Home

I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

This is a discussion on I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

with fumbles and or INT's by a human controlled player but...

With that being said, I play on All Pro and I try never to use the speed button until I'm in the open. I also use the cover up button (R-trigger) always when running. When I throw an INT it's usually because I screwed up.

I do have a problem when a computer seems to throw an INT and I run it back for TD's way to often. I also have a problem with the rediculous clock mangement and play calling by the CPU. Also, when there is a fumble I don't feel like I have any control over a guy standing right there to jump on the ball.

They talked this game up alot and I actually like this years better than any of the past but it really still has a long way to go from being realistic.

Cons--

1).there is still suction blocking
2).players still get tackled when not being touched
3).they said the wr will try to make the catch and stay in bounds. This rarely happens IMO
4).some players still have to big of arms and are hunched over
5).The kicking game needs re-worked big time

Those are just a few of the top of my head.

My sliders are simple and pretty much I use the standard ALL PRO settings

Raise my QB to 65
Raise CPU running to 65
Raise CPU blocking to 65
Put Int's for CPU only to 0
Lower kicking power to 0 and accurancy to 30 for both

Is it just me or does this game kind of have a look and feel of the first NFL fever game for the 360?

Last edited by Blitzburgh; 08-29-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

I don't know bro, it's pretty much confirmed there are turnover problems. I think most of us here have played Madden since the early 90's (I know I have) so when you have so many people saying the turnovers are out of line, they probably are.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I have finally learned the game and I don't believe there is any issues......

No good can come of this thread.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
with fumbles and or INT's.

I do have a problem when a computer seems to throw an INT and I run it back for TD's way to often. I also have a problem with the rediculous clock mangement and play calling by the CPU. Also, when there is a fumble I don't feel like I have any control over a guy standing right there to jump on the ball.
Doesn't this kind of go against the title of your thread? I mean the titles states that you don't believe there are any issues with fumbles or INT's, but then you go point out issues with the CPU throwing too many INT's and you having no control over recovering fumbles.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #5
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
I don't know bro, it's pretty much confirmed there are turnover problems. I think most of us here have played Madden since the early 90's (I know I have) so when you have so many people saying the turnovers are out of line, they probably are.
Let me just throw this out there:

Could it be that we are so used to a Madden game that plays "arcadish" that we aren't accustomed to a game that plays more sim-like in terms of fatigue and use of the highlight stick?

The most fumbles I've seen by any one player (CPU or human) is two and that was just the last game I played. I only use cover up or truck stick when going into a crowd. Spin, stiff-arm, or speed burst when out in the open and juke when out in the open or behind the line to "jump" towards a hole.

I've also noticed that the CPU game tends to mirror the human game a lot (i.e. when a human player has a lot of turnovers than the CPU tends to as well).

People scream for a more sim-like Madden and when it starts to migrate towards that then people scream that it's buggy?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
No good can come of this thread.
Why do you say that?

I was throwing Int after Int and fumbeling the ball like you wouldn't believe for my first 10 games or so. I tried messing with sliders and different difficulty levels and that didn't work. I also couldn't win a game on All Pro. Now I have won like 5 straight on All Pro and I'm averaging maybe 1 fumble and 1 INT a game.

It was how I was playing the game that needed to be changed.

Yes, I think there is still a problem with the cpu throwing INT's and returning them for TD's and also not being able to pick up a fumble.

Sometimes I don't feel like I have control over my wide recievers when trying to catch a ball either but that is another story.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Squint, 9 combined turnovers......that is what I saw, in my first franchise game with San Diego. That isn't "sim" that is screwed up. If anything, THAT is arcadish. Sorry, just have to disagree, the degree of turnovers we are seeing with the game this year is far from "sim".
Old 08-29-2007, 12:06 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Doesn't this kind of go against the title of your thread? I mean the titles states that you don't believe there are any issues with fumbles or INT's, but then you go point out issues with the CPU throwing too many INT's and you having no control over recovering fumbles.
Fixed, is this better for you?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »