Home

Can anyone help save Madden for me?

This is a discussion on Can anyone help save Madden for me? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can anyone help save Madden for me?

Hi all! Love the forum. So long story short playing Madden (franchise/CCM) is one of the few things in my life where I get the chance to relax and just have fun. I wound up using sliders for the first time last year (Jarodds to be exact) and they worked well. I started M25 with the Jags and within 3 seasons had them at 15-1 with a dominant superbowl win. All-pro is too easy and barring a fluke game where i throw stupid picks i run the table. I tried a season with All Madden, but went 0-2 because the run game racked up about 175 yds each time for my opponent. I think ive solved the injury problem by lowering them to 25 but other than that im lost.

I've tried a bunch of different combinations, but I can't seem to get it right. Can anyone recommend me a set that would work? I was playing competitive games on All Madden, but they were just a bit too hard and unrealistic for me. I just want my old madden back lol

Any help would be insanely appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
Rookie

wech's Arena

Re: Can anyone help save Madden for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock142
Hi all! Love the forum. So long story short playing Madden (franchise/CCM) is one of the few things in my life where I get the chance to relax and just have fun. I wound up using sliders for the first time last year (Jarodds to be exact) and they worked well. I started M25 with the Jags and within 3 seasons had them at 15-1 with a dominant superbowl win. All-pro is too easy and barring a fluke game where i throw stupid picks i run the table. I tried a season with All Madden, but went 0-2 because the run game racked up about 175 yds each time for my opponent. I think ive solved the injury problem by lowering them to 25 but other than that im lost.

I've tried a bunch of different combinations, but I can't seem to get it right. Can anyone recommend me a set that would work? I was playing competitive games on All Madden, but they were just a bit too hard and unrealistic for me. I just want my old madden back lol

Any help would be insanely appreciated
The billion dollar question year in and year out. I'd say just start testing each slider set and see which one(s) work best for you and go with those. There are a lot of great sets here at OS. Thats really the only advice that can be given because it's all opinion based.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply! Yea the problem is I've tried a ton already and just am about to give up. I'm wondering if anyone is at the same point or was and then found something that was close to All Madden but just more realistic. I'm not good at calling defensive plays and i go with ask madden so I have a feeling that might be my problem.

I'm going to keep plugging them in though lol
Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Rookie

wech's Arena

Well good luck to you for sure. Its so hard to find the right set. I hope you do. Dont give up...M25 is a good game and with a set of sliders to your liking, it can be a lot of fun. I just wish we all didnt have to go through "slider-itis" each year. If the game was great out of the box...no searching for that perfect slider set.....imagine that! That would be so great. Maybe someday....
Oh and by the way, try the FBG rosters. They're available for both PS3 and Xbox. Check them out. Awesome rosters. They really help make the game play better in addition to a good set of sliders.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

Its about getting a good base set and just tweaking that base to your preference.
I've decided to give my base set a good fighting chance for the CPU O and D to compete, and not have all these high scoring games that default All Madden does.

If you haven't found a good base yet, try these.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...en-custom.html

The base I'm using was updated on pg. 2 post 18 & 19.

I lost my last game vs Broncos(CPU)
Mind you, Champ and Von Miller were healthy and it made for a tough outing for RG3 and my skins

I may not have all the stars of other threads but I've studied the top sets and they all have a lot of similarities. I want Defense to matter, so far the set I'm using does allow for good D to show on the field(players ratings etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »