Home

IGN's EXTENDED PREVIEW

This is a discussion on IGN's EXTENDED PREVIEW within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: BUYING IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak10
with APF dissapointing me w/ that impression, madden is lookin better and better.

Indeed.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: IGN's EXTENDED PREVIEW

Hmm, so back with all the trimmings, huh? Wonder if this includes refs.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:20 PM   #11
Pro

I'm likin it .. the gameplay actually looks alive this year, and holy crap did you guys watch that new video? The one where Tamlin got an interception, they moved with responsiveness equal to if not better than last gen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #12
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
I'm likin it .. the gameplay actually looks alive this year, and holy crap did you guys watch that new video? The one where Tamlin got an interception, they moved with responsiveness equal to if not better than last gen
Yeah I saw that and it reminded me of madden 04 where you could cut on a dime.

Seeing the little bit of gameplay in that video kind of shocked me because it looked like a completely different game than 07.
I am for sure going to buy the 360 version this year.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #13
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Thats what I didnt like about it. That looked str8 arcade!No one moves like that, thats so atari ( weaving back & forth so fast) With that said Madden actually looks better this year. I actually seen a DE shred a block & get up field a little. That was nice to see. The graphics & player models are superb & this is coming from someone that gave up on Madden 3yrs ago! Still dont like the fact that they dont have QB drop animations. The QB still looks like he's sliding on the field but all in all it looks good.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:10 PM   #14
Pro

lol, Actually DB's and receivers CAN move like that in real life .. well maybe if in the game they were cutting with their feet instead of changing direction regardless of their foot movement

But really would you rather have last year's movement? That was so horrible that I stopped playing safety and just stayed on the line
Old 06-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Still dont like the fact that they dont have QB drop animations.
Madden has had qb drop animatons since i believe 05 its jus that when u snap the ball u cant press anything and it does it automatically.However most ppl like to drop back by themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #16
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

It's looking good!

We'll see how much "gameplay over hype" when the game actually ships. I'm really excited about the "twitch" control/feel coming back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »