Home

UH OH! Here we go again.

This is a discussion on UH OH! Here we go again. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9
UH OH! Here we go again.

This is a quote from the IGN article about a game being played between the Giants and the Cards with the user playing as the Giants.

"But that's when the Cardinals come cheating back. And when I say cheat, I mean cheat. They score two of the cheapest touchdowns I have seen in years. The first on a punt return where my returner is hit a step after catching the ball, coughs it up, and a Cardinal runs it all the way back for a touchdown. The second Cardinal TD really pisses me off, however, enough where I actually threw the controller straight into the ground (don't worry, I can expense a new one). Warner throws an interception where my safety Wilson picks off the pass and is immediately hit by Boldin. Wilson fumbles the ball when he hits the ground and Boldin gets back up, scoops up the ball and runs 50 yards for the score. I challenge the ruling, but somehow the play stands. 14-14.

What a bunch of BS. Seriously. The Cardinals have like 14 total yards and 14 points thanks to wonky AI. This is on All-Pro level, and I expect more."

Every year its the same old BS, same bullcrap catchup AI. Why cant the company just friggin reward some solid play by the player, why resort to this crap!

Maybe Im just overeacting LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: UH OH! Here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
The first on a punt return where my returner is hit a step after catching the ball, coughs it up, and a Cardinal runs it all the way back for a touchdown.
*Shakes head*

It's called a FAIR CATCH IGN....please use it.

It's been that way since '04....you don't call fair catch with defenders on your doorstep, you're GOING to fumble. The other one sounds a little cheap, but it's rather irrelevant if the first TD never happens, which it shouldn't have.

This is why nobody should take the gameplay on those POTD's as true representative of the game - because by and large, the guys playing it have no clue what they're doing.

Last edited by bcruise; 07-28-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
*Shakes head*

It's called a FAIR CATCH IGN....please use it.

It's been that way since '04....you don't call fair catch with defenders on your doorstep, you're GOING to fumble. The other one sounds a little cheap, but it's rather irrelevant if the first TD never happens, which it shouldn't have.

This is why nobody should take the gameplay on those POTD's as true representative of the game - because by and large, the guys playing it have no clue what they're doing.

Bingo.

First one, I don't know what he expects if he gets hit as he catches the punt.

Second one, well I'd be pissed too if that happens, but there are crazy plays in football. I'm not going to freak out if that happened once.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #4
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Heh, I like the comeback AI, and I may be one of the few that do.

I get bored if I just sit there beating the CPU by large margins, and the comeback AI keeps me from blowing out the CPU and keeps me from just sitting back and putting it on cruise control in the 4th quarter.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:54 PM   #5
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Since its IGN and i've seen those guys play i'm not surprised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

oh come on now guys, you know that even if he woulda called a fair catch and didnt cough it up there, then the next play he'd wind up gettting sacked and his qb would fumble, resulting in the same outcome.

its a joke, the programmers obviously arent that talented so they have to use tactics such as these to make the games seem more dramatic.

typical garbage by Tiburon, like the difference between PRO and ALL-PRO last year, on ALL-PRO, they didnt make the players smarter or more aware or life-like, they just gave them superhuman abilities, like skating/warping 5 yards to the ball and jumping at impossible angles and heights to knock the ball down.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:59 PM   #7
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_jared
oh come on now guys, you know that even if he woulda called a fair catch and didnt cough it up there, then the next play he'd wind up gettting sacked and his qb would fumble, resulting in the same outcome.

its a joke, the programmers obviously arent that talented so they have to use tactics such as these to make the games seem more dramatic.

typical garbage by Tiburon, like the difference between PRO and ALL-PRO last year, on ALL-PRO, they didnt make the players smarter or more aware or life-like, they just gave them superhuman abilities, like skating/warping 5 yards to the ball and jumping at impossible angles and heights to knock the ball down.
Don't like it? Don't Play it or post about it. Enough said.

Seriously...we all know it's there, and some of us choose to look at the good side of it, myself being one of them. If he had called a fair catch, we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

[quote=bcruise]*Shakes head*

It's called a FAIR CATCH IGN....please use it.[quote]

Seriously, people need to quit playing stupid and then blaming the game.

If you don't call for a fair catch when there is a chance you will get popped, you deserve to fumble and ultimately lose the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »