Home

**new Madden 2006 Info**

This is a discussion on **new Madden 2006 Info** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 01:35 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: **new Madden 2006 Info**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
Keep in mind that 2K had to steal pretty much everything there was in Madden in the first place.

Madden was like AT&T. They did all the hard work running phone lines all over the country, then other companies got to come in and use them for free and steal customers.

I applaud Madden's business sense by coming in and shutting off the welfare by ponying up and paying for the licensing rights.

I'd rather have 10 games to choose from, but EA made a smart business decision and I won't fault them for that.

Not all together true. The first madden team had members from VC/Sega who had jumped ship from ea, so technically, they just brought with them their own ideas. And as far as shutting off the welfare, it would seem that ea/madden was running a slumlord establishment(no improvements, just collecting money from sheep tenants). I just hope the new generation ea/madden have learned a lesson, or at least put forth a better effort than they did the past couple of years.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #34
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm kind of getting bored reading about the same features over and over again - when will someone tell us about franchise mode?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 6

Stop arguing over a game thats not in development.This is a madden foum and a madden thread.KEEP IT LIKE THAT!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 02:08 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
Stop arguing over a game thats not in development.This is a madden foum and a madden thread.KEEP IT LIKE THAT!
Deejay, ill have to give u another...

Its a madden 2006 info thread.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 07-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #37
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin
Deejay, ill have to give u another...

Its a madden 2006 info thread.
Likewise. This preoccupation with what Madden is borrowing has allowed one line to go unmentioned....18 single back sets for the Redskins!!! EA has brought in just about every formation that was used last year in working with NFL films...the playbooks are going to be unprecedented. Can we maybe give some attention to that?
Old 07-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Likewise. This preoccupation with what Madden is borrowing has allowed one line to go unmentioned....18 single back sets for the Redskins!!! EA has brought in just about every formation that was used last year in working with NFL films...the playbooks are going to be unprecedented. Can we maybe give some attention to that?

That is a good point... Focus... FOCUS... Although I'm still heavily considering not buying a game this year, that is impressive... esp. as a 'Skins fan.

HOWEVER, it's too bad it's based on last year, 'cause I'm really expecting the 'skins to open up the offense this year. HEY, even more reason to wait another year!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:40 AM   #39
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE_Gamer
1. More indepth playbooks.
Has there ever been a football game that did not promote this? Oh wait, the mattell handheld football game did not.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:26 AM   #40
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

I have a feeling the playbooks may actually be more in-depth this yr. Here's an article from kcchiefs.com that mentions EA working with CHiefs OC Al Saunders...

Quote:
GRETZ: Real-Life Video Games
Jun 06, 2005, 5:02:46 AM by Bob Gretz - FAQ

Earlier this spring, Al Saunders made a journey that’s a video game player’s dream. The folks at EA Sports, the people that create the John Madden football game each year, invited him down to Orlando, Florida for a day.

They wanted to pick the brain of the coordinator of the most productive offense in the National Football League for the last three years. In Madden Football, anybody can call the plays for the offense on the screen. Saunders gets to manipulate real human bodies, some of the best in pro football.

So, it only makes sense that EA Sports would want to troll for some knowledge. “I’ve seen those types of games in the locker room and I’m sure we probably had them around the house when the kids were growing up,” said Saunders. “But I’ve never sat down and played the game. I didn’t really know much about them.

“It’s an amazing thing what they do down there with computers and creating players, creating plays.”

Ah, creating plays, that’s something Saunders does each off-season. Right now, as the Chiefs go through OTA practices, the offense works on the basics. They also work on some of the new ideas that have jumped into the head of their offensive coordinator.

“That never stops,” Saunders said. “That’s the great thing about this offensive system; it’s really only limited by the imagination of your coaching staff.”
Full article: http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/06...e_video_games/

Last edited by Kanobi; 07-16-2005 at 11:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »