Home

JRob-IGN:Big news next week.....

This is a discussion on JRob-IGN:Big news next week..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: JRob-IGN:Big news next week.....

I doubt its online leagues since they had it in Madden 2005. Of course they didn't have full player stat tracking and other things but it was still online leagues.

I swear if EA hype online leagues up instead of something totally new I will be heated.

I hope its spectator mode.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #58
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Maybe they'll officially announce that "special" edition we already know about...
This does sound like something they would do...
Old 06-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #59
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
This does sound like something they would do...
No kidding. I said that with a slightly sarcastic tone, but part of me seriously thinks that might be announcement, especially because we really haven't heard anything from EA first hand about it.

Oh God, I hope I didn't jinx us all... haha

::knocks on wood::

Old 06-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #60
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I doubt its online leagues since they had it in Madden 2005. Of course they didn't have full player stat tracking and other things but it was still online leagues.

I swear if EA hype online leagues up instead of something totally new I will be heated.

I hope its spectator mode.
Why do you want a spectator mode? To watch someone cheese/cheat thier way to a win?

I rather have something that will end up helping the game engine. A spectator mode isnt bad but would you seriously sit down and watch two people play a game for 30+ mins? That would bore me, i rather play myself then to watch someone play. I thought spectator mode was such a revolutionary idea when it was annouced for PGR3, But truthfully i've olny used it probably no more then 5 times (merrit i've had the game since Launch) Plus would the masses really go for it?

I rather they give the defensive backs some new feature, because after playing the 360 06 version, worst secondary i've ever seen
Old 06-16-2006, 12:49 PM   #61
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
Who's to say it's not?

Uh, more accurately, who's to say IGN's acting independently of it's advertisers? Ever?

I'm a paying IGN member, and I know Jon pretty well personally, but IGN writes what their ad-partner's marketers tell them to write. That's why they get the "scoops", plain and simple.

As for me - the only thing that would interest me is real, honest-to-goodness online leagues. If EA can't match what 2K did years ago at this point, they should be embarrassed.
And this is where EA messes up imo. Right now, we don't know what the news will be. But their incessant need to say "look what we did!" is why they end up having to be on the defensive so much. Well, the diehards have to be on the defensive; EA never has to say anything. They wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the flack they did w/last year's NFL Draft commercial had they not hyped it as the next best thing since slided bread beforehand, only to leave most disappointed.

If online leagues is the announcement, their effort is going to be compared to what 2K did two years ago - regardless. But they could save themselves (and us) grief by not hyping [features that should be in the game] for no reason. If they did it matter-of-factly as 2K did when they announced their online leagues then they don't setup unrealistic expectations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
Why do you want a spectator mode? To watch someone cheese/cheat thier way to a win?

I rather have something that will end up helping the game engine. A spectator mode isnt bad but would you seriously sit down and watch two people play a game for 30+ mins?
Im sorry but I don't play cheesers when im balling online for PS2. Where I play we hold tournys and league games so in my case it would be great to watch the super game between 2 oppenents or watch a game to see someones tendencies.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #63

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever

I rather have something that will end up helping the game engine. A spectator mode isnt bad but would you seriously sit down and watch two people play a game for 30+ mins? That would bore me, i rather play myself then to watch someone play. I thought spectator mode was such a revolutionary idea when it was annouced for PGR3, But truthfully i've olny used it probably no more then 5 times (merrit i've had the game since Launch) Plus would the masses really go for it?

I rather they give the defensive backs some new feature, because after playing the 360 06 version, worst secondary i've ever seen
I agree. These simple additions: spectator, run to daylight, highlight stick etc. are secondary to the overall mechanical structure of the game. While they are good ideas, the mechanics of the game must be the first and foremost focus of this title.

By the way, how idiotic is "Just wait until next week." We're not a bunch of simple minds. Reveal the information and get back to work on making a good football game. Period.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:46 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 11

I GOT IT! A virutual John Madden will be back in the booth and will also do the halftime show. Not to mention the infulx of advertising IN the games now, there will be Ace Hardware commercials at the end of each quarter.

Or at the last minute they will have two cover athletes now instead of one.

Or maybe there is ala grand theft auto an easter egg programmed in witih high res shots of Lisa Guerro's playboy pictoral.

But seriously..I hear the rumor is that you can unlock a demo version of Moto GP and race your bike as either Kellen Winslow or Ben Rothlesberger.

Last edited by blackceasar; 06-16-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »