Home

My Madden 2007 Playoff Simulation

This is a discussion on My Madden 2007 Playoff Simulation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
My Madden 2007 Playoff Simulation

The Apprentice Becomes The Mentor!

Jets: 34
Patriots: 28

This had to be one of the most hyped playoff games in recent memory. Two bitter rivals which have been fueled by coaching changes throughout the years (Pete Carroll, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Eric Mangini).

Both coaches before the game put all problems aside and stunned reporters by engaging in friendly talk at the 50 yardline as their teams worked out, there was even a crisp handshake.

This game was no defensive battle, as both teams reached well above 300+ yards on the ground and in the air. The Jets racked up 341 yards of total offense while the Patriots gained an amazing 462 yards of total offense.

Leon Washington set the tone for whole game, rushing for 141 yds with 1 TD run. "It almost looked like a tornado ran through their defensive line and I was able to go through without a problem, the offensive line did a great job for me today" Washington stated.

Shaun Ellis made a statement to reports after the game, "We might have given up a lot of yards but look at the score, thats all that matters, we stopped them when we needed to stop them."

James Sanders had a nice day for the Patriots defense with 6 tackles and a forced fumble that the Patriots would later capitalize on with Cory Dillion's only TD run of the day. Dillion rushed 13 times and gaining 70 yds on the ground.

Both Quarterbacks had great days:

Pennington 142.4 QB Rating 177 Yds 2TD 0INT

Brady 100.3 QB Rating 380 Yds 2TD 1INT (Brady also completed passes to 10 different receivers)

On the final drive, it was looking like Tom Brady would lead one of his valiant drives for the win; Vilma had other plans, on 4th and 10 Tom Brady dropped back and saw his Ben Watson in one on one coverage with Jonathan Vilma. Brady's eyes lit up as he threw a touch pass that was perfectly thrown, at the last second Vilma displayed excellent coverage skills on an overmatched reciever to bat the pass away.

The surprise team of the year knocked off not only their bitter rivals in the Wild Card round, but they knocked off a team that has been a modern day dynasty. The end of game festivities were not as cordial as the beginning of the game, with Bill Belichick not even meeting Mangini at the center of the field. After the game Mangini stated "You win some, you lose some, but as long as we're better then the Patriots thats all that matters." Obviously Mangini isnt worried about ruffeling some feathers.

It looks like the "MANGENIUS" who eats pie and ice cream with his kids after a win prepared his team for this game.

Player of the Game: Leon Washington

14 Att. 141 Yds 1 TD
2 Catches 22 Yds

Last edited by Jetsfan119; 01-03-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: My Madden 2007 Playoff Simulation

LJ: Ride me to the Superbowl!

Colts: 24
Chiefs: 41

This is the team that the Colts did not want to see at all in the playoffs. This Chiefs team is the Colts worst nightmare! The Colts came into the game absolutly putrid against the run; Larry Johnson was licking his chopps during pre-game warm-ups.

"I hope these fans are ready for a show! I told coach, just give me touches, give me touches!"

Herman Edwards must have listened to his back because like the regular season he leaned on his RB for a lot of carries, 41 to be exact in todays game. Johnson exploded for a league record 308 yards rushing, and 5 rushing touchdowns!

It almost looked as if Tony Dungy didnt prepare for Johnson at all. In statements made during his press conference, Dungy stated "It was absolutly terrible, Ive never seen anything like it. Everytime we tried a new defensive look he would just pound over people! You cant stop that, we just didnt tackle today."

Another surprise was the play of Peyton Manning, or was it so surprising? Manning is known for choking in big games, and he lived up to that title today. While Peyton threw for 279 yds, he did not throw a TD pass, and threw 2 INT while fumbling twice as well. and his rating hit a lowly 57.5. Peyton however, didnt get any help from his line, as he was sacked five times. When Manning was asked of his issues he simply said "next question," Colts fans are going to start wanting answers Mr. Manning, so you better find a way to start winning in the playoffs.

This is the look of a defeated man

Garry Bracket, of the Colts defense had a great game and was the only Colts player that could say anything at all. "I want to crawl into a hole right now. There was no reason for this. Our defense gave up today. Im speechless." Bracket ended the day with 11 Tackles and 4 tackels for a loss, he was the only player that seemed to be able to wrestle LJ down.

This game was not really a surprise, many people knew going into this game that LJ would dominate and it was up to Manning to pick up the slack. A lot of questions need to be answered over the off season for this Colts team, including some defensive players that dont quit on their team. Overall a very disappointing game for the Colts with a total of 5 turnovers.

Leading Recievers:
Tony Gonzalez: 4 Rec, 53 Yds
Marvin Harrison: 4 Rec 97 Yds
Brandon Stokley: 3 Rec 104 Yds

Leading Rushers:
Larry Johnson: 308 Yds 5 Td
Joseph Addai 63 Yds 3 TD

Leading Passers:
Trent Green 91.8 RTG 126 Yds 0 TD 0 INT
Peyton Manning 57.5 RTG 279 Yds 0 TD 2 INT

Player of the Game: Larry Johnson

Old 01-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

and your name happens to be ....JETSFAN...LOL
Old 01-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
and your name happens to be ....JETSFAN...LOL
Actually, My friend and I are doing the simulation and we flipped for the Patriots, I won therefore I played as the Pats and believe me when I play Madden, I play to win.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan119
Actually, My friend and I are doing the simulation and we flipped for the Patriots, I won therefore I played as the Pats and believe me when I play Madden, I play to win.
I'm the other guy who plays with Jetsfan... and God yes, does he play to win. If you think that Madden Nation show is suspensful... its much more suspensful around our neck of the woods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

How many times did the Patriots win before the Jets win that actually counted??
Old 01-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Well since everybody thinks this is rigged then i guess i should inform you that they lost in the next round to the Ravens. The score of the Pats/Jets game isnt out of reach, the Jets do have a chance to win the game.

I'll post the other games tommrow. (including the jets loss)

Old 01-04-2007, 12:55 AM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan119
Well since everybody thinks this is rigged then i guess i should inform you that they lost in the next round to the Ravens. The score of the Pats/Jets game isnt out of reach, the Jets do have a chance to win the game.
We're just jerking your chain Jets. No harm intended......But your name does make it tough to resist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »