Home

I say EA should drop Tiburon for Madden

This is a discussion on I say EA should drop Tiburon for Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2005, 02:49 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
I say EA should drop Tiburon for Madden

I think its time for a change and I think Tiburon has made too many mistakes with this franchise since taking over from John Madden Football, Tiburon's days may be numbered here.

I keep hearing people say EA this and EA that well the real problem is Tiburon!!!

Last edited by freezeframe; 09-09-2005 at 02:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 04:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I say EA should drop Tiburon for Madden

It might be a good thing to get a new team working on the game that doesn't seem to be so complacent with it's current form and a little more geared towards change and improvement.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:19 AM   #3
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbrock316
It might be a good thing to get a new team working on the game that doesn't seem to be so complacent with it's current form and a little more geared towards change and improvement.
Or it could nearly ruin a series...

Take note of the NHL Games by EA, 6 years ago to present.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Or it could nearly ruin a series...

Take note of the NHL Games by EA, 6 years ago to present.
It could. With any change comes the possibility of failure. I think part of the ruination of the NHL series by EA is just a general lack of interest in the NHL. Not flaming the sport, it's the truth. What motivation is there to improve for the better a game based on on a sport thats lacking, almost severely from where it once was, in popularity? I mean last year didn't even have a CAP option. If that were to happen in a Madden game, I'm pretty sure the universe would just implode upon itself.

As far as Madden goes though, it needs a breath of fresh air. I'm a firm supporter and fan of EA Sports games and IMO, think they make the best on the market. Theres a core game and good elements within Madden that need no change or improvement. However, there are some parts of the core game and elements that do. Not because they are glitched or anything like that, but because they have become stale or don't quite simulate the true NFL experience.

Franchise mode is probably the best example of that. It's been a little stale for a while now. I don't consider the addition of the Tony Bruno Show (which was just horribly recycled into this years game) and newspapers with the same generic headlines with different players names in them big improvements.

Don't get me wrong, the core of Franchise mode is there. But there are A LOT of little details lacking that if put in, would set it over the top. They have been brought up over and over and over around here so if you are a regular reader of this forum, you already know of them. And if you don't, read around the forum because there are a lot of good ideas floating around here.

There is a whole huge list of things that would make every sim gamers day while not affecting the casual gaming aspect of Madden at all.

It just seems to me that Tiburon is sitting on what they have, core game and extra elements, because it sells regardless of what they update or improve. I don't think we're asking them to take some huge risk with a change in gameplay or something else with a huge impact. But what we are asking is just an effort to really make Madden over the top in gameplay and features. Make it a game that simulates all aspects of the NFL as close to realistic as possible. A game that satisfies the casual and sim player alike. Madden already does a good job of that on both sides, but I think it could do a little more for both. I would even say it could do more for the sim player.

I commend EA with trying superstar mode, and I look forward to see if it improves greatly next year. Other than that though, aside from a couple new analog stick/button in-game functions, new menu graphics, updated rosters, and taking the first two digits out of the date, Madden 06 really didn't change all that much from 2005.

Wow, I really started to ramble there.

Last edited by bubbrock316; 09-09-2005 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
It could. With any change comes the possibility of failure. I think part of the ruination of the NHL series by EA is just a general lack of interest in the NHL. Not flaming the sport, it's the truth. What motivation is there to improve for the better a game based on on a sport thats lacking, almost severely from where it once was, in popularity? I mean last year didn't even have a CAP option. If that were to happen in a Madden game, I'm pretty sure the universe would just implode upon itself.
Hey lets not have a NHL vs NFL debate. That's comparing apples to oranges. Despite what you may think EA's NHL sells very well. It has just been beatin by NHL 2k in the past few years. Unlike Madden, EA does not have exclusive rights to the NHL.

My opinion is that Madden hasnt changed since ps2 came out. All it did was give us lame gimmicks year after year. NFL 2k series gave us a breathe of fresh air with something new.

Now that EA has exclusive NFL and ESPN liscense. We better see ESPN like presentation. And a game that resembles the NFL. Not poor AI, mario running, cartoonish graphics, arcadish sound affects, and arcadish hits. If tiburons continues to not represent what the NFL is about. Sales will show it, than yes he will be fired.

[edit] After seeing the madden 2006 (next gen) video. I have to say they should reconsider their development team. Maybe even fire some people. The tackle animations are horrible. Player's jersey looks like it has bee dipped in oil. Physics looked chunky. And the football might as well be a beach ball.

Last edited by woostopalypse; 09-09-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2005, 10:11 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezeframe
I think its time for a change and I think Tiburon has made too many mistakes with this franchise since taking over from John Madden Football, Tiburon's days may be numbered here.

I keep hearing people say EA this and EA that well the real problem is Tiburon!!!
No, Tiburon is one of the besy developers in the video games. EA need to give them more resources and find a way to keep their talent.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Tiburon sucks, IMO. But EA won't make a change until the sales numbers call for it. Hopefully that will be sometime soon.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #8
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
As far as Madden goes though, it needs a breath of fresh air. I'm a firm supporter and fan of EA Sports games and IMO, think they make the best on the market. Theres a core game and good elements within Madden that need no change or improvement. However, there are some parts of the core game and elements that do. Not because they are glitched or anything like that, but because they have become stale or don't quite simulate the true NFL experience.

Franchise mode is probably the best example of that. It's been a little stale for a while now. I don't consider the addition of the Tony Bruno Show (which was just horribly recycled into this years game) and newspapers with the same generic headlines with different players names in them big improvements.

Don't get me wrong, the core of Franchise mode is there. But there are A LOT of little details lacking that if put in, would set it over the top. They have been brought up over and over and over around here so if you are a regular reader of this forum, you already know of them. And if you don't, read around the forum because there are a lot of good ideas floating around here.

There is a whole huge list of things that would make every sim gamers day while not affecting the casual gaming aspect of Madden at all.

It just seems to me that Tiburon is sitting on what they have, core game and extra elements, because it sells regardless of what they update or improve. I don't think we're asking them to take some huge risk with a change in gameplay or something else with a huge impact. But what we are asking is just an effort to really make Madden over the top in gameplay and features. Make it a game that simulates all aspects of the NFL as close to realistic as possible. A game that satisfies the casual and sim player alike. Madden already does a good job of that on both sides, but I think it could do a little more for both. I would even say it could do more for the sim player.

I commend EA with trying superstar mode, and I look forward to see if it improves greatly next year. Other than that though, aside from a couple new analog stick/button in-game functions, new menu graphics, updated rosters, and taking the first two digits out of the date, Madden 06 really didn't change all that much from 2005.

Wow, I really started to ramble there.
I don't think you are rambling at all and I agree with you wholeheartedly. That's pretty much what I've been saying for a while, but I just wonder what motivation for change exists in an exclusive marketplace. I think your points are valid and appreciate that many elements of Madden are solid, but there seems to be no inertial force driving EA to produce anything radically new within their gaming products. Live changed only when it was getting absolutely clobbered by VC. The same goes for the NHL franchise, and this year's version, by accounts, still hasn't made enormous change

We'll see where they go, but I don't have high hopes

Have fun...........

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »