Home

Realistic and Fun Game Play Sliders for Offline Franchise Mode vs CPU

This is a discussion on Realistic and Fun Game Play Sliders for Offline Franchise Mode vs CPU within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Realistic and Fun Game Play Sliders for Offline Franchise Mode vs CPU

GamerTag: OhMrHanky
PlayerSliders: REALFUNSIMSLIDERS31
CpuSliders: REALFUNSIMSLIDERS31

Alright, guys. Been working on these sliders for awhile, and I really like the way the game is playing right now. I've ONLY been using these sliders in Offline Franchise Mode as that's the mode I play the most, so I'm not sure how these would perform in any other mode. They are online for download if you want to try them out. Look up my gamertag, OhMrHanky, and do NOT download the other set I created. I created those the first day to try out a set of Zero sliders to see if the game played well (in madden 13, I had a nice set of mostly Zero sliders that played realistic). Those didn't end up working so well in Madden 25. So, i started with Blue Ninja's slider set and tweaked them till they played the way I liked them. Thank You Blue Ninja for a starting point. Here's the breakdown:

Player Sliders: REALFUNSIMSLIDERS31:
QB Acc - 32
Pass Blocking - 20
WR Catch - 83
Run Blocking - 22
Fumbles - 25
Pass Rx Time - 31
Interceptions - 47
Pass Coverage - 31
Tackling - 31

Cpu Sliders: REALFUNSIMSLIDERS31:
QB Acc - 32
Pass Blocking - 20
WR Catch - 83
Run Blocking - 27
Fumbles - 25
Pass Rx Time - 31
Interceptions - 47
Pass Coverage - 31
Tackling - 31

Other Settings of Note:
Injuries - 30
Min Speed Threshold - 32
Gameplay Speed - FAST
Skill Level - All-Madden
Qtr. Length - 15 min
Acc Clock - yes
Min Play Clock Time - 16 sec

Penalty Sliders
Offside-55
False Start-54
Holding-54
Face Mask-54
Defensive Passing Interference-60
Offensive Passing Interference-60
Punt Catch Interference-54
Clipping-52
Intentional Grounding-54
Roughing the Passer-54
Roughing the Kicker-54

Explanation of some things:
You'll see I called both of my slider settings REALFUNSIMSLIDERS31. I called them this because I feel like the game plays fairly realistically, but it also plays fun. If you play football well and understand formations and strategies, when to blitz, when to play zone, man, and just general football knowledge, I think you will enjoy this set. I put the number, 31, on the end of these. The reason for this is that while playing with these sliders and tweaking them, I believe I found a strange characteristic of the sliders being that the difference between setting many of the sliders at 31 or 32 causes a MAJOR change in how the game performs. The best example I can give for this (try it out if you like) is for QB Acc (for player OR cpu). If you set this to 31, you will throw errant passes when you shouldn't and see more dropped passes than you should imo. Same for the Cpu, at 31, you will see him doing a lot of strange things, making more poor decisions, taking more sacks, throwing more incomplete passes. However, at 32, you will throw the ball where you TELL it to throw it, but if there is tight coverage, you may throw an errant pass (on purpose, perhaps to avoid an int?), or your WR will drop it. Same thing goes for the Cpu, at 32, he seems to make the proper, and quicker decisions throwing to the correct WR most of the time and not taking sacks all the time. Also, if you play against SF or SEA with Kap or Wilson, with the QB Acc set at 32, they WILL run on you and they WILL gain yards unless you have a QB Spy on most plays. At 32, they make the correct and quick read seeing the lane to run in, and since they like to run, BANG! they take off down the field. Same thing goes for the tackling. At 31, you now have the ability to break tackles. At 32, It feels like anytime a defender hits you, you go down, no matter what your truck rating may be, or whether you try a juke or not. 31 feels just right. You break tackles when you should (with a good truck/stiff arm rating against a smaller DB), and the cpu breaks tackles when they should as well. Fumbles, for me, needed to be dropped to 25 to see a few more. The mix between WR catching - 83 and Interceptions - 47 seems to feel 'perfect' to me. What you see here is a few dive catches, some spec catches here and there, most wide open passes WILL be caught as they should, and most WRs will try to toe tap, and the WRs that are better at this will do it the most. With Interceptions at 47, you will see what you should see, a higher percentage of batted balls with the occasional timely and realistically appropriate Interception when the player is in the correct position and the ball is thrown to him. This number, 47, I feel very STRONGLY about. At 46 or 45, you seem to see ONLY batted balls and missed Interceptions on what should be an easy wide open Interception. At 48, you will see EVERYTHING intercepted and fewer batted balls.
DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY set your game speed to FAST!!! I do NOT understand how ANYONE plays this game on NORMAL or heaven forbid, SLOW. Playing on these levels makes all of the players feel like they are running (more like walking) in quicksand. FAST feels like the real speed of the NFL and is a MUST. Min Speed threshold feels appropriate at 32. This was the setting given by Blue Ninja. I tried it at 31, and felt like I was being caught from behind constantly by lineman and just didn't feel real. 32 feels pretty much perfect.

Overall, what I'm seeing from these sliders is real gameplay. I play with the Falcons, so I've got a pretty stacked team on offense and have improved my defense in franchise (had to get a wicked MLB as Akeem Dent just can NOT get the job done). I run the ball well, and pass short a lot with the occasional deep ball to White or Jones. I throw plenty of Int's from time to time, but when I do, they feel 'real' in that I made a poor read, threw to a covered guy, and BAM, Interception. On both sides of the ball, I definitely see some incompletions when everyone is covered, coverage sacks from time to time, blitz sacks from time to time, QB scrambling from time to time. Really, I feel like I see everything you see on Sunday every game. Another point on WR catching. 83 seems perfect as well. Strangely, at a higher setting, say 85, what you will see is that unbelieveably ANNOYING animation from every catch where the WR comes back to the ball for NO reason instead of standing his ground, catching the ball and turning upfield. This normally results in a loss of yardage instead of a 5-10 yard gain, so I wouldn't UP this rating. 83 also helps STOP RBs from running out of bounds after they catch a ball in the flat.

Anyways, these are online. Give em a try. I'd love to hear input. I, overall, just want this game to play real, that's my overall goal, and I'm enjoying these sliders right now and feel like I'm playing real games with more emphasis on strategy than 'money plays'.

Later,

OhMrHanky

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 09-15-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: adding some info on penalty sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Realistic and Fun Game Play Sliders for Offline Franchise Mode vs CPU

Interesting set. What is your fatigue setting at?
Old 09-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fins
Interesting set. What is your fatigue setting at?

I think I have Fatigue set at 52, but admittedly am not seeing amazing fatigue. Although, by the 4th qtr, Stephen Jackson is usually yellow, and all throughout the game, I sub in here and there myself to keep most players fresh. I'm personally not strongly interested in fatigue as I'm seeing some legitimate fatigue and earlier playing madden 25 was seeing ridiculous fatigue set at 50 from Julio Jones
Immediately starting in the 2nd half! I mean, really, he wasn't fatigued going into the half, but apparently got worked over hardcore by the coaches in the locker room and was just beat, so I'm not sure how I feel about the fatigue in general. It seems like no matter the setting, my RB is actually mostly fine throughout the game, and I give Jackson roughly 20 carries/game, but my WRs are beat whether I throw to them or not, so I'm probably not the guy to talk to about fatigue.
I have recently set a lot of penalties to 31 as I'm testing out my 31/32 theory mentioned in my previous post. I'm actually curious to see if setting FG ACC to 31 will cause some random misses from distance.
And, I will say even with injuries at 30, I keep getting them, so I think that's ok (I mean, injuries do happen, but for purposes of keeping the game fun, I'd rather play mostly with my starting QB and other starters than constantly playing with backups because every one of my starters is out with a broken jaw. lol).
Old 09-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
Banned

I definitely agree. I'm a coach mode player and have been tweaking a my set to find a balance in the run game. I notice that your run blocking is the only setting that is not equal. Are you getting a legitimate run game from both the human and cpu? Thank you in advance for your response.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
I definitely agree. I'm a coach mode player and have been tweaking a my set to find a balance in the run game. I notice that your run blocking is the only setting that is not equal. Are you getting a legitimate run game from both the human and cpu? Thank you in advance for your response.
yeah, this is a tricky situation to judge. I, myself, definitely have a good running game with the occasional tough going. Against an average D, I get 100 yds with Jackson, and I expect to get 100 yds. I have been upping the cpu run blocking incrementally lately, but feel fairly comfortable with this rating. I originally had it set lower and played against the Vikings and Peterson only had 60-70 yds. As much as I enjoy winning, I was expecting to see him have a bigger game. I will say, however, that I keyed on him constantly and purposely set up tougher run stopping Defensive alignment to force them to make Ponder beat me. So, I feel the running game is close to being correct. The player tackling slider impacts this as well. The lower the player tackling, the more the RB not only breaks tackles, but he also reads holes and situations better to completely avoid being tackled at all, it's as if he 'feels' the defenders better and sooner and avoids them better. I also had a game where mjd simply ate me alive! I didn't key on him as much as I should have and he took off for like 150 yds or so. As far as the avg game against the avg back, I feel like this Run blocking setting allows for them to set the edge decently and get a decent push up field for up the middle runs. And, I also feel this setting does allow for the ratings of the offensive lineman to dictate what happens. Play against the 49ers if you don't believe me! lol. With these ratings (or something close to them as I've been tweaking them for a week or 2), SF's Oline pushed me ALL OVER THE PLACE!! Kap went off, Gore went off. I lost that game by 20, actually, and could not stop the run. Also, against the Packers, Clay Matthews was killing my run game, and I believe I ran for only 60 yds or so off 20 carries, so there's a case in point of struggling against a good D.
So, I guess, in conclusion, I'll say this. For me, right now, I believe these settings (player and cpu) allow me to run well and allow the cpu to run well, and they allow the cpu to run REALLY well if they have a good oline. So, it's fairly realistic, I believe, but is definitely tweakable. If you're purely simming, and not playing at all, I'm not sure, you may want player and cpu both set to the same number and for that, I'm not sure whether 20 would be good, or 27?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
Banned

Thanks so much for your responses. I am actually going to try these out and see what happens in my Dolphins franchise tonight after the 49ers/Seahawks game. I am 2-1 on the season so far and i play against the Saints tonight so i should be facing a battle in the passing game. On a note for injuries and fatigue, I'm almost at a point that I want to zero each out together because none of them appear realistic. It just takes them element out of situational personnel in the game. This is definately the most fun i have had with madden in a while. I also have not played on fast, but i will try it out tonight. What may I ask, do you have auto subs and special teams on?
Old 09-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Thanks so much for your responses. I am actually going to try these out and see what happens in my Dolphins franchise tonight after the 49ers/Seahawks game. I am 2-1 on the season so far and i play against the Saints tonight so i should be facing a battle in the passing game. On a note for injuries and fatigue, I'm almost at a point that I want to zero each out together because none of them appear realistic. It just takes them element out of situational personnel in the game. This is definately the most fun i have had with madden in a while. I also have not played on fast, but i will try it out tonight. What may I ask, do you have auto subs and special teams on?
The only thing I changed in Special Teams is FG Acc to 31. I had it set to 35 and didn't see any misses. I just set it to 31 for both player and cpu, but have yet to play with this setting. I would like to see the kicks swerve or something, hook or something occasionally with most FGs being successful, but maybe add a bit of drama to it. So, I'll play a game tonite to see, but I think that's all I care to change, and as I've said, I've got that 31/32 theory, and i really think this will affect FGs, or I'm at least curious to see if the theory holds up. Everything else Special Teams is at default of 50. I think these settings are fine. One could argue that more kickoffs should go into the end zone, but I see plenty go there, and I purposely angle my kick slightly up to give it more loft and try to land it on the goaline, so that they return it shorter than 20 yd line and/or I stick em for the fumble. That's my own personal strategy and I would think there are teams in the NFL that employ it as well. And, there are teams that simply don't want to risk a return, so they boot it through the end zone. Either way, I think the power is just fine. I have played with making punting accuracy better as I would like the punt to go where I'm aiming it a bit more to get those nice coffin corner kicks inside the 5 yard line (which, I already do alright, but I guess you could up this for the cpu as well to pin you inside your 10 yard line more if you wanted a little more realism).
My auto subs are totally default at this point, and once again, I'm not huge on fatigue, and I personally sub from time to time during the game either with personell changes or choosing a formation, seeing my WR is tired, and specifically subbing him out of that particular formation for that particular play, and bringing him back in after a play or 2. So, I guess ultimately, I'm fine with the fatigue, and I personally monitor it throughout the game instead of letting the game decide. That being said, I also do it even if the player doesn't appear to be tired. Example, I've run Jackson on 3 straight plays. The first 2 gained 5 yards total. The 3rd play gained 10-15 yds and he fought for some yards. The game at this point may not 'say' he's tired, but I 'know' he is, so I either select the HB spell package from whatever formation I pick next, or pick him out to sub in another back. All of this can be done fairly easily from the play call screen once you get used to the flow, so that's my personal preference on subbing.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Penalties - are they defaulted?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »