Home

Just picked up the new egm

This is a discussion on Just picked up the new egm within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:15 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Just picked up the new egm

Does EGM mention any actual gameplay elements, one thing I read, that was mentioned in the article, was there will be goal line pile-ups. Is there any mention of gang tackling or better blocking?
Old 09-30-2005, 03:57 PM   #130
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
If EA was the only one making football games over the past 7 years, you'd have a good point. But if my memory serves, 2k wasn't a stripped down port when it made the jump from the dreamcast to the xbox. It certainly wasn't missing something as basic as create a player. I've been creating myself to play linebacker for the Steelers since time (or videogames) began. It's amazing..you guys drink the EA kool aid long enough, you'll believe anything. Reminds me of some republicans I know.
No create a play, I remember that one specifically. Took it out and it never returned. I know why but it's irrelevant for this discussion. No online play either. So in a sense it was stripped down.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:26 PM   #131
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
No create a play, I remember that one specifically. Took it out and it never returned. I know why but it's irrelevant for this discussion. No online play either. So in a sense it was stripped down.
Dreamcast to Xbox was within the same generation of console, so the point he made is irrelevant.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2005, 06:34 PM   #132
Banned

OVR: 21

Good points, by both of you guys. But there's nothing you can say that would excuse IMO the dropping of something as basic as CAP when going to a new generation. Isn't the whole point of going to more powerful hardware so that you can do more things?

Forget about their dropping the ability to raise popcorn prices and other things that shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. I'd be glad to see that silly stuff gone forever. CAP is a different story though.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:48 PM   #133
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

my vote for best post of 2005"

Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
If EA was the only one making football games over the past 7 years, you'd have a good point. But if my memory serves, 2k wasn't a stripped down port when it made the jump from the dreamcast to the xbox. It certainly wasn't missing something as basic as create a player. I've been creating myself to play linebacker for the Steelers since time (or videogames) began. It's amazing..you guys drink the EA kool aid long enough, you'll believe anything. Reminds me of some republicans I know

nothing against republicans....
Old 09-30-2005, 07:14 PM   #134
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Same old EA vs 2K stuff..... These posts never go anywhere.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »