10-10. Romo played good. Everything was good. I felt no advantage at all with my team having normal awareness or play recognition.

This seems to be the only ratings used in a game.

Agility-QB's and other skill players
Strength-Everyone except QB's
Speed- Everyone
ACC-Everyone
Throw power-QB's
All Accuracy Sliders-QB's. Not sure if the broken down accuracy sliders work.
Throw on the run-QB's
PA-QB's
Catch, CIT, Route running, Spectacular CtH, -Most players
Coverage Ratings-Defensive players
BC Vision- Offensive skill players. This is huge
Ball control-Skill Players. Didn't seems to matter for the QB
The ratings that the right stick uses are also used. Juke,Truck
Run Block and Pass Block and impact block.
Tackle, Big hit, and the DL moves.
Block shed. This was huge.

There are other rating I having tested yet.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #1783
Banned

OVR: 1

What about elusiveness? For RB?
Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #1784
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck2303
What about elusiveness? For RB?
That rating does have an effect on the overall rating. That rating seems to be like trucking. Most guys that have high elusiveness have lower trucking. It seems to help the player to slide off tackles better. It also triggers those animations when you use the truck stick I think. It does seem to matter some.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »