Home

The Real Madden 2006??

This is a discussion on The Real Madden 2006?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 02:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
The Real Madden 2006??

Ok what happened to Madden 2006?? I Just took a look at the madden 2006 screenshots and someone has to please tell me this is a joke? Please tell me this is an April Fool's Day Joke! No way these are 2006 screenshots, I think someone mixed these up with the 2005 screenshots! If these are truly the new Madden 2006 screenshots, well this is going to be a very disappointing year for Madden football and their fans.. I really truely thought that EA would step up this year especially since they now have the NFL licensing.. You would think since your spending so much money buying out the Licensing so that no one else can have it, you would create a game well worthy of that!!! Instead of spending all that money on the License EA, you should of spent it on creating a better football game( or should I say more realistic looking one!) to please and satisfy your loyal fans! ops: If this is the new Madden, this is the most pathetic display of a football game.. I know alot of you Fans are going to disagree with me, but deep down inside you all know what i'm saying is true.. You all will agree these screenshots of 2006 are pathetic.. What do you think of EA now? If this was done by Tiburon, they should of been fired a long time ago!! These graphics have been childish and cartoonish for a while now, and they continue to be?? Take Two & Sega creators of Espn 2k series must be laughing as this moment, probably thinking right now we still have a chance on succeeding even with a no name generic game! Who needs a License when the competition can't even make a realistic game? This is typical of that money hungry company, add a couple of new features and forget about the rest! That will keep our fans going for a while.. Hell we own everthing.. Why bother?? If the Graphics didn't change what makes you think the animation will?? Sorry but most likely that will be the same too, with maybe an extra different looking tackle animation here and there.. Most of ya'll will deny it, but when you get the 2006 version in your hands and it's the same thing as 2005, you'll know what I mean.. Most of you will still deny it like always because your die hard Madden fans, but someday you will realize I have had enough of the same old thing.. I was a die hard Maddden fan too, until Espn 2k series opened my eyes.. Regardless of what company creates a Football game, if it's realistic, looks good, and well created, I'm not going to be stupid and close my eyes and be in denial... Well I guess will continue playing espn 2k5 or hopefully maybe the New generic Espn 2k6, even with no License this game kicks ***! Maybe thats why EA got scared and tried to License everything in the world!!??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 02:38 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Re: The Real Madden 2006??

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmore
Ok what happened to Madden 2006?? I Just took a look at the madden 2006 screenshots and someone has to please tell me this is a joke? Please tell me this is an April Fool's Day Joke! No way these are 2006 screenshots, I think someone mixed these up with the 2005 screenshots! If these are truly the new Madden 2006 screenshots, well this is going to be a very disappointing year for Madden football and their fans.. I really truely thought that EA would step up this year especially since they now have the NFL licensing.. You would think since your spending so much money buying out the Licensing so that no one else can have it, you would create a game well worthy of that!!! Instead of spending all that money on the License EA, you should of spent it on creating a better football game( or should I say more realistic looking one!) to please and satisfy your loyal fans! ops: If this is the new Madden, this is the most pathetic display of a football game.. I know alot of you Fans are going to disagree with me, but deep down inside you all know what i'm saying is true.. You all will agree these screenshots of 2006 are pathetic.. What do you think of EA now? If this was done by Tiburon, they should of been fired a long time ago!! These graphics have been childish and cartoonish for a while now, and they continue to be?? Take Two & Sega creators of Espn 2k series must be laughing as this moment, probably thinking right now we still have a chance on succeeding even with a no name generic game! Who needs a License when the competition can't even make a realistic game? This is typical of that money hungry company, add a couple of new features and forget about the rest! That will keep our fans going for a while.. Hell we own everthing.. Why bother?? If the Graphics didn't change what makes you think the animation will?? Sorry but most likely that will be the same too, with maybe an extra different looking tackle animation here and there.. Most of ya'll will deny it, but when you get the 2006 version in your hands and it's the same thing as 2005, you'll know what I mean.. Most of you will still deny it like always because your die hard Madden fans, but someday you will realize I have had enough of the same old thing.. I was a die hard Maddden fan too, until Espn 2k series opened my eyes.. Regardless of what company creates a Football game, if it's realistic, looks good, and well created, I'm not going to be stupid and close my eyes and be in denial... Well I guess will continue playing espn 2k5 or hopefully maybe the New generic Espn 2k6, even with no License this game kicks ***! Maybe thats why EA got scared and tried to License everything in the world!!??
Thank you Mr. ESPN Fanboy #1...

Heres your trophy
Old 04-14-2005, 02:49 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
Thank you Mr. ESPN Fanboy #1...

Heres your trophy
Oh and by the way.. I'm not a Espn Fanboy, I'm just a consumer and a fan of football games just like you.. I acknowledge good products, I just don't close my eyes and be in denial.. I don't care who or what company creates the Football game, just as long as it's looks good, plays realistic, it's fun, and it's a well made product.. Something well worth my money......

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
Thank you Mr. Madden Fanboy #1...

Heres your trophy

Last edited by elmore; 04-14-2005 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:54 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

I hear ya on some of your complaints. I sure hope many issues get fixed for 2006. Definately more animations need to be implemented. But its early so don't be too quick to make a final verdict. there's still plenty of time.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:38 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Ok what happened to Madden 2006?? I Just took a look at the madden 2006 screenshots and someone has to please tell me this is a joke? Please tell me this is an April Fool's Day Joke! No way these are 2006 screenshots, I think someone mixed these up with the 2005 screenshots! If these are truly the new Madden 2006 screenshots, well this is going to be a very disappointing year for Madden football and their fans.. I really truely thought that EA would step up this year especially since they now have the NFL licensing..
What did you expect to see?

Quote:
You would think since your spending so much money buying out the Licensing so that no one else can have it, you would create a game well worthy of that!!! Instead of spending all that money on the License EA, you should of spent it on creating a better football game( or should I say more realistic looking one!) to please and satisfy your loyal fans! ops: If this is the new Madden, this is the most pathetic display of a football game.. I know alot of you Fans are going to disagree with me, but deep down inside you all know what i'm saying is true.. You all will agree these screenshots of 2006 are pathetic.. What do you think of EA now? If this was done by Tiburon, they should of been fired a long time ago!! These graphics have been childish and cartoonish for a while now, and they continue to be??
Did you really expect the graphics on the current systems to be changed? Why would they bother doing that when the next gen systems are coming out. Think before you speak.

Quote:
Take Two & Sega creators of Espn 2k series must be laughing as this moment, probably thinking right now we still have a chance on succeeding even with a no name generic game! Who needs a License when the competition can't even make a realistic game? This is typical of that money hungry company, add a couple of new features and forget about the rest! That will keep our fans going for a while.. Hell we own everthing.. Why bother?? If the Graphics didn't change what makes you think the animation will?? Sorry but most likely that will be the same too, with maybe an extra different looking tackle animation here and there.. Most of ya'll will deny it, but when you get the 2006 version in your hands and it's the same thing as 2005, you'll know what I mean.. Most of you will still deny it like always because your die hard Madden fans, but someday you will realize I have had enough of the same old thing.. I was a die hard Maddden fan too, until Espn 2k series opened my eyes.. Regardless of what company creates a Football game, if it's realistic, looks good, and well created, I'm not going to be stupid and close my eyes and be in denial... Well I guess will continue playing espn 2k5 or hopefully maybe the New generic Espn 2k6, even with no License this game kicks ***!
See my above answer.

Quote:
Maybe thats why EA got scared and tried to License everything in the world!!??
If EA didn't buy them, someone else would have, so why wouldn't they.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 04:02 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
What did you expect to see?

Did you really expect the graphics on the current systems to be changed? Why would they bother doing that when the next gen systems are coming out. Think before you speak.

See my above answer.

If EA didn't buy them, someone else would have, so why wouldn't they.
If you really believe what EA said about buying out the Licensing and that someone else would have, your denial as much anyone... Please, I don't believe that for one moment.. No one was going to spend that kind of cash, and if they where able to, I don't see the other companys doing it, they are not as money hungry as EA.. The other companys where pushed against the wall for them to make such a move.. EA got scared of the competition, and found of way beating them.. By buying out the Nfl licensing.. They didn't have the staff to create a better game right now.. don't give me that crap about the next gen consoles, because if thats the case, I wonder what Espn 2k series graphics would look like with those new consoles! Can't even imagine, probably lifelike! Madden graphically could of done something better 2 years ago, but decided to stick with the same crappy graphics and take all your money...
Old 04-14-2005, 04:49 AM   #7
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
If you really believe what EA said about buying out the Licensing and that someone else would have, your denial as much anyone... Please, I don't believe that for one moment.. No one was going to spend that kind of cash, and if they where able to, I don't see the other companys doing it, they are not as money hungry as EA.. The other companys where pushed against the wall for them to make such a move.. EA got scared of the competition, and found of way beating them.. By buying out the Nfl licensing.. They didn't have the staff to create a better game right now.. don't give me that crap about the next gen consoles, because if thats the case, I wonder what Espn 2k series graphics would look like with those new consoles! Can't even imagine, probably lifelike! Madden graphically could of done something better 2 years ago, but decided to stick with the same crappy graphics and take all your money...

Would you calm the hell down please.

Anybody expecting any changes to the graphics and player models when the next-gen consoles are coming out this year were fooling themselves.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:06 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Don't even talk about comparing graphics. EA's not going to bother with it. They've probably about hit the limit for the PS2. They will be going to Next-gen for 07. And don't deny that you are an ESPN fanboy. It's really obvious.

And how do you know that Madden won't be realistic?
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!

Last edited by SteelersFreak; 04-14-2005 at 06:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »