Home

NEW Producer Blog: Blocking

This is a discussion on NEW Producer Blog: Blocking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #49
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NEW Producer Blog: Blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
same here, but I thought it was just because I was the Raiders.
lol! I would get soooo pissed by that.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:27 PM   #50
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
Zone plays do have man assignments and a stretch play is just another way of saying outside zone.
I guess it means different things to different people. The way I learned & taught zones was for lineman to step and block an area. Whoever was there, block them. My lineman(when I played and coached) were never told to black a particular man because he might not be there when you get there. But our stretch plays had man assignments.

I can't speak much for the NFL other than seeing zone plays talked about on NFL Matchup(I think). And the zone was described similar to how we ran it... lineman blocked an area, not a man.

But like you said, who cares. Double team blocks are in!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Running. That's what I really want to see, when those backs hit the hole how they react.
Ahh yeah I see what you mean .. they better show those cutback lanes in action, It's just really hard for me to even play without cutback lanes, just no fun

In real football what time I was running the ball, a toss to the right, my blockers at this point were already making contact and I knew I would be swamped if I kept running outside, I looked left and saw a small hole and I shot through it and got a TD ..

So it really helps to have cutback lanes.. I just hope in Madden though that if you juke or whatever towards that direction the game will realize that is where you are trying to and the juke will position you right so you can shoot through that hole
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #52
MVP

drae2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Ahh yeah I see what you mean .. they better show those cutback lanes in action, It's just really hard for me to even play without cutback lanes, just no fun

In real football what time I was running the ball, a toss to the right, my blockers at this point were already making contact and I knew I would be swamped if I kept running outside, I looked left and saw a small hole and I shot through it and got a TD ..

So it really helps to have cutback lanes.. I just hope in Madden though that if you juke or whatever towards that direction the game will realize that is where you are trying to and the juke will position you right so you can shoot through that hole
I hope the Mario Running Era is gone. I loved the running game on 2K5. I want that running back to slide off his blockers and look for an opening, and not just run in place.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
I hope the Mario Running Era is gone. I loved the running game on 2K5. I want that running back to slide off his blockers and look for an opening, and not just run in place.
BTW what is Mario Running?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:59 PM   #54
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

I personally loved this video.

I was tired of seeing my starting five make the pro bowl every year despite allowing the most sacks every season, typically averaging 15-20 more a season.

It sickened me to watch my "pro bowl" left tackle consistently allow slow bull rushers (notice I said bull rusher and not speed rusher) to speed around them and get the sack.

My favorite part outside of the double-teams (and release to pick up the second-level) was how VJ mentioned that you'll notice the tackles actually using correct technique when breaking out of their stance to protect the blind side.

My only hope is that with this, I hope they fix the lack of progression in the awareness ratings for just about every position, but namely defensive tackles. I can't tell you how many defensive tackles I saw come through the MGD (I play PC) and not one of them ever advanced higher than a 75 in awareness ... my defensive tackles never above a 65). If they want to make sure everything is fair and balanced, then I think it's fair to ask that we see players progress in awareness despite not starting or playing a lot of games.

Anyone check out the producer blogs for the Franchise? The producer, Ronnie Morales, talks about utilizing a bell curve to help keep drafts and progression fair and balanced. He was talking more about the 360 as his platform but he utilizes the bell curve which calculates progression/regression based on age, performance, and other factors. You'll have to read it to get a better understanding. Hopefully it's incorporated into all systems.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #55
MVP

drae2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
BTW what is Mario Running?
I don't know if you've played games like Super Mario Bros, but if mario is running and there's an object in front of him, unless he jumps over it he'll just stand there running in place. That's where people get their Mario running references from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #56
Pro

Quote:
I don't know if you've played games like Super Mario Bros, but if mario is running and there's an object in front of him, unless he jumps over it he'll just stand there running in place. That's where people get their Mario running references from.
Ah ok, well in that case EA has adressed that.. or at least they said they did

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »