Home

The SINGLE Most Frustrating Thing About Madden

This is a discussion on The SINGLE Most Frustrating Thing About Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #9
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The SINGLE Most Frustrating Thing About Madden

IMO, the most frustrating thing about Madden is the lack of feeling any realism to any game that is played outside of preseason. I'm not a big ratings guy, but If I'm playing with a team that has a superior running game against a team that has a weak defense I should be able to run for 140 yds 9 out of 10 games, by doing this it should leave their D weak against the pass when they load up to stop the run and so on. Most of us look to sliders to correct this and give us realism, but in 08 its just impossible. Sure there are sets out there that will keep the games and the stats close, if u play a super conservative gameplan and dont commit turnovers, but its not real, a 5 and 11 team should play like like a 5 and 11 team, regardless of what sliders are used.

Last edited by db56; 01-27-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: clean up mistakes
Old 01-28-2008, 12:50 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Madden does need huge upgrades in presentation, no one will argue against that.

The one thing that frustrates me this year is how little the sliders seem to help. On pro, you can't give the computer a win. On All-Pro, you can't buy an O-line.

Still, madden is going in the right direction, but needs improvements next year.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

For me there are two things.

One is the ability for DBs to magically pick off passes no matter their position towards the ball. This is one thing 2K got right, you pretty much must be facing the ball or have a high rating to make INTs, cuz no db is just gonna jump and do a 360 mid air with perfect timing to pick off a pass.

The other is watching my WR catch a pass, esprcially in tight coverage, just for me to start running and he plain drops it without any contact at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2008, 04:23 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
For me there are two things.

One is the ability for DBs to magically pick off passes no matter their position towards the ball. This is one thing 2K got right, you pretty much must be facing the ball or have a high rating to make INTs, cuz no db is just gonna jump and do a 360 mid air with perfect timing to pick off a pass.

The other is watching my WR catch a pass, esprcially in tight coverage, just for me to start running and he plain drops it without any contact at all.
The DB's today probably have just as good or better hands then the WR they are covering, lets face it the cliche that DB's cannot catch the ball is really worn out. Come on you think a guy who has played football for ohhhh 10 years or more of his life can't catch the ball, get serious. As well WR's drop passes all the time, Madden actually does a decent job representing this..
Old 01-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #13
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason81Ballin!!!
The DB's today probably have just as good or better hands then the WR they are covering, lets face it the cliche that DB's cannot catch the ball is really worn out. Come on you think a guy who has played football for ohhhh 10 years or more of his life can't catch the ball, get serious. As well WR's drop passes all the time, Madden actually does a decent job representing this..

I dont think he was refering to the DB's ability to catch an int. I think it is more so there ability to see the pass coming an reacting to the pass. I know what he means. DB's some how can see the ball coming when there heads are turned. I think thats what he means.

For me a dont like the one foot jumping that the LB's & DB's do to swat at the ball. And why is it that the Defense is more aggresive than my offense. When I see LB's & DB's flying in air off one foot to swat down a pass and my WR is just standing pisses me off. Make a play or something. Why dont the offensive players jump off one foot to make catches. The spectacular catch animation is alway a two foot jump. If the Defense can do it why cant the offense.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 01-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #14
Rookie

bvickers223's Arena

OVR: 1

I get pissed at the DB AI for CPU controlled players on my team and the other. I hate to see a DB running with his back to the ball and when it is 5 feet away he has some sixth sense and turns, jumps and makes a one handed pick, and hits the ground running full speed and runs with the moves of Barry Sanders all the way to the endzone.

I also hate to see a pass that seems predetermined to be an INT from the get-go. For example, I have seen more than one pass go straight to my receiver, hit his hands, go THROUGH his hands, LITERALLY, and go directly to the defender behind him. I actually replayed this and stopped the replay with the ball sticking out both sides of my receiver's arm. People can say about the INTs, you have to read the defense, etc, etc, but it is Maddening to make a good read, throw to a receiver who has good position on the DBs, only to watch some BS like that happen.

The list of problems with this game goes on, and on, and on....
Old 01-29-2008, 01:40 PM   #15
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

I have played madden regularly before, and i enjoyed it...but I was always amazed at some of the silliness...

I am honestly blown away by how many corners they cut and by the kinds of things that get past their testers....not to mention how they can completely neglect to really improve the game. By that i mean the running in place, the suck block, the guy ignoring the play, the lack of special teams realism (really, this is awful)...etc.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #16
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

The pass blocking, it is horrible. I dont really have to explain it If you played it you know the pass blocking is way to unrealistic.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »