Home

*OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS3)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #65
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtetreault3
your posts are helpful country boy. thanks. cant wait to play this tomorrow morning around 10am.
I do my best.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #66
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

One quick note before I go back into work.

The more and more I play this game, the more and more I am loving it. Yes the presentation is lacking but the gameplay is so darn good, that its easy to get over. Here is a list of the positives and negatives for me personally after playing 10 full games:

POSITIVES

* Gameplay. Not much else needs to be said. PS3 owners may not have 60fps, but we still have the smoothest gameplay that I have ever witnessed in a football game. Also, the game just feels like football. Maybe thats too vague of a statement, but I believe diehard football fans will get what I am saying. The animations, player chattered, player reactions, celebrations, hits, collisions, sliding catches, and sideline catches all pull you into this game.

*Owner Mode - I wanted it, and I got it. I missed this feature on the PS3 last year(which is why I played the PS2 version). This year its back and just as good as its PS2 counterpart. Coach signings, player morale, player contracts, holdouts, scouting, and everything else associated with this mode are well done.

*Graphics - Terrific. Nothing else to say really. Stadiums look authentic. Lighting on players' helmets during night games and the player models themselves are great. Can't ask for much more than what they delivered this year.

NEGATIVES

*Presentation - Stale. Nothing else to say. Radio announcer has to go(and he is in 2009) and the lack of any other sort of special stat overlays or weekly wrapup and the likes really hold this game back. Thankfully Ian and the gang have made this and online a top priority for next year.

*Menus - A little tough to navigate, much like its little brother NCAA. Getting through stats and checking out each position is more of a chore than it should be.

* Glitches - yes they are in all games and Madden '08 for the PS3 is no exception. The 2 that stand out are the INT glitch and the schedule glitch.

The int glitch is where, in a simmed game if a QB throws an int its counted as two for the intercepting defender. EX: Manning throws an int to Asomugha. When you view the stats Manning will have 1 listed under ints thrown, but Asomugha will have 2 ints for the day. It doesn't effect team stats or turnover stats, but its annoying.

The schedule glitch has been in Madden for as long as I can remember. Its where teams will play like 4 or 5 straight road games during the year and then play 3 or 4 straight home games during the year. It all equals out to 8 home and 8 road games, but sometimes(and i have seen it in '08) teams will either open or close the season with 8 straight home games or 8 straight road games. Again, not that big of a deal, but its annoying and really takes away from the excitement of the playoff push.

These are just a few things that I have come up with. There are other good things about the game as well as bad but they are very minute, at least to me they are. No matter what the gameplay is solid, the graphics are good, and the presentation/atmosphere are non-existent. Overall and at the end of the day, Madden '08 is the best football game, hands down, that I have ever popped into a console system.

CB

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 11

didn't Russell say radio guy is gone in 09?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 8

deleted

Last edited by Moshood; 08-13-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #69
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey
Yup...his LAST year...thank god!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey
bu bu but....hows he going to feed his family.........

bout f'n time they got rid of him.....bring back AL and.....well I guess John
Old 08-13-2007, 11:18 PM   #71
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

is the 30fps an issue?

thanks

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 11:23 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am not seeing any framerate issues. The game plays fluid and smooth.
i dont have the game yet so i cant say but CB says there isnt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »